Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pittsburgh Steelers' Top-Ranked Defense Being Snubbed in Pro Bowl

Go down

Pittsburgh Steelers' Top-Ranked Defense Being Snubbed in Pro Bowl Empty Pittsburgh Steelers' Top-Ranked Defense Being Snubbed in Pro Bowl

Post by Guest Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:37 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

At some By point yesterday afternoon poking around on Twitter, I noticed that [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].com beat writer Gregg Rosenthal posted his [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] for the 2012 season so far.

As I read, I became more and more stunned at the lack of [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] who usually litter the list. Understandably, some of the bigger name guys haven't lived up to their potential this season (James Harrison, LaMarr Woodley, Mike Wallace) and don't warrant a trip to Hawaii.

Right now, Rosenthal has just one Steeler headed to the early February exhibition game, and that is guard Willie Colon...that's right, Willie Colon may be the only Steelers player in the Pro Bowl. Granted, Rosenthal does list Big Ben behind Andrew Luck solely due to the fact that Roethlisberger missed three games and can easily make up the ground.

But it's absolutely stunning to think that the Steelers' No. 1-ranked defense does not currently have any representatives worthy of Pro Bowl consideration in the eyes of an NFL "expert." And the question becomes, is this a growing trend?

I'm not one to say that a team truly has the best defense in the league if it gives up the fewest yards in a season, but the Steelers are certainly an upper echelon unit. I also happen to think there are at least three guys who should get a look or a mention.

Back to top Go down