Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Colts interim coach Bruce Arians thankful for Steelers letting him go

2 posters

Go down

Colts interim coach Bruce Arians thankful for Steelers letting him go Empty Colts interim coach Bruce Arians thankful for Steelers letting him go

Post by Guest Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:13 pm

Colts interim coach Bruce Arians thankful for Steelers letting him go

By Evan Hilbert | CBSSports.com
November 22, 2012 8:03 am ET

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Interim coach Bruce Arians has been a blessing in disguise for the Indianapolis Colts. (US Presswire)
Early this calender year, the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and their offensive coordinator, Bruce Arians, parted ways.

It was initially stated that Arians had retired; later, it was revealed that he was forced out of town. So when the Steelers didn't offer Arians a contract, he ended up finding work iwith the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] alongside new head coach Chuck Pagano.

You know the story from there. Now, leading up to his eighth game as interim head coach of the team, Arians looked back graciously at what occurred in Pittsburgh.

"I'm thankful for the Pittsburgh Steelers letting me go to be here," Arians said Wednesday. "Truthfully, I couldn't think of a better place to be at this point in time and to have felt more needed probably in my entire life. So thank you Pittsburgh.”

Clearly there's no love lost from Arians' perspective.

And the Colts are certainly thankful for Arians, as well. Indy is 5-2 since he took over as interim coach and in prime position to reach the playoffs.

Perhaps his most important achievement has been his relationship with rookie quarterback [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. Arians has mentored great quarterbacks in the past -- Ben Roethlisberger, Peyton Manning -- so his experience is invaluable to a player of Luck's caliber.

“I think that's one great thing about coach Arians, if you show that you can handle the playbook or what he's asking of you, he'll put more on your plate," Luck said. "I think treats all of us rookies that way. He doesn't call us rookies anymore, that's for sure. It's great to have your coach's trust when you are out on the field.”

Though Arians has been trustworthy of Luck, he's also cautioned him and the other rookies about the proverbial "rookie wall." With eight rookies seeing significant time, Arians said he and his staff have been warning them for weeks about what can happen this time of year.

"It's the mental grind, and this is when the big boys play, December," Arians said. "What you did in November doesn't mean a dag gone thing, it's what you do in December that they remember. These guys have a chance to do something special if they just stay in the moment and don't worry about the future."

[i][i][i][i][i]For more up-to-the-minute news and analysis from Colts blogger Evan Hilbert, follow [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].[/i][/i][/i][/i][/i]

Back to top Go down

Colts interim coach Bruce Arians thankful for Steelers letting him go Empty Re: Colts interim coach Bruce Arians thankful for Steelers letting him go

Post by RLON39 Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:11 am

Arians is a shit coach, this temporary misperception will fade soon...

RLON39
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Colts interim coach Bruce Arians thankful for Steelers letting him go Empty Re: Colts interim coach Bruce Arians thankful for Steelers letting him go

Post by Admin Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:26 am

RLON39 wrote:Arians is a shit coach, this temporary misperception will fade soon...
I get amazed at theses articles.... what's he supposed to say... "I'd rather be with the Steelers than be an interim head coach"... He's gotten lucky with the Colts organization twice this year. First by being hired, second by being elevated to temp head coach. LOL, media kills me.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://profootballworld.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down