Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

*Jason Witten

2 posters

Go down

*Jason Witten Empty *Jason Witten

Post by Niss Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:47 pm

IRVING, Texas – Limited in three practices last week leading up to the season opener at the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] with a spleen injury, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] was a full go for the Cowboys in Wednesday’s practice.

“I feel good. It’s there,” Witten said. “There’s no question in that but I feel like the more and more now with practice and getting out there, I’ll get back to my normal self here this week.”

Witten had two catches for 10 yards against the Giants and two penalties. The Cowboys were unsure as to whether he would play against the Giants, and the game plan reflected it.

Witten said the soreness he felt after the Giants game was more about not doing much after lacerating his spleen on Aug.13 at Oakland than specifically related to the injury. He will continue to wear extra padding but feels like he is out of the woods.

“I guess you can never say never as far as always being 100 percent sure, but I think it’s one of those deals where you don’t know when those situations are going to come up,” Witten said. “I’ve got padding there. I’m going to do those things, but the good news is unlike an ankle or a hamstring where it can linger for weeks this is something (where) I feel good when I’m out there practicing and running around. I don’t see any setbacks that will get in the way here and (I can) go back to being the normal self, get to practice and get the stuff going for a big week this week.”
Niss
Niss

Back to top Go down

*Jason Witten Empty Re: *Jason Witten

Post by KeithUCF Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:57 pm

As a football fan, you just gotta love a guy like Witten. He goes out there week in and week out and just gives it everything he's got and you never hear a negative thing said about him. Just a real pro. The lasting image I will always have of Witten is him catching that pass, having his helmet knocked off, him staying on his feet and still running down the field without a helmet. Good to see that he is feeling better and he should have a much bigger impact this week
KeithUCF
KeithUCF
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down