Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Just curious

2 posters

Go down

Just curious Empty Just curious

Post by duck Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:48 pm

Hello Lions fans... to be honest I haven't thought much about you since your team tanked the early part of this season but since Megatron & Co. seem to be stabilizing a bit and my Packers play them this week, I thought I'd visit your board.

Last year on AOL, I recall a considerable amount of whining by Detroit fans. Collectively, you seemed to have this notion that your team was picked on and didn't get the calls. Conversely, you seemed to feel that elite teams like the Packers "got all the calls." Some of the worst Detroit whiners even suggested that the game was "fixed"... even though they continue to watch it... LOL! Well, hopefully, the Seattle Fail Mary dispelled that notion, and just so you don't think I'm a hypocrite, check the Packer board to review my post-game comments. I blame the loss totally on the Packers for their shitty first half. Had they played well, the bad call would have been moot.

Now, obviously I don't want to get caught up in sweeping generalities. Many Lions fans back on AOL were classy and I'm sure many on this board are as well. But I do recall the old guy, RLM, I believe, groveling in the mud like a Calcutta beggar.

Anyway, I'm just wondering what your thoughts are about the Packer game. It's a very important divisional game and you can never take anything for granted. It's pretty much do or die for Detroit. If they lose and go to 4-6, their playoff chances, while not over, would be pretty remote. On the other hand, the Packers can smell the Bears fading and after an extra week to prepare, they have some plusses on their side of the ledger.

I think it will be a close and exciting game with the Packers prevailing 31-21. Win or lose, bad calls or not either way, you will not hear me complaining. The final score is the final score.

What say you?

Last edited by duck on Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:59 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Just because)
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Just curious Empty Re: Just curious

Post by Guest Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:46 pm

Seems like all lasts years hot teams started slipping in the mud. Think the Lions got a extra deep pile this year.

Back to top Go down

Post by SharBar57 Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:32 am

In response to "Duck."

The Lions haven't had many bad calls against them; they have endured the sub-par officiating of the replacements; they have a "harder" (could be debated) schedule this year because they won more games than ususal last year; they are now going into the 10th game of the season and they still haven't kicked "it" into gear! No excuses for them if you ask me. On paper they are pretty much the same team, but on the field they are totally different. It is quite perplexing and more than frustrating to watch as a fan. I predicted an 8-8 season following the pre-season and now I am thinking that is way too optimistic a prognostication! They will be lucky to win one of the next three games and that in itself knocks them out of any hope for a playoff spot I didn't think they would make anyway. No surprise here.

Sharon

SharBar57

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum