Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Steelers hoping to slow the penalties down

2 posters

Go down

Steelers hoping to slow the penalties down Empty Steelers hoping to slow the penalties down

Post by leejr Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:40 pm

Steelers hoping to slow record penalty pace

Oct. 9, 2012 1:53 PM ET

PITTSBURGH (AP) - The Steelers are hoping the referees keep their flags tucked inside their pockets on Thursday night when Pittsburgh visits Tennessee.

The Steelers (2-2) lead the NFL with 37 penalties for 346 yards through the first month of the season and are on pace to shatter team records in both categories. Coach Mike Tomlin says his team needs to be smarter and more disciplined, particularly on penalties that come before the ball is snapped.

Pittsburgh quarterback Ben Roethlisberger says the issue is focus, something that's difficult to replicate during practice.

The Steelers have done a decent job of spreading the flags around. There were five offensive penalties, three defensive penalties and one on special teams during last week's 16-14 win over Philadelphia. Tomlin says his team is shooting itself in the foot with the mistakes
leejr
leejr
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Steelers hoping to slow the penalties down Empty Re: Steelers hoping to slow the penalties down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:42 pm

HAHHAA..TOMLIN SAYS TEH TEAM HAS TO BE SMARTER?....HAHAHAHHAAAA....HOW KAN IT BE WHEN ITS LEADER IS A DUMB ASS WHOS TEACHING THEM TO MAKE THESE MISTAKES WITH HIS GARABGE COACHING APPROACH?...THIS HAS BEEN A THEME SINCE TOMLIN HAS BEEN HERE MOST YEARS..AND ALWAYS AT CRUCIAL POINTS...THSI SHIT DIDNT HAPPEN WHEN COWHER WAS ROUND....FEAR TEH SPIT....TAHT PUSS TOMLIN IS A GIRL SCOUT...

Back to top Go down

Steelers hoping to slow the penalties down Empty Re: Steelers hoping to slow the penalties down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:46 pm

PENALTYS ARE A REFLECTION OF TEH HEAD COACH'S STYLE..TEHER IS NO DENYING THAT...DONT GIVE ME THSI BULLSHIT TOMLIN CANT GO OUT ON TEH FIELD AND DO IT FOR THEM EXCUSE..TAHST A KROCK OF KRAP SPINJOB....TEHY ARE MESSING UP CAUSE THEY ARE NOT BEING TAUGHT PROPERLY..AND TEH PRACTICING ATMOSPHERE IS TO LACKADASKICAL....I SEE NO FIRE OR DETRMINATION IN THESE PLAYERS...EVEN IN SOME OF TEH COWHER PLAYERS CAUSE THEY PROPBABLY KNOW THEY ARE SUNK WITH WHATS GOING ON....I DONT SEE ANYONE CARING TO MUCH...ORTAKING IT ON THEIR SHOULDERS BESIDES BEN...ITS A DEADBEAT TEAM ACTING LIKE ITS DEADBEAT COACH IS LETTING THEM ACT....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:49 pm

TEH STEELERS SHOULD BE 4-0 IF TEHY HAD A REAL COACH....EVERY TEAM THEY LOST TO WAS A JUNK TEAM...AND TEH GAMES TEHY DID WIN THEY LOOKED LIKE SHIT DOING IT...AGAINST TEAMS TEHY SHOULD HAVE MAULED...

Back to top Go down

Post by leejr Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:31 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
----

PENALTYS ARE A REFLECTION OF TEH HEAD COACH'S STYLE..TEHER IS NO DENYING THAT

I say both. Coaches must teach it,and the players have to go out there and do it. I know this team isn't like that,but the way they are playing,reminds me of Al Davis. Just Win Baby. So Mummy I agree
leejr
leejr
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:21 pm

leejr wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
----

PENALTYS ARE A REFLECTION OF TEH HEAD COACH'S STYLE..TEHER IS NO DENYING THAT

I say both. Coaches must teach it,and the players have to go out there and do it. I know this team isn't like that,but the way they are playing,reminds me of Al Davis. Just Win Baby. So Mummy I agree

TEH ONLY WAY TO LOGICALLY LOOK AT IT IS..THIS TEAM DIDNT GET OLD...MIKE TOMLIN "LET" IT GET OLD....IN MY OPINION THEY HAVE NO CHOICE BUT TO PLAY LIKE THAT NOW....THEY HAVE TO TAKE CHANCES TO COMPETE CAUSE TEH TALENT AINT THERE ANYMORE BETWEEN TEH SUPERSTARS....TAHT WAS AL'S SIGNATURE....HAVE A HANDFUL OF AGING SUPERSTARS ALL CONSUMING TEH PAYROLL WITH A BUNCH OF SHITBAG SCRUBS TO FILL IN TEH HOLES BETWEEN THEM...NEVER WILL WORK..MIKE TOMLIN MUST GO...HES NOT A FOOTBALL MAN AND HAS TO MUCH POWER ON TEH TEAM THUS TEH PISS POOR DECISIONS TEHY HAVE HAD TO LIVE WITH....THIS IS ONE TIME IN TEH STEELERS HISTORY TEHY NEED TO FOREGO "STEADY AND READY" AND JUST KLEEN HOUSE....TOMLIN AND SEVERAL OTHERS ON TEH STAFF MUST GO..AN DTHAT ROSTER NEEDS GUTTED BY AT LEAST 20 SOMETHING PLAYERS TAHT DO NOTHING...BUT ARE THERE SIMPLEY FOR TEH SAKE OF HAVING TO BE THERE CAUSE TEH COACH HAS A PISS POOR EYE FOR TALENT AND A FUTURE PLAN....FOR TOMLIN IT WAS ALL ABOUT "HERE AND NOW" WITH COWHERS POWERHOUSE HE WAS GIVEN....HE NEVER THOUGH IT WOULD END OBVIOUSLY....AS HE HAS MADE NO SENSE IN HIS OFFSEASON MOVES AT ALL...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:28 pm

THIS TEAM DIDNT GET OLD...MIKE TOMLIN "LET" IT GET OLD......MIKE TOMLIN MUST GO...HES NOT A FOOTBALL MAN AND HAS TO MUCH POWER ON TEH TEAM....TOMLIN AND SEVERAL OTHERS ON TEH STAFF MUST GO.

Again, your position on this Tomlin person is ambiguous. Are you saying that you are willing to give the Super Bowl winning football god a chance?
Please expand and clarify, preferably in long rambling paragraphs that approach short-story length.
afroafro

Back to top Go down

Post by wyckedheart8 Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:50 pm

leejr wrote:Steelers hoping to slow record penalty pace

Oct. 9, 2012 1:53 PM ET

PITTSBURGH (AP) - The Steelers are hoping the referees keep their flags tucked inside their pockets on Thursday night when Pittsburgh visits Tennessee.

The Steelers (2-2) lead the NFL with 37 penalties for 346 yards through the first month of the season and are on pace to shatter team records in both categories. Coach Mike Tomlin says his team needs to be smarter and more disciplined, particularly on penalties that come before the ball is snapped.

Pittsburgh quarterback Ben Roethlisberger says the issue is focus, something that's difficult to replicate during practice.

The Steelers have done a decent job of spreading the flags around. There were five offensive penalties, three defensive penalties and one on special teams during last week's 16-14 win over Philadelphia. Tomlin says his team is shooting itself in the foot with the mistakes
Pure and simple, its discipline and strength, that's the bottom line and I know I am not telling anyone that knows the game anything new, players that lack strength and quickness are usually the ones on the O-Line that get the holding calls, the discipline usually come from the D side more the strength.
wyckedheart8
wyckedheart8
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down