Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mayhew's acquisition of Thomas was good because?!?!?

3 posters

Go down

Mayhew's acquisition of Thomas was good because?!?!? Empty Mayhew's acquisition of Thomas was good because?!?!?

Post by meiden Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:01 pm

His pick of Young was so bad? Is this the argument I am hearing? Mayhew blew the pick of Young so he has to go get Broyles and now Thomas? And Thomas showed asolutely nothing so far this year in Jax so I'm not sure why we'd count on him picking up the slack for Young.

meiden
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Mayhew's acquisition of Thomas was good because?!?!? Empty Re: Mayhew's acquisition of Thomas was good because?!?!?

Post by SharBar57 Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:09 pm

Thomas will not replace Young. Broyles will and he could be a viable replacement because for one...he knows how to CATCH the dang ball and two...he knows how to run routes and hopefully he can line up in the right spot which apparently Young didn't have a clue! Thomas is already on the roster so we don't have to scratch and claw at the bottom of the dung heap to try to find another WR! That's all I was saying... Smile

Sharon

SharBar57

Back to top Go down

Mayhew's acquisition of Thomas was good because?!?!? Empty Re: Mayhew's acquisition of Thomas was good because?!?!?

Post by Guest Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:34 pm

What is wrong with Young's head? He has plenty of talent. Is he walking bent over with his head in his tail? I know he had a thing or 2 in college, but haven't we all had at least one miscue. Maybe he is part of Stafford's problem. I get the feeling that this wasn't a one time event. Maybe Mayhew can swap him for a first string waterboy.

Back to top Go down

Post by meiden Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:31 am

CorvetteDan wrote:What is wrong with Young's head? He has plenty of talent. Is he walking bent over with his head in his tail? I know he had a thing or 2 in college, but haven't we all had at least one miscue. Maybe he is part of Stafford's problem. I get the feeling that this wasn't a one time event. Maybe Mayhew can swap him for a first string waterboy.

If he is part of Stafford's problem...it's a very small part. Stafford twice missed a wide open CJ that would've resulted in a TD, he didn't secure the ball on a scramble that had 20 yards of free space in front of him, then didn't come close to seeing the defender when he sidearmed a pass into the defender's arm. None of those had anything to do with anyone but Stafford. Stafford is putting up decent numbers but blowing it in key spots. As much as anyone, Stafford is a reason the Lions have only won 4 games.

meiden
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Post by Dawildboar Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:55 am

meiden wrote:
CorvetteDan wrote:What is wrong with Young's head? He has plenty of talent. Is he walking bent over with his head in his tail? I know he had a thing or 2 in college, but haven't we all had at least one miscue. Maybe he is part of Stafford's problem. I get the feeling that this wasn't a one time event. Maybe Mayhew can swap him for a first string waterboy.

If he is part of Stafford's problem...it's a very small part. Stafford twice missed a wide open CJ that would've resulted in a TD, he didn't secure the ball on a scramble that had 20 yards of free space in front of him, then didn't come close to seeing the defender when he sidearmed a pass into the defender's arm. None of those had anything to do with anyone but Stafford. Stafford is putting up decent numbers but blowing it in key spots. As much as anyone, Stafford is a reason the Lions have only won 4 games.

You're right Mi, he's playing like Freeman did last year and Freeman is playing like stafford did. He has the occasional sensational play but more often than not, he's missing by just enough to say he's not terrible. The interception for a TD was a bad pass, a good play by Scheffler would have been a reception but just a decent pass by Stafford would have resulted in a first down for the Lions. Scheffler had to turn around and jump up to get the pass, (which he did, both hands but the ball went threw them...) a good pass would have been a 20 yard+ gain. His fumble...1st down for sure.
Dawildboar
Dawildboar

Back to top Go down

Post by SharBar57 Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:08 am

meiden wrote:

All of this has been hashed and rehashed on 97.1 the Ticket. All agree that something is "wrong" with Stafford; BUT...nobody knows for sure what. All we know is he is not having as good a year as last...somewhat close, but not when it counts. He looks like he is playing hurt. And, yes...Young could be a thorn in the side of the "O" and we just don't know how bad it really is. Not just on the field but in the clubhouse, too...acting like a spoiled brat not getting his way. I think Boar made the most sense of it: "Maybe Young is too dumb to play this game!"

Sharon

SharBar57

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:52 pm

Stafford could be hurt, and the way half the jerk knee clowns in town jump on the he's a fragile china doll wagon, I wouldn't tell a sole.

Back to top Go down

Post by meiden Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:46 am

Dawildboar wrote:
meiden wrote:

You're right Mi, he's playing like Freeman did last year and Freeman is playing like stafford did. He has the occasional sensational play but more often than not, he's missing by just enough to say he's not terrible. The interception for a TD was a bad pass, a good play by Scheffler would have been a reception but just a decent pass by Stafford would have resulted in a first down for the Lions. Scheffler had to turn around and jump up to get the pass, (which he did, both hands but the ball went threw them...) a good pass would have been a 20 yard+ gain. His fumble...1st down for sure.

I just wait to hear about Staffords 400+ yards yesterday. I will point out his 50% completion rate. Some may point out the drops...I'll point out as many great catches on badly thrown balls. Stafford again missed two wide open receivers who had gotten behind the secondary. He is struggling this year. I still think he will bounce back but he is struggling. I don't think it's physical...I think it's mental. Something he has to overcome and it might take an offseason.

meiden
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Post by SharBar57 Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:26 am

SharBar57 wrote:Thomas will not replace Young. Broyles will and he could be a viable replacement because for one...he knows how to CATCH the dang ball and two...he knows how to run routes and hopefully he can line up in the right spot which apparently Young didn't have a clue! Thomas is already on the roster so we don't have to scratch and claw at the bottom of the dung heap to try to find another WR! That's all I was saying... Smile

Sharon

Way to go Broyles...at least you did your job!

Sharon

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

SharBar57

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down