Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Detroit Tigers

3 posters

Go down

Detroit Tigers Empty Detroit Tigers

Post by Guest Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:18 pm

What a fun year it has been watching the Tigers, Cabrera winning the "Tripple Crown" the pick up of Prince Fielder, Doug Fister's record breaking 9 K's in a row, and he's starting today. Verlander pitched a great game yesterday..... I hope they can keep the momentum moving forward. A win today would be huge!

Back to top Go down

Detroit Tigers Empty Re: Detroit Tigers

Post by meiden Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:33 pm

Snooker28 wrote:What a fun year it has been watching the Tigers, Cabrera winning the "Tripple Crown" the pick up of Prince Fielder, Doug Fister's record breaking 9 K's in a row, and he's starting today. Verlander pitched a great game yesterday..... I hope they can keep the momentum moving forward. A win today would be huge!

That was huge! And Jimmy Leyland didn't have his A lineup in today and they still pulled it out. Sanchez has had one bad game in his last 5 or 6. Can he keep the score down low enough for an awakening lineup? Get this one over with quickly!

meiden
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:09 am

meiden wrote:
Snooker28 wrote:What a fun year it has been watching the Tigers, Cabrera winning the "Tripple Crown" the pick up of Prince Fielder, Doug Fister's record breaking 9 K's in a row, and he's starting today. Verlander pitched a great game yesterday..... I hope they can keep the momentum moving forward. A win today would be huge!

That was huge! And Jimmy Leyland didn't have his A lineup in today and they still pulled it out. Sanchez has had one bad game in his last 5 or 6. Can he keep the score down low enough for an awakening lineup? Get this one over with quickly!

Man what a nail biter. I thought maybe Leyland was over managing a bit with all the substitutions, but as it turns out, the Tigers got the win, with a little help from the A's, (Wild pitch and Muffed catch on Cabrera's pop fly).

Is there a Tiger forum other than the forum at M-Live that you guys here go to?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:38 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:49 pm

Snooker28 wrote:
meiden wrote:

Man what a nail biter. I thought maybe Leyland was over managing a bit with all the substitutions, but as it turns out, the Tigers got the win, with a little help from the A's, (Wild pitch and Muffed catch on Cabrera's pop fly).

Is there a Tiger forum other than the forum at M-Live that you guys here go to?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ MLive has one as well as Detnews and Freep. I think the Tiger's official website does also. if you have any difficult finding them I can post the links.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:55 am

Well let's hope Detroit can close the deal tonight in Oakland and the NYvs Balt. goes the distance. That will give the Tigers a really fresh pitching staff to start the next series. A homerun or two from Cabrera may thrust him to the top of the MVP list too.........

Back to top Go down

Post by meiden Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:01 pm

Snooker28 wrote:Well let's hope Detroit can close the deal tonight in Oakland and the NYvs Balt. goes the distance. That will give the Tigers a really fresh pitching staff to start the next series. A homerun or two from Cabrera may thrust him to the top of the MVP list too.........

I hear you Snooker. Baseball is such a game of momentum and I certainly don't want to give the A's any reason to believe. Ask the Rangers how that went!

meiden
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Post by SharBar57 Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:00 am

The Tigers lost last night, and they will most likely lose tonight. Oakland seems to be on a roll now and Detroit seems to have their problems on the road. Besides that, Verlander put quite a load on his arm last time out and if they have ANY chance of winning tonight he will have to pitch well into the late innings...Keep the pitch count low as well. And, for eveyone's sake, don't use Valverde! I don't expect the "bats" will come alive as they haven't since they have been in Oakland. Yea, Sooker...it was fun while it lasted, but as always, they seem to come up a little bit short when it really counts!

Sharon

SharBar57

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:46 am

Man what a game last night. I really thought it was over when the Yanks tied it up in the bottom of the ninth. Huge win for Detroit. I watched the game with my 86 year old father. When Valverde came in with a 4 run lead he said, " I don't tink I can watch this". What an incredible finish.

Back to top Go down

Post by SharBar57 Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:47 am

[

Last edited by SharBar57 on Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:50 am; edited 1 time in total

SharBar57

Back to top Go down

Post by SharBar57 Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:50 am

Snooker28 wrote:Man what a game last night. I really thought it was over when the Yanks tied it up in the bottom of the ninth. Huge win for Detroit. I watched the game with my 86 year old father. When Valverde came in with a 4 run lead he said, " I don't tink I can watch this". What an incredible finish.

Valverde has to go! And Benoit should not be far behind. Those two have shot their wads in my opinion and I wouldn't trust them with a lead not one game more! Make Dotel the closer.

Sharon

SharBar57

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:16 pm

Unbelievable sweep! The bats are hot, starting pitching is hot, and momentum is in Detroit's favor. Let's hope Leylands secret plan for the off days coming up, keeps the Tigers sharp and focused. What a year it's been. Watching the fans, players, management and ownership after the game was refreshing to say the least.

Back to top Go down

Post by SharBar57 Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:50 pm

Snooker28 wrote:Unbelievable sweep! The bats are hot, starting pitching is hot, and momentum is in Detroit's favor. Let's hope Leylands secret plan for the off days coming up, keeps the Tigers sharp and focused. What a year it's been. Watching the fans, players, management and ownership after the game was refreshing to say the least.

What is wrong with Mr. Ilitch? Other than being older than dirt, he looks so small and frail and I know that was a wig or toupe he was wearing. Has he had cancer and chemo treatments? Does anyone know?

Sharon

SharBar57

Back to top Go down

Post by Dawildboar Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:41 am

30 days ago today the Tigers were 3 games behind the White Sox with something like 9 games to go...Who in their right mind would have predicted in 30 days the Tigers would be waiting to learn who they play in the World Series after sweeping the Yanks? Those who were calling for Leyland's head, are now offering him the keys to the city. Who needs a stinking closer...The Tigers on a rare occasion and it's another guy who's head they wanted on a platter, now they want Coke on a bobble head.

Talk about peaking at the right time, this team is doing it. I'm hoping the Cardinals win today, the Tigers don't need to sit around and get healthy, they need to strke while the iron is hot and the iron doesn't get any hotter than it is now.

A little payback for the 2006 World Series would be nice also.kingkingking

Go TIGERS!!!
Dawildboar
Dawildboar

Back to top Go down

Post by meiden Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:27 pm

Dawildboar wrote:30 days ago today the Tigers were 3 games behind the White Sox with something like 9 games to go...Who in their right mind would have predicted in 30 days the Tigers would be waiting to learn who they play in the World Series after sweeping the Yanks? Those who were calling for Leyland's head, are now offering him the keys to the city. Who needs a stinking closer...The Tigers on a rare occasion and it's another guy who's head they wanted on a platter, now they want Coke on a bobble head.

Talk about peaking at the right time, this team is doing it. I'm hoping the Cardinals win today, the Tigers don't need to sit around and get healthy, they need to strke while the iron is hot and the iron doesn't get any hotter than it is now.

A little payback for the 2006 World Series would be nice also.kingkingking

Go TIGERS!!!

I'm with you Boar. I am a little anxious about how the darn baseball gods always seem to look so favorably on the Cards but man that revenge would be sweet!

meiden
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down