Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It's becoming touch football...

3 posters

Go down

It's becoming touch football... Empty It's becoming touch football...

Post by Guest Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:50 pm

Jerron McMillian thinks NFL “has a hit out” on Packers

Posted by Josh Alper on November 30, 2012, 10:38 AM EST
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Getty Images
Packers safety [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] picked up a $21,000 fine from the NFL for a hit on Giants tight end [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] during last Sunday’s 38-10 Giants victory and he doesn’t believe that the punishment fits the crime.

McMillian doesn’t think there was any crime at all, although he was flagged for unnecessary roughness on the hit. He said the team’s coaches told him there wasn’t anything he could or should have done differently on the play and he’ll appeal the fine. McMillian also doesn’t think it was a coincidence that a member of the Packers received a fine from the league for the third straight week.

“I think (the NFL) has got [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. We’re trying to play a physical football game, and it calls to be physical in this game of football. Just to have rules and regulations on to how and to where to hit a player, it’s hard,” McMillian said, via Paul Imig of FoxSportsWisconsin.com. ”You want to go all out, you want to leave everything on the field, but that’s a little bit of an aspect of the game they’re trying to take away. They’re trying to take it away.”

McMillian also said he thought that Bennett’s reaction to the hit helped draw the flag.

“I guess it’s for the well-being of whoever was down, because I guess he was crying and whatnot,” McMillian said. “I guess something was wrong with him, but it was a clean hit. I think they more so threw the flag because of his reaction instead of the actual contact.”

It’s not the first time that a member of the Packers has suggested that the NFL is taking a special interest [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] this season. It didn’t feel true then and it doesn’t feel true now.

One need only type “fine” into the search box on this page to see how many fines the league hands out in a week to every team and one need only type “appeal fine” to see how rarely players in the league, Packers and otherwise, agree with the league’s assessment. The Packers aren’t the only team in this boat, no matter how much McMillian believes there’s a “hit” out on them.

The assertion that the league somehow has a *hit out on the Pack* is obviously ridiculous... However, what is also ridiculous is what is happening to this league under the little pussyboy, Goodell... Time and time again you see it happening lately... A perfectly delivered, legal, bone-crunching hit...you hear the *pop* of the impact...the man drops motionless...the crowd gasps...and after all that--some fucking sugar-tit ref responds by throwing the late flag. I mean--anything done that well must be fucking illegal or at the least improper, right?

Give me a fucking break...

Back to top Go down

It's becoming touch football... Empty Re: It's becoming touch football...

Post by milani Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:37 pm

There are rogue elements in the agency that do have it in for us. Face it. They could have easily overturned the Seattle verdict the next day and been revered by the entire universe except in Seattle. This is just a covert operation being levied against us.

With all do respect I hope we do get far enough into the post season so that at some point we can say our record should have been ##-* and thank the NFL for putting us where we stand.
milani
milani
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by MB20 Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:20 pm

_HD_ wrote:Jerron McMillian thinks NFL “has a hit out” on Packers

Posted by Josh Alper on November 30, 2012, 10:38 AM EST
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Getty Images
Packers safety [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] picked up a $21,000 fine from the NFL for a hit on Giants tight end [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] during last Sunday’s 38-10 Giants victory and he doesn’t believe that the punishment fits the crime.

McMillian doesn’t think there was any crime at all, although he was flagged for unnecessary roughness on the hit. He said the team’s coaches told him there wasn’t anything he could or should have done differently on the play and he’ll appeal the fine. McMillian also doesn’t think it was a coincidence that a member of the Packers received a fine from the league for the third straight week.

“I think (the NFL) has got [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. We’re trying to play a physical football game, and it calls to be physical in this game of football. Just to have rules and regulations on to how and to where to hit a player, it’s hard,” McMillian said, via Paul Imig of FoxSportsWisconsin.com. ”You want to go all out, you want to leave everything on the field, but that’s a little bit of an aspect of the game they’re trying to take away. They’re trying to take it away.”

McMillian also said he thought that Bennett’s reaction to the hit helped draw the flag.

“I guess it’s for the well-being of whoever was down, because I guess he was crying and whatnot,” McMillian said. “I guess something was wrong with him, but it was a clean hit. I think they more so threw the flag because of his reaction instead of the actual contact.”

It’s not the first time that a member of the Packers has suggested that the NFL is taking a special interest [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] this season. It didn’t feel true then and it doesn’t feel true now.

One need only type “fine” into the search box on this page to see how many fines the league hands out in a week to every team and one need only type “appeal fine” to see how rarely players in the league, Packers and otherwise, agree with the league’s assessment. The Packers aren’t the only team in this boat, no matter how much McMillian believes there’s a “hit” out on them.

The assertion that the league somehow has a *hit out on the Pack* is obviously ridiculous... However, what is also ridiculous is what is happening to this league under the little pussyboy, Goodell... Time and time again you see it happening lately... A perfectly delivered, legal, bone-crunching hit...you hear the *pop* of the impact...the man drops motionless...the crowd gasps...and after all that--some fucking sugar-tit ref responds by throwing the late flag. I mean--anything done that well must be fucking illegal or at the least improper, right?

Give me a fucking break...

Or, worse, the ones that get flagged that are obviously bad calls, and Goodell goes ahead and fines them, anyway. That piece of shit and the asshole owners he serves really are destroying this game.

MB20
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:57 pm

milani wrote:There are rogue elements in the agency that do have it in for us. Face it. They could have easily overturned the Seattle verdict the next day and been revered by the entire universe except in Seattle. This is just a covert operation being levied against us.

You've lived in Iowa for too long, Milani... I can't blame you for your absurd beliefs... Fuck--if I was stuck there, I'd wonder too about who the contingency of assholes is who conspired to put me there... LOL

The reality is this: It matters none who the team was that got jobbed... There was ZERO percent chance the league was going to overturn a call like that. Why? Because it would establish a precedent where games could be overturned by the league office after the fact. It would open a whole new realm of issues where teams could start whining about this play and that play that fundamentally altered (in their view) the outcome of the game, BLAH BLAH BLAH and that they should be awarded the victory. It would evolve and progress to the point that ten years from now, the outcome of all games would need to be reviewed and certified by the league office. The league will never do that. It just further politicizes the game. Perfect or imperfect--the outcome of the game is left on the field...and that's the way it will forever be maintained if they have a fucking clue about them...

With all do respect I hope we do get far enough into the post season so that at some point we can say our record should have been ##-* and thank the NFL for putting us where we stand.

Alright now, stop that shit, Lenny! You're giving JnC a plump ball park frank with all that provocative should have/could have/would have talk... Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by RingoCStarrQB Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:14 pm

They ought to just starting fining the officials for making shit calls.
RingoCStarrQB
RingoCStarrQB
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by milani Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:05 pm

It would open a whole new realm of issues where teams could start whining about this play and that play that fundamentally altered

Then so be it..Precedents have to be set when change must occur. Think of Brown vs. the Board of Education, the 18th Ammendment, Medicare. Let the heavens fall.
milani
milani
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down