Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

* Day Later, Sean Lee feeling OK after hit

Go down

* Day Later, Sean Lee feeling OK after hit Empty * Day Later, Sean Lee feeling OK after hit

Post by KeithUCF Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:54 pm

IRVING, Texas -- A day after taking a peel-back hit from Seattle wide receiver Golden Tate, Cowboys linebacker Sean Lee was moving slowly but felt OK.

“Just game soreness,” Lee said. “I’ll be ready to roll.”

Cowboys LB Anthony Spencer weighs in on the defense's physicality, the crowd noise in Seattle and more.

Listen

Lee was able to return to the game after missing a handful of snaps recovering. He is not concerned with whether Tate is fined by the NFL, but he wants the officials to be consistent with the call during the season.

“They’ll deal with it,” Lee said of the league. “I’m on to the next game. I’m more worried about how we’re going to get better on defense and how we’re going to improve on the mistakes we made.”

The reactions of Lee’s teammates to Tate’s hit have come into question. Cornerback Orlando Scandrick approached Tate, who celebrated the hit by crawling on the ground and then pointing to the back of his jersey, during the delay in the game.

How would Jason Garrett want the players to react?

“It’s a tricky situation,” Garrett said. “You obviously want to compete. You want them to have each other’s back, but you also have to have poise and composure. It’s really important for us how to handle ourselves at the end of a down after a play like that. You don’t want to compound a mistake. You don’t want to add another 15-yard penalty to that. It’s a tricky situation.

"It’s a balancing act as a coach to tell them one thing and then tell them something that appears to be something opposite of that. But that’s just the reality of it. You have to defend and then defend them in the right way. We have to trust the officials to take care of their job in situations like that and we’ve got to go play the next play and defend each other within the confines of the rules between the whistles.”
KeithUCF
KeithUCF
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down