Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stunned Silence?

2 posters

Go down

Stunned Silence? Empty Stunned Silence?

Post by Dawildboar Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:30 pm

Well things are quiet after that bomb in Green Bay...I actually had the Lions picked to win in a pick'em league...Lost because of it, second time I lost because I picked the Lions, 1st time was against Green Bay in Detroit.

My heart said they had a chance but the back of my mind said "No Chance"...Not because they weren't good enough, they were. They weren't playing Green Bay's full team, take Woodson and Matthews off the field and Detroit is right there. Up by 14 points I was waiting for the first shoe to drop and it did in the form of a dropped snap and a defensive TD for the Packers...BRUTAL! The Lions DOMINATED that first half and one play...What pisses me off is the team didn't start off where the left. They were moving the ball and Green Bays defenders had to be gasing, keep doing what you're doing with the occasional shot down the field to keep the safeties back.

2012 is not 2011...A lot of decisions to be made, I'd make one today, Bell should start at RB...He's a player! Fairley might be the best defender on the team, he ROCKED his opponent on a consistent basis. Not sure what the hell happened at the end when the allowed the Packers to run it down their throat but Fairley is a keeper. Upgrades at the LBr position need to be made as well as Safety and CB...Might as well throw in a couple DE while we're at it. Avril showed what he is, not great...KVB is showing what he is, too old and Young and Jackson took a step back.

I think most people will look at 2012 as a year of missed chances. They're like Avril, not great...but they're not bad. The sad part is, I think next year they will have less talent.

Buckle up boys and girls, it's gonna be bumpy!
Dawildboar
Dawildboar

Back to top Go down

Stunned Silence? Empty Re: Stunned Silence?

Post by SharBar57 Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:54 am

Dawildboar wrote:Well things are quiet after that bomb in Green Bay...I actually had the Lions picked to win in a pick'em league...Lost because of it, second time I lost because I picked the Lions, 1st time was against Green Bay in Detroit.

My heart said they had a chance but the back of my mind said "No Chance"...Not because they weren't good enough, they were. They weren't playing Green Bay's full team, take Woodson and Matthews off the field and Detroit is right there. Up by 14 points I was waiting for the first shoe to drop and it did in the form of a dropped snap and a defensive TD for the Packers...BRUTAL! The Lions DOMINATED that first half and one play...What pisses me off is the team didn't start off where the left. They were moving the ball and Green Bays defenders had to be gasing, keep doing what you're doing with the occasional shot down the field to keep the safeties back.

2012 is not 2011...A lot of decisions to be made, I'd make one today, Bell should start at RB...He's a player! Fairley might be the best defender on the team, he ROCKED his opponent on a consistent basis. Not sure what the hell happened at the end when the allowed the Packers to run it down their throat but Fairley is a keeper. Upgrades at the LBr position need to be made as well as Safety and CB...Might as well throw in a couple DE while we're at it. Avril showed what he is, not great...KVB is showing what he is, too old and Young and Jackson took a step back.

I think most people will look at 2012 as a year of missed chances. They're like Avril, not great...but they're not bad. The sad part is, I think next year they will have less talent.

Buckle up boys and girls, it's gonna be bumpy!

Pretty much what I have been saying all along, Boar. They need help with the back seven. They need playmakers there and they have none. This board has been quiet for some time now. Can't really hold a discussion with just two or three of us participating. I listen to 97.1 the ticket in the AM and therefore get my "Lion fix" by listening to the hosts, but mostly the call ins with all of their venting and stupid suggestions, etc! What have I learned this season? Well...this team is going no where and fast. Even with a nucleus of talent (Calvin, Stafford, Suh, and Fairley) they have to improve so many other factions of the team that I don't expect them to contend or compete for ever as long as Mayhew continues to draft BPA and neglects what the team actually needs! And you can include Schwartz in there, too! You know he has a say in who they draft! And, although I will be a Lions' fan until I die, I will not ever again give my "heart" to this team; just like I did with the Tigers and Red Wings. I can enjoy pro sports without rooting for just one team...take last night...I was relishing the whipping NE gave the Titans (have been a Brady fan forever). I really enjoyed watching that game! So, I won't be posting on this board much anymore either.

Oh, and one other thing I have to mention. Meiden (Mike) has been posting occasionally, but he only reiterates what he reads in the Detroit papers. He doesn't live in Michigan and therefore has no real "feel" about what is going on with Detroit sports. He thinks he does, but he really has no clue! Besides, he doesn't read everyone's post, therefore has no clue what has been discussed or not. So, I won't miss his input one iota. But for those that post on "facebook" once in while...seeya there, fellas. And to all the rest...Have a great Holiday Season!

Sharon

SharBar57

Back to top Go down