Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Batch Embarrassed After Almost Losing to Flacco... :)

Go down

Batch Embarrassed After Almost Losing to Flacco...  :) Empty Batch Embarrassed After Almost Losing to Flacco... :)

Post by Guest Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:53 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The story reads:

"PITTSBURGH—Steelers third-string quarterback Charlie Batch told reporters Wednesday that he still felt completely humiliated by the shame of nearly losing to Baltimore Ravens quarterback Joe Flacco in week 13. “Oh my God, I can’t believe that I had to put together a 61-yard drive in the closing minutes just to beat Joe Flacco,” said the absolutely mortified 38-year-old, who has recorded 61 touchdowns and 52 interceptions during a NFL career spent almost entirely as a backup. “That could have been the last game I ever started or even played in. If you lose to Joe Flacco, you know it’s all over. There’s just no way you can call yourself a pro quarterback after that.” Ravens wide receiver Anquan Boldin expressed empathy for Batch, admitting that he often feels totally embarrassed to be seen in the same huddle as Joe Flacco."

Of course in fairness to Flacco, Batch-led Steelers teams have lost to him twice before -- in 2010 and a few weeks ago. It's also not the first time [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] of the Onion's pointed brand of satire.

[Major Correction: Batch didn't start the Nov. 18 game against Baltimore -- that was Byron Leftwich, which I should know because I was at the game.

Back to top Go down

Batch Embarrassed After Almost Losing to Flacco...  :) Empty Re: Batch Embarrassed After Almost Losing to Flacco... :)

Post by Guest Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:54 pm

The Onion is awesome... but Flaco does suck LOL

Back to top Go down