Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SHURMUR AND TANNEHILL, I HOPE THIS IS JUST A SMOKE CLOUD BECAUSE HE ISNT A #4

Go down

SHURMUR AND TANNEHILL, I HOPE THIS IS JUST A SMOKE CLOUD BECAUSE HE ISNT A #4 Empty SHURMUR AND TANNEHILL, I HOPE THIS IS JUST A SMOKE CLOUD BECAUSE HE ISNT A #4

Post by wyckedheart8 Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:25 pm

If the reports that [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] to draft [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] are true, does that mean Cleveland has decided against taking a quarterback in the first round of the NFL draft?

Not necessarily. Browns coach Pat Shurmur told Mary Kay Cabot of the Cleveland Plain Dealer that he liked another quarterback he met with at the Scouting Combine: Texas A&M’s [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. After first saying he was impressed with Griffin, Shurmur then mentioned how much he liked Tannehill.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.],” Shurmur said. “Very intelligent young man. Did a nice job in the interview. It’s important in the interview that they’re able to talk about what they did when we watch their film, and I thought he did a very nice job of that. He was very productive this year after being a receiver. He played receiver for 30 games and quarterback for 21. That’s not always easy to do.”

If the Browns are considering taking Tannehill with the fourth overall pick, then they’re a lot higher on him than anyone realizes. And if the Browns are a lot higher on Tannehill than anyone realizes, Shurmur probably wouldn’t be talking up the Browns’ interest.

But Tannehill remains one of the most interesting players in this year’s NFL draft. With [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] looking like a sure thing to go first and Griffin looking like a sure thing to go second, the biggest question at quarterback is where Tannehill, widely regarded as the third-best quarterback in the draft, will end up.
wyckedheart8
wyckedheart8
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

SHURMUR AND TANNEHILL, I HOPE THIS IS JUST A SMOKE CLOUD BECAUSE HE ISNT A #4 Empty Re: SHURMUR AND TANNEHILL, I HOPE THIS IS JUST A SMOKE CLOUD BECAUSE HE ISNT A #4

Post by Guest Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:45 pm

second maybe the third round at best.

Back to top Go down

SHURMUR AND TANNEHILL, I HOPE THIS IS JUST A SMOKE CLOUD BECAUSE HE ISNT A #4 Empty Re: SHURMUR AND TANNEHILL, I HOPE THIS IS JUST A SMOKE CLOUD BECAUSE HE ISNT A #4

Post by Guest Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:50 pm

Dmounts wrote:second maybe the third round at best.

He will neve be there with those pics. Some mocks (not sure why) have him sneaking in the top 15

Back to top Go down

SHURMUR AND TANNEHILL, I HOPE THIS IS JUST A SMOKE CLOUD BECAUSE HE ISNT A #4 Empty TENNEHILL

Post by wyckedheart8 Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:53 pm

Dmounts wrote:second maybe the third round at best.
He would be a good pickup for a team that isnt in a hurry for a QB, the kid has the talent a QB needs to play in the NFL but he is at least 4 years away from being productive IMO, he has only played QB for like 17-18 games a 1 1/2 before that he was a WR in high school and most of his time at Texas A&M, but you never know, coaches are throwing QB's to the wolves right away these day and who can blame them, its gamble and get fired or let the kid learn and get fired, its just the way the NFL works these days, but he will be a damn good QB for someone one day.
wyckedheart8
wyckedheart8
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:20 pm

If he only has played 17/18 games how can anyone believe he's a NFL starting QB, or will ever be, let a lone spend a 1st rounder on him. Then again we're talking about Cleveland

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down