Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pittsburgh-Denver game gives NBC top rating since 1996

Go down

Pittsburgh-Denver game gives NBC top rating since 1996 Empty Pittsburgh-Denver game gives NBC top rating since 1996

Post by Guest Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:11 pm

Pittsburgh-Denver game gives NBC top rating since 1996

The NFL, after record TV ratings the past two seasons, drew big Week 1 ratings.

Fox's late-afternoon game, featuring San Francisco at Green Bay, drew a 17.2 overnight rating, translating into 17.2% of households in the 56 urban TV markets measured for overnights. That is up 2% from comparable Fox NFL coverage last year, which featured a N.Y. Giants-Washington game.

Still, it's a record of sorts: That 17.2 overnight is the highest NFL Week 1 overnight ever for Fox, which has been carrying the NFL since 1994.

NBC's Pittsburgh-Denver Sunday prime time game drew an 18.0 overnight, which is up 7% from comparable NBC coverage of a Dallas-N.Y. Jets game last year. But it was noteworthy that it was the best NFL Week 1 overnight since a 20.2 for a Dallas-Chicago game on ABC in 1996 and the best NFL prime time game since NFL prime time overnight since a Denver-San Francisco game in 1997.

CBS always has only early-afternoon Week 1 regionalized NFL coverage, so it can air U.S. Open coverage in the late afternoon. CBSâ?? coverage Sunday, featuring Buffalo-N.Y. Jets, drew a 10.6 overnight, even with comparable coverage from last year.

Back to top Go down

Pittsburgh-Denver game gives NBC top rating since 1996 Empty Re: Pittsburgh-Denver game gives NBC top rating since 1996

Post by wyckedheart8 Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:39 pm

Well, we all know ( at least most know) they can thank Manning for that, and I dont mean Archie or Eli, Peyton looked pretty damn good last night for a guy that hasent played a regular season game since 2010, Denver is going to be tough this year barring any major setbacks, that means keeping Manning on his feet because without him they would be picking someplace in the middle of the pack in the 2013 NFL draft, if he stays healthy I say Denver goes at least 11-5 this year.
wyckedheart8
wyckedheart8
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Pittsburgh-Denver game gives NBC top rating since 1996 Empty Re: Pittsburgh-Denver game gives NBC top rating since 1996

Post by Guest Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:10 pm

wyckedheart8 wrote:Well, we all know ( at least most know) they can thank Manning for that, and I dont mean Archie or Eli, Peyton looked pretty damn good last night for a guy that hasent played a regular season game since 2010, Denver is going to be tough this year barring any major setbacks, that means keeping Manning on his feet because without him they would be picking someplace in the middle of the pack in the 2013 NFL draft, if he stays healthy I say Denver goes at least 11-5 this year.

11-5 my ass. That team is good enough to go undefeated. I don't see anyone in the West beating them for sure.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down