Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Reid's Son OD'd on Heroin

Go down

Reid's Son OD'd on Heroin Empty Reid's Son OD'd on Heroin

Post by Guest Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:46 am

Report: Garrett Reid died of accidental heroin overdose

Posted by Mike Florio on October 18, 2012, 12:53 PM EDT
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] AP
The sense of normalcy at Eagles training camp was shattered on the morning of August 5, when Garrett Reid was found dead in his dorm room at Lehigh University. According to 6abc.com, Northampton County District Attorney John Morganelli will announce this afternoon that the son of Eagles coach Andy Reid [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].

Garrett Reid battled addiction for years. The problem first came to light in 2007, when he admitted that he was under the influence of heroin when he crashed his Jeep. He thereafter was in and out of court, and jail, as he tried to overcome his addiction.

“I don’t want to die doing drugs,” Garrett Reid once told a judge, via 6abc.com. “I don’t want to be that kid who was the son of the head coach of the Eagles, who was spoiled and on drugs and OD’ed and just faded into oblivion.”

We continue to extend our best wishes and condolences to the Reid family, and we hope that they will find comfort, peace, and closure.

Damn shame..
Not to make light of the tragedy, but 50 more years of watching Eagles football may cause ME to take up smack..

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum