Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Here is why the fake field goal did not work...

3 posters

Go down

Here is why the fake field goal did not work... Empty Here is why the fake field goal did not work...

Post by Guest Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:54 pm

11:29PM EST November 4. 2012 - EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. – Larry Foote was furious.

The Pittsburgh Steelers needed a yard to convert a fourth-and-1 from the New York Giants' 3-yard line early in the fourth quarter, and coach Mike Tomlin decided against a run up the middle for a first down, a pass for a touchdown or even the easy field goal to tie the game in favor of the backward flip to kicker Shaun Suisham.

It didn't work. And Foote was livid.

With the execution, not the call itself.

"I'm more mad we didn't execute it because we've been running that play for about five years now! And in practice, Heath Miller comes off and blocks me every time!"
Foote told USA TODAY Sports, though he yelled it for about half of the Steelers' locker room to hear after their 24-20 victory at MetLife Stadium.

RECAP: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

"We finally ran it and didn't execute!"

In a more measured tone, Foote then added, "That's football."

Back to top Go down

Here is why the fake field goal did not work... Empty Re: Here is why the fake field goal did not work...

Post by Toddseahawks Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:58 pm

Foote is a punk. And a backstaber.
Toddseahawks
Toddseahawks
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Here is why the fake field goal did not work... Empty Re: Here is why the fake field goal did not work...

Post by Guest Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:02 am

Toddseahawks wrote:Foote is a punk. And a backstaber.

Dude, you are acting mean and nasty. Maybe go sober up before coming back and then I might like you again. Gesh!

Back to top Go down

Post by Toddseahawks Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:07 am

DiehardSteelersfan wrote:

Dude, you are acting mean and nasty. Maybe go sober up before coming back and then I might like you again. Gesh!

You pissed on my back...and you think that flys with me?,
Toddseahawks
Toddseahawks
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:11 am

Toddseahawks wrote:

Maybe I pissed you your back because you flashed your ass so I really don't care whether it flies with you.

Back to top Go down

Post by RLON39 Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:56 am

It didn't work because there was no reason for the giants to do anything other than 'stay home' in that situation. It didn't work because it was a horrible situational call against a defense happy to have three points put up against them at that point in time. It didn't work because a player with 5.0 forty speed got the ball over 5 yards deep when all they had to do was surge ahead for a foot. Wren't they dominating the run game? Tell them Die...lol.

RLON39
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by leejr Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:57 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] by [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Today at 2:56 am

----

It didn't work because there was no reason for the giants to do anything other than 'stay home' in that situation. It didn't work because it was a horrible situational call against a defense happy to have three points put up against them at that point in time. It didn't work because a player with 5.0 forty speed got the ball over 5 yards deep when all they had to do was surge ahead for a foot. Wren't they dominating the run game? Tell them Die...lol.

Never take points off the board. Didn't work because the wrong player ran it,also bad coaching decision
leejr
leejr
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:47 am

leejr wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] by [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Today at 2:56 am

----

Never take points off the board. Didn't work because the wrong player ran it,also bad coaching decision

It didn't work because Heath Miller missed his block. That was the only reason why it didn't work. And it was a gutsy call by Tomlin.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:12 pm

Toddseahawks wrote:

Maybe I pissed you your back because you flashed your ass so I really don't care whether it flies with you.

You two need to get a room. Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:34 pm

Dmounts wrote:
Toddseahawks wrote:

You two need to get a room. Rolling Eyes

I'm sure that you would think that if you were not following along. Todd flashed the ass that is connected to his neck.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down