Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Arians revisited

2 posters

Go down

Arians revisited Empty Arians revisited

Post by Stampede Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:19 pm

Now that Arians is in Indy I can't understand how you guys were complaining that he always abandoned the running game......The Colts are running so much that its become a fault.....I have no problem with trying to develop some balance with the running attack but when its not working Arians refuses to back off of it.....Yesterday the Colts went into the 4th with a 14 point lead......Every series at that point went run, run, run, punt.....With Donald Brown and our offensive line thats was a formula for disaster......They were playing not to lose instead of playing to win....The Vikings tied the game up in no time.....Then Luck got one last chance and drove the field for the game winner in less than 20 seconds....Boom. boom boom game over.....My point is that you shouldn't try to force the run game if it isn't working and since Arians has been here that's all he's tried to do......Luck has been pretty darn good throwing the ball.....He's run the 2 minute drill 3 times in 2 games and produced scores every time.....If the running game isn't working but the passing game is then why keep shooting yourself in the foot trying to get the running game going?... Especially when you don't have the personnel to make it work?......I heard all your complaints about Arians but he calls way too many running plays with us....

Stampede

Back to top Go down

Arians revisited Empty Re: Arians revisited

Post by Guest Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:23 pm

Stampede wrote:Now that Arians is in Indy I can't understand how you guys were complaining that he always abandoned the running game......The Colts are running so much that its become a fault.....I have no problem with trying to develop some balance with the running attack but when its not working Arians refuses to back off of it.....Yesterday the Colts went into the 4th with a 14 point lead......Every series at that point went run, run, run, punt.....With Donald Brown and our offensive line thats was a formula for disaster......They were playing not to lose instead of playing to win....The Vikings tied the game up in no time.....Then Luck got one last chance and drove the field for the game winner in less than 20 seconds....Boom. boom boom game over.....My point is that you shouldn't try to force the run game if it isn't working and since Arians has been here that's all he's tried to do......Luck has been pretty darn good throwing the ball.....He's run the 2 minute drill 3 times in 2 games and produced scores every time.....If the running game isn't working but the passing game is then why keep shooting yourself in the foot trying to get the running game going?... Especially when you don't have the personnel to make it work?......I heard all your complaints about Arians but he calls way too many running plays with us....

There's nothing like the humiliation of being fired to change a person’s philosophy.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:00 am

Stampede wrote:Now that Arians is in Indy I can't understand how you guys were complaining that he always abandoned the running game......The Colts are running so much that its become a fault.....I have no problem with trying to develop some balance with the running attack but when its not working Arians refuses to back off of it.....Yesterday the Colts went into the 4th with a 14 point lead......Every series at that point went run, run, run, punt.....With Donald Brown and our offensive line thats was a formula for disaster......They were playing not to lose instead of playing to win....The Vikings tied the game up in no time.....Then Luck got one last chance and drove the field for the game winner in less than 20 seconds....Boom. boom boom game over.....My point is that you shouldn't try to force the run game if it isn't working and since Arians has been here that's all he's tried to do......Luck has been pretty darn good throwing the ball.....He's run the 2 minute drill 3 times in 2 games and produced scores every time.....If the running game isn't working but the passing game is then why keep shooting yourself in the foot trying to get the running game going?... Especially when you don't have the personnel to make it work?......I heard all your complaints about Arians but he calls way too many running plays with us....

WELCOME TO BRUCE ARAINS...YOULL BE RIPPIN' YOUR HAIR OUT FOR YEARS....TAHTS ALL TERH GUY KNOWS HOW TO DO IS RUN TEH SAME DUMB STUFF TAHT DONT WORK OVER AND OVER....AND AS SSON A SYOUR RUN GAME STARTS WORKING AND IT DRIVES YOU 75 YARDS TO TEH 5 YARD LINE...HE WILL STOP ND THROW 3 PASSES IN A ROW

Back to top Go down

Post by RLON39 Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:23 am

He has to run to help the rookie QB...when he had Ben, he put all his eggs into that basket, and it is damn near a miracle that Ben is still playing.

RLON39
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Stampede Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:22 am

DonnieSteelers wrote:in week #1 .. arians abandoned the run ... and the colts lost .

did you miss the colts season opener?

Its a little different when your team is down by 3 touchdowns, in that case you don't have much choice but to run the ball.....Sunday was a different story.....The passing game was working all day, and I understand that you want to run the clock to perserve the win, but when the running game isn't working and the defense is expecting it every play then all the Colts were doing was giving the Vikings a chance to get back into the game.....I'm a firm believer in sticking with whats working and not taking your foot off of the gas pedal....

Stampede

Back to top Go down

Post by Stampede Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:23 am

*The above should say you don't have much choice but to "throw" the ball when down 3 scores.

Stampede

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:50 am

ARIANS IS KNOWN FOR BEATING A DEAD HORSE...AND EXTREMELY WELL KNOWN FOR NOT ONLY LETTING TEH GAS OFF AFTER GETTING A LEAD..BUT TURNING TEH ENGINE COMPLETELY OFF AND COASTING OVER TEH FINISH LINE....BARELY...SOMETIMES NOT AT ALL...

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down