Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mendenhall might suit up for Raiders game...

3 posters

Go down

Mendenhall might suit up for Raiders game... Empty Mendenhall might suit up for Raiders game...

Post by Guest Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:04 am

It seems that Tomlin is going to rush Mendenhall back because he's concerned about the running game. I still believe that it's the offensive line fault on why this team is unable to run the ball. Of course, opposing run defenses might play a big part in that as well.

Back to top Go down

Mendenhall might suit up for Raiders game... Empty Re: Mendenhall might suit up for Raiders game...

Post by leejr Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:49 am

It seems that Tomlin is going to rush Mendenhall back because he's concerned about the running game. I still believe that it's the offensive line fault on why this team is unable to run the ball. Of course, opposing run defenses might play a big part in that as well.

I read this yesteray. I agree on what you say here about the Ol. The Jets run stop D is 1 of the worst. Steelers still couldn't dominate them.
leejr
leejr
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Mendenhall might suit up for Raiders game... Empty Re: Mendenhall might suit up for Raiders game...

Post by RLON39 Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:01 am

I don't believe we need Mendy, he has poor vision and can't follow the hole. He is one of the better backs in terms of being able to create from nothing, so maybe that is why they want him back...maybe he is the best option behind an ineffectual offensive line. My opinion? Give Dwyer 20 carries and make Mendy the third down back...

RLON39
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:23 pm

He won't be back until atleast week 5

Back to top Go down

Post by RLON39 Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:54 pm

Opponents are game planning to stop our run? Um, never mind...sheeesh.

Like any defense we play against is going to have, as its primary concern, our running game. He guys, we really can't let Redman and that offensive linemen dominate us and run the ball down our throats like they usually do. Let's make Ben beat us by taking away this strength. Shocked

RLON39
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:04 am

DiehardSteelersfan wrote:It seems that Tomlin is going to rush Mendenhall back because he's concerned about the running game. I still believe that it's the offensive line fault on why this team is unable to run the ball. Of course, opposing run defenses might play a big part in that as well.

WHAT FOR?...TEH GUY SUCKS ON TWO LEGS...LET ALONE ON ONE....MENDENHALL IS A SCRUB AND HAS BEEN SINCE HE WAS DRAFTED...HE STINKS...NOTHING MORE TO SAY ABOUT IT...ITS EMBARASSING TO HAVE HIM ON TEH ROSTER..LET ALONE AS BEING TEH EBST YOU HAVE..ITS DISGRACEFUL....HE DONT NEED NEVER COME BACK...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:10 am

TASK wrote:
Dmounts wrote:He won't be back until atleast week 5

I tend to agree with this guess ... why risk blwoing it out by coming back too soon ... I'd rather him continue building it up stronger and prove he can make cuts in practice sessions first ... Redman and Dwyer need to keep fighting for more yardage .. and we need to get the ball to Rainey in open space , not in front of linebackers ... not on shovel passes off-tackle ... he needs to be used like darren sproles on the Saints .. get him the ball out in the open and let his speed work for him... so far they have failed to utilize him correctly.

TEHY FAIL ON EVERY ATTEMPT TEHY TRY AND UTILIZE ON OFFENSE..CAUSE THATS TEH PART OF TEH TEAM RUN BY TOMLIN...LEBEAU AND OTEHRES RUNS TEH REST....I MEEN RAINEY WAS TEARING SHIT UP AS TEH RETURN GUY IN PRESEON...HAHA AND WHAT?.. TEH LAST PRESEASON GAME HE RAN 2 BACK IN A ROW AND OTEH RGOOD RUN BACKS?...SO WHEN TEH FIRST REGULAR SEASON GAME BEGINS...IS RAINEY RETURNING TEH KICKS?...NOPE..HE SITTING ON TEH SIDELINES...MORE TOMLIN BRILLIANCE...TEH OFFENSE IS GARABGE...AND TAHST THAT....BEN HAS ZERO TO WORK WITH..ITS TOTALLY ONE DIMENSIONAL...AND CANNOT SUCCEED WITH ETH RUNNING BACKS THEY CURRENTLY HAVE...TEH WHOLE SEASON IS FUTILE IN MY OPINION...CANT BE DONE WITH THOSE SKANKS....ONLY MIRACLES BY BEN KOULD POSSIBLY ALLOW IT TO HAPPEN...AND YOU KANT COUNT ON THSOE L;IKE YOU CAN A 260 POUND BRUISING RUNNING BACK...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:50 pm

He will not play, but continues to progress after another full week of practice in his rehabilitation from a torn ACL.

Back to top Go down

Post by foghorn Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:54 pm

Dmounts wrote:He will not play, but continues to progress after another full week of practice in his rehabilitation from a torn ACL.
I guess the majority of these guys don't understand the value of passing a little misinformation with the truth.... to confuse an opponent as to who they should prepare for. Yea, there ain't go game planning in the NFL... they do it just like backyard style.
foghorn
foghorn
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:23 pm

foghorn wrote:
Dmounts wrote:He will not play, but continues to progress after another full week of practice in his rehabilitation from a torn ACL.
I guess the majority of these guys don't understand the value of passing a little misinformation with the truth.... to confuse an opponent as to who they should prepare for. Yea, there ain't go game planning in the NFL... they do it just like backyard style.

I don't think it would matter to the Raiders who was running the ball. They are more concerned with the passing game.

Back to top Go down

Post by foghorn Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:27 pm

DiehardSteelersfan wrote:
foghorn wrote:

I don't think it would matter to the Raiders who was running the ball. They are more concerned with the passing game.
Yes, but the talking heads have to have something to talk about.... hence the bull with Mendy. he isn't gonna play for a cpl more weeks. But they all want to talk about it. Coaching has stated he has been getting SOME contact in practice... that is to measure how he will respond to it, not to prepare him for game time.
foghorn
foghorn
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down