Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Four years after promising hope and change

Go down

Four years after promising hope and change Empty Four years after promising hope and change

Post by Guest Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:57 pm

Four years after promising hope and change, and after a deficit-driving $787 billion stimulus program, here is the result:

12.1 million unemployed, with an unemployment rate above 8 percent for 43 of the past 44 months.

8.6 million working part time because they can’t find full-time work

2.5 million who wanted to work, but have stopped looking for jobs.

In 2009, real median household income was $52,195. By 2011, it had fallen to $50,054

In 2009, the U.S. poverty rate was 14.3 percent. By 2011, the poverty rate climbed to 15 percent.

On Obama’s watch, 12 million more Americans joined the food-stamp program, which has reached a record of more than 46 million enrollees.

Annual federal budget deficits above $1 trillion for the past four years, increasing the national debt to an all-time high of $16 trillion.

On that last point, it was freshman U.S. Sen. Barack Obama, who said on March 16, 2006, as he prepared to vote against raising the debt ceiling to (a mere) $9 trillion:

“Leadership means that ‘the buck stops here.' Instead, Washington is shifting the burden of bad choices today onto the backs of our children and grandchildren. America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership. Americans deserve better.”

Americans do deserve better, and the fact that the president now regrets his 2006 stand is another reason why he is unsuited to a second term.

Here is another: On Feb. 23, 2009, the year the federal deficit would total $1.4 trillion, Obama said, “Today I am pledging to cut the deficit we inherited in half by the end of my first term in office. ... I refuse to leave our children with a debt that they cannot repay, and that means taking responsibility right now, in this administration, for getting our spending under control."

Instead, he has given the nation $1 trillion annual deficits ever since.

Back to top Go down

Four years after promising hope and change Empty Re: Four years after promising hope and change

Post by Christian398 Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:03 am

Don't forget the 1.4 trillion deficit was inherited from eight years of the baby Bush administration.
Christian398
Christian398

Back to top Go down

Four years after promising hope and change Empty Re: Four years after promising hope and change

Post by Guest Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:17 pm

I didn't read last paragraph

On Feb. 23, 2009, the year the federal deficit would total $1.4 trillion, Obama said, “Today I am pledging to cut the deficit we inherited in half by the end of my first term in office. ... I refuse to leave our children with a debt that they cannot repay, and that means taking responsibility right now, in this administration, for getting our spending under control.

Bush 1.4 trillion for eight years

Obama 1 Trillion per year.

Come on man Do the math.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:37 pm

If you had a car with a bad transmission and mechanic says I'll fix your car for $1000. He pulls the tranny and sees the engine block is cracked. Gonna have to charge you $3000 instead. Things change.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:36 pm

Yelp that's like the furnace guy on 60 minutes. The reporters pull the fuse out of the furnace and call a repair company. The repair company comes into the house and says it's the blower motor. I have one out in the truck that I can charge you 1/2 price for it. He brings back the blower motor and puts it in. He then says when I put the Blower motor in it caused the wires to burn up. He then says I can fix the burnt wires for triple the price of the blower motor. When told the 60 minutes reporters just pulled out the fuse and nothing else was wrong with the furnace the guy tries to justify the work by saying those repairs were also wrong with the furnace.

Obama the repairman has just keep adding to the bills making the simple repair more costly.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:39 pm

No that isn't what he wants, he has nothing to gain. He's screwed just like the rest of us.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:47 pm

CorvetteDan wrote:No that isn't what he wants, he has nothing to gain. He's screwed just like the rest of us.

How is he screwed? He has his policies to gain. He has an agenda.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:49 pm

If it's goes bad he has to live with the results

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:54 pm

Yell right, the problem is we all have to live with the results.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:13 pm

That also

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down