Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Message from Hines

3 posters

Go down

Message from Hines Empty Message from Hines

Post by Guest Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:12 am

"This isn't how I wanted this chapter of my career to end. I did everything in my power to remain a Steeler and finish what I started here 14 years ago. I want to thank the organization, my teammates and coaches and everyone who made my run as a Steeler the best years of my life. To Mr. Rooney, thank you for allowing me to play for one of the greatest organizations in the world. To my fans and in particular, Steeler Nation, thank you for your support and all the great memories. I gave my heart and soul for you every down and I will always bleed black and gold. I do feel that I still have more football left in me and I am looking forward to playing in the NFL, again, this upcoming season." - HINES

Back to top Go down

Message from Hines Empty Re: Message from Hines

Post by Guest Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:34 am

AS A LONGTIME STEELER FAN ... I'VE GONE THRU THIS WITH A LOT OF GREAT STEELER PLAYERS ... THE ROONEYS JUST DON'T BELIEVE IN LETTING A GREAT PLAYER END HIS CAREER AS A STEELER , THEY COULD CARE LESS ... I BELIEVE THEY REFUSED TO ALLOW FRANCO HARRIS TO RETIRE AS A STEELER , I THINK HE HAD TO FINISH HIS CAREER AS A SEAHAWK ? THE ROONEYS ARE ALL BUSINESS.

Back to top Go down

Post by Randell60 Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:18 am

lynnaandj wrote:"This isn't how I wanted this chapter of my career to end. I did everything in my power to remain a Steeler and finish what I started here 14 years ago. I want to thank the organization, my teammates and coaches and everyone who made my run as a Steeler the best years of my life. To Mr. Rooney, thank you for allowing me to play for one of the greatest organizations in the world. To my fans and in particular, Steeler Nation, thank you for your support and all the great memories. I gave my heart and soul for you every down and I will always bleed black and gold. I do feel that I still have more football left in me and I am looking forward to playing in the NFL, again, this upcoming season." - HINES
That's messed up. They should have just let him retire as a Steeler!!
Randell60
Randell60
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:11 pm

Randell60 wrote:
lynnaandj wrote:"This isn't how I wanted this chapter of my career to end. I did everything in my power to remain a Steeler and finish what I started here 14 years ago. I want to thank the organization, my teammates and coaches and everyone who made my run as a Steeler the best years of my life. To Mr. Rooney, thank you for allowing me to play for one of the greatest organizations in the world. To my fans and in particular, Steeler Nation, thank you for your support and all the great memories. I gave my heart and soul for you every down and I will always bleed black and gold. I do feel that I still have more football left in me and I am looking forward to playing in the NFL, again, this upcoming season." - HINES

YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND THE SALARY CAP ISSUES. Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Randell60 Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:23 pm

Taskforce wrote:
Randell60 wrote:

YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND THE SALARY CAP ISSUES. Laughing
Explain it to us from (A to Z) then, mr. General manager..... monkey
Randell60
Randell60
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:35 pm

I agree. There must have been SOMETHING that could have been done.. right? I mean maybe he would have taken a cut to do something else on the team? It's too sad to think about.

Back to top Go down

Message from Hines Empty HINES WARD

Post by wyckedheart8 Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:47 pm

Randell60 wrote:
He isnt ready to retire, and even though I am a Browns fan I think he still has at least 2 years left in him if he puts his body through the workouts it needs, but those workouts will be like the ones Jerry Rice and Walter Payton went through, if not he has a year left as a slot receiver only because he knows how to run routes and has soft hands.
wyckedheart8
wyckedheart8
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by foghorn Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:48 pm

lynnaandj wrote:I agree. There must have been SOMETHING that could have been done.. right? I mean maybe he would have taken a cut to do something else on the team? It's too sad to think about.
I'd have to think there is a lot more to this story than what we have been told by BOTH sides. I just cannot see the Rooney's dumping him "IF" he were agreeable to play on the cheap. I can understand the value of a roster spot. But... still there is something else going on. Could it be related to his DUI charges??? We all develop an opinion of a player based off his performance and what WE want to see in him as a player. but the truth is... they are human beings with faults we may never know of. Maybe.... This factored into the decision?
foghorn
foghorn
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:18 am

THE ROONEYS DON'T CARE .. THEY NEVER HAVE AND NEVER WILL. ..AND THIS GOES ALL THE WAY BACK TO THE 70'S DYNASTY PLAYERS.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:21 am

ALL THE CURRENT ROONEYS CARE ABOUT AT THE PRESENT TIME IS COVERING UP FOR MIKE TOMLINS INCOMPETENCE , HIS DESTROYING COWHERS SUPERBOWL DYNASTY TEAM THAT WAS HANDED TO HIM ON A SILVER PLATTER... THE ROONEYS CUT OFF THEIR NOSE TO SPITE THEIR FACE WHEN THEY REFUSED TO PAY COWHER THE MONEY HE ASKED FOR... THIS IS WHATS IMPORTANT TO THE ROONEYS , MONEY AND COVERING FOR THE MIKE TOMLIN SLAP IN THE FACE TO COWHER.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:23 am

THE ROONEYS DON'T WANT TO SHARE THE LIMELIGHT WITH A PLAYER...THEY WANT ALL THE ATTENTION .. YOU DON'T THINK ROONEYS EGO IS BIGGER THAN ANY PLAYERS EGO ?? WAKE UP.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:57 pm

Taskforce wrote:ALL THE CURRENT ROONEYS CARE ABOUT AT THE PRESENT TIME IS COVERING UP FOR MIKE TOMLINS INCOMPETENCE , HIS DESTROYING COWHERS SUPERBOWL DYNASTY TEAM THAT WAS HANDED TO HIM ON A SILVER PLATTER... THE ROONEYS CUT OFF THEIR NOSE TO SPITE THEIR FACE WHEN THEY REFUSED TO PAY COWHER THE MONEY HE ASKED FOR... THIS IS WHATS IMPORTANT TO THE ROONEYS , MONEY AND COVERING FOR THE MIKE TOMLIN SLAP IN THE FACE TO COWHER.

I seriously doubt many posters and no professional sports people remotely would agree with your take on this. Tomlin is not seen as incompetent nor has he destroyed cowhers team...He has improved it. remind me again what Cowher actually did in his 16 years in Pittsburgh?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:25 pm

Tjeco wrote:
Taskforce wrote:ALL THE CURRENT ROONEYS CARE ABOUT AT THE PRESENT TIME IS COVERING UP FOR MIKE TOMLINS INCOMPETENCE , HIS DESTROYING COWHERS SUPERBOWL DYNASTY TEAM THAT WAS HANDED TO HIM ON A SILVER PLATTER... THE ROONEYS CUT OFF THEIR NOSE TO SPITE THEIR FACE WHEN THEY REFUSED TO PAY COWHER THE MONEY HE ASKED FOR... THIS IS WHATS IMPORTANT TO THE ROONEYS , MONEY AND COVERING FOR THE MIKE TOMLIN SLAP IN THE FACE TO COWHER.

I seriously doubt many posters and no professional sports people remotely would agree with your take on this. Tomlin is not seen as incompetent nor has he destroyed cowhers team...He has improved it. remind me again what Cowher actually did in his 16 years in Pittsburgh?

Consider the source.[b]

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:33 pm

THIS IS WHATS IMPORTANT TO THE ROONEYS , MONEY AND COVERING FOR THE MIKE TOMLIN SLAP IN THE FACE TO COWHER.

Cowjaw was a bum.

Shut up.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down