Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I've been saying this on several post

3 posters

Go down

I've been saying this on several post Empty I've been saying this on several post

Post by leejr Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:29 am

What part do you guys don't understand? We all need to realize this team in key positions is old.The one's that don't have a lot of age on them is average. How long do we think Ben can carry this team? What makes champions when you can win on the road. Hell Philly gave them a gift.Then the game has slipped pass our coaching staff. I'm sorry I hope that I'm wrong,but we can kiss post season goodbye unless drastic measures takes place ,.
leejr
leejr
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

I've been saying this on several post Empty Re: I've been saying this on several post

Post by Guest Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:53 am

leejr wrote:What part do you guys don't understand? We all need to realize this team in key positions is old.The one's that don't have a lot of age on them is average. How long do we think Ben can carry this team? What makes champions when you can win on the road. Hell Philly gave them a gift.Then the game has slipped pass our coaching staff. I'm sorry I hope that I'm wrong,but we can kiss post season goodbye unless drastic measures takes place ,.

THERES NO DRASTIC CHANGES THAT CAN BE MADE...BECAUSE IT HASNT BEEN BUILT OR DONE RITE...TEHY HAVENT TEH PLAYERS TO MAKE THOSE CHANGES...AND WONT FOR YEARS UNFORTUNATELY...TEHER IS NO TALENT ON TAHT ROSTER BEHIND TEH STARTERS...AND MANY OF THOSE STARTERS HAVE NO BUSINESS STARTING TO BEGIN WITH....ANY ANGLE YOU LOOK AT IT...TEHERS ONLY ONE MAN TO LOOK AT....TEH DRASTIC CHANGE NEEDED IS FIRING TEH COACH MID SEASON AND KLEENING HOUSE....AT TEH END OF TEH YEAR...TEHER ARE A GOOD 20 NAMES ON THAT ROSTER THAT NEED LET GO...

Back to top Go down

I've been saying this on several post Empty Re: I've been saying this on several post

Post by Guest Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:25 am

TEH DRASTIC CHANGE NEEDED IS FIRING TEH COACH MID SEASON AND KLEENING HOUSE....

SleepSleepSleepSleep[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down

Post by DaBurgh Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:40 pm

leejr wrote:What part do you guys don't understand? We all need to realize this team in key positions is old.The one's that don't have a lot of age on them is average. How long do we think Ben can carry this team? What makes champions when you can win on the road. Hell Philly gave them a gift.Then the game has slipped pass our coaching staff. I'm sorry I hope that I'm wrong,but we can kiss post season goodbye unless drastic measures takes place ,.

Old yes, but not just that. The drop off in talent between the starters, (and those players who have left in the last two years) and then those who have replaced them is SO vast. Redman and Dwyer???? Ryan Mundy, Keenan Lewis, Will Allen? These guys are special teams players on most other NFL teams. And whose fault is it that they are next on the depth chart? The coaching staff and scouts. Tomlin came in here wide-eyed with a team he had no hand in building and thought all he had to do was grab the wheel and play cheer leader on the sidelines. Watching the young guys make a minor play in a game they are losing, then celebrate like they did something huge is tolerated by Tomlin. He needs to dig in their ass and tell them, "Until you make a few pro-bowls and you have a few rings on your fingers,,,,,you get your ass back to the huddle when the play is over. NO celebrating."

This team reminds me on the Bungles, in a way. Out of control no-namers and lack of direction from the coaching staff.
DaBurgh
DaBurgh

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:54 pm

DaBurgh wrote:

Old yes, but not just that. The drop off in talent between the starters, (and those players who have left in the last two years) and then those who have replaced them is SO vast. Redman and Dwyer???? Ryan Mundy, Keenan Lewis, Will Allen? These guys are special teams players on most other NFL teams. And whose fault is it that they are next on the depth chart? The coaching staff and scouts. Tomlin came in here wide-eyed with a team he had no hand in building and thought all he had to do was grab the wheel and play cheer leader on the sidelines. Watching the young guys make a minor play in a game they are losing, then celebrate like they did something huge is tolerated by Tomlin. He needs to dig in their ass and tell them, "Until you make a few pro-bowls and you have a few rings on your fingers,,,,,you get your ass back to the huddle when the play is over. NO celebrating."

This team reminds me on the Bungles, in a way. Out of control no-namers and lack of direction from the coaching staff.

KOULDNT HAVE SAID IT BETTER MYSELF....TILL TOMLIN IS GONE AND A FOOTBALL MAN IS BROUGHT BACK...THSI IS ALL YOUR GONNA GET...TEH TEAMS PRIME IS GONE..AND HE DIDNT KEEP IT GOING...IF TEHY WOUOLD HAVE GOT MIKE SHANNAHAN THEYD BE ROLLIN'...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:10 pm

DaRKMuMMySauRuS wrote:
DaBurgh wrote:

KOULDNT HAVE SAID IT BETTER MYSELF....TILL TOMLIN IS GONE AND A FOOTBALL MAN IS BROUGHT BACK...THSI IS ALL YOUR GONNA GET...TEH TEAMS PRIME IS GONE..AND HE DIDNT KEEP IT GOING...IF TEHY WOUOLD HAVE GOT MIKE SHANNAHAN THEYD BE ROLLIN'...

Rooney's will give Tomlin some time to fix this mess but if he doesn't draft better next year we'll be in even bigger trouble. No matter what, the Rooney's will insist that heads will role with some of the assistant coaches. Offensive line coach and defensive cordinator will probably be different and maybe some others as well.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:29 pm

DiehardSteelersfan wrote:
DaRKMuMMySauRuS wrote:
DaBurgh wrote:

Rooney's will give Tomlin some time to fix this mess but if he doesn't draft better next year we'll be in even bigger trouble. No matter what, the Rooney's will insist that heads will role with some of the assistant coaches. Offensive line coach and defensive cordinator will probably be different and maybe some others as well.
I think the biggest reason Tomlin is safe for now is simply this: The Rooney's would look like fools to can him now. He was their handpicked man. To not give him a chance to rebuild would be admitting they ( the Rooney's) screwed the pooch. I doubt their ego would let them accept failure at this point. At least not without giving every opportunity to show they were correct with their choice. I agree about coaching changes. I think Lebeau is very much on the chopping block. Kruger... that remains to be seen. he's perceived as being some form of genius for being able to have a group of patchwork misfits make the playoffs. I haven't been impressed with O-line play for quite some time. The problems with those two groups is lack of production. The defense has been getting NO pressure, exposing the DB's to be very average, The O-line just gets plain man handled. It seems the never will the battle of the first steps. Which is crucial to being able to run the ball successfully. The no pressure form the defense seems to originate from the d-line. they are unable to command double teaming, allowing opponents to have free helmets to put on the LBs. Add in age and injury and you have this years defense so far. Very average on 1st & 2nd down... unable to get off the field on 3rd. Offense cannot run with any consistency, forcing the reliance on passing. that creates opportunities for the opponents defense and makes clock management tough. Until this defense can find how to stop ANYONE consistently, expect too much pressure on the offense. they will be forced to pass too much.... since they cannot run. I'm not ready to write this team off yet. But I will certainly concede they are NOT what we as Steeler fans are used to seeing. Maybe we just got spoiled with a defense that could smother the life out of an opponent.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://profootballworld.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:25 pm

DiehardSteelersfan wrote:
DaRKMuMMySauRuS wrote:
DaBurgh wrote:

WELL...IM SURE THEY WILL...BUT ITS A MISTAKE...WHAT MAKES THEM OR ANYONE ELSE THINK HES GONNA BE ABLE TO FIX IT?...HES TEH ONE WHO BROKE IT IN TEH FIRST PLACE...IT WAS ONE T HING IN TEH OLD DAYS TO HAVE A DOWN YEAR ONCE IN AWHILE CAUSE YOU KNEW TEH PLAYERS WHERE THERE IN TEH DEPTH CHART TO FIX IT AND TEH COACHING WAS SMART OR IT WAS JUST MAINLY DUE TO INJURIES....ITS KLEER THAT AINT TEH CASE WITH THIS ROSTER...AND ITS NOT JUST SPECULATION ON MY PART BECAUSE THERE HAVE BEEN SO MANY INJURYS THAT MANY OF THESE YOUNGER GUYS HAVE GOTTEN TO PLAY IN REAL GAMETIME SITUATIONS TAHT TEHY NEVER WOULD HAVE OTEHRWISE..AND TEHY HAVENT PROVED TEHY KAN FIX TEH FUTURE....NONE HAVE BEEN ABLE TO BEAT OUT TEH AGING GUYS..NONE...TEH DROP OFF IS HUGE....

AND WHAT MAKES TEHM OR ANYONE ELSE THINK HIS DRAFTS ARE SUDDENLY GOING TO BE GREAT AFTER 6 YEARS OF NOTHING?...I SAY IT WOULD TAKE AT LEAST 2 OR 3 REALLY GOOD DRAFTS IN AROW...BUT ITS JUST WISHFUL THINKING....I HONESTLY BELIEVE A MENTAL FOOTBALL MINDED COACH KOULD COME IN HERE TOMORROW AND TURN IT AROUND OVER NITE....AND I DO NOT THINK TOMLIN IS CAPABLE OF THAT....AND I THINK AT THIS POINT IN TIME WITH THSI CURRENT TEAM...TEHY NEED TO CUT OFF SOME DEAD MEAT AND FREE UP SOME MOENY AND BUY A FEW HIGH PROFILE FREE AGENTS AND DRAFT TEH BEST TEHY CAN FOR "NEEDED" PLAYERS AND NOT TEH "BEST AVAILABLE PLAYER".....AND RIDE TEH REST OF BENS GOOD YEARS OUT THIS WAY..AND TEHN REBUILD WHEN HES OLD...TAHST TEH ONLY QUICK FIX I SEE...TEHY NEED SOME FREE AGENTS AND HOPE THEY STAY HEALTHY SINCE ALL TEH CASH WILL BE SPENT ON THEM....TEHY HAVE NO DEPTH ANYHOW SO ITS A GOOD SAFE BET IN MY OPINION....TEHY KANT FIX THIS WITH ETH DRAFT..WAY TO MANY HOLES AND PROBLEMS....CANT BE DOEN WITH TEH DRAFT AT THIS POINT AT LEAST NOT IN TIME TO SAVE THIS TEAM AND BENS CAREER...ITS FREE AGENT TIME OR BUST IN MY OPINION...TEHY NEED A BLUE CHIP RUNNING BACK AND LEFT TACKLE..AND SINCE THEY HAVE SOME DECENT RECIEVERS TEHY COULD PROBABLY FOREGO NOT GETTING BEN AN ELITE RECEIVER RITE AWAY AND INSTEAD GET AN IMPACT PLAYER ON TEH DEFENSE........

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down