Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The vibe in the Bay Area

+3
JnC4GB
milani
duck
7 posters

Go down

The vibe in the Bay Area Empty The vibe in the Bay Area

Post by duck Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:56 am

I'm surprised at the swagger now being evidenced by the Niner media and their fans. Everyone seems to think beating the Packers is a done deal. Then again, that's typical for the Niners. Their organization and fan base are bipolar. When they are down, nobody gives a shit about them; however, when they show signs of life, everyone hops on the bandwagon and puffs them up to unrealistic proportions.

I hope the Packers are using some of this for bulletin board material.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

The vibe in the Bay Area Empty Re: The vibe in the Bay Area

Post by Guest Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:37 pm

[quote="duck"]I'm surprised at the swagger now being evidenced by the Niner media and their fans. Everyone seems to think beating the Packers is a done deal. Then again, that's typical for the Niners. Their organization and fan base are bipolar. When they are down, nobody gives a shit about them; however, when they show signs of life, everyone hops on the bandwagon and puffs them up to unrealistic proportions.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]]

I find it to be a fair assessment, Duck... It's a part of the reason I picked the 9ers to win this game. *Destroy* is hyperbolic--we can hope, anyway--but there is no denying that the strength of their team -vs- the weakness of ours is a mismatch that is bound to be exploited by the opposition... As I've said before--I'm far from sold on Newhouse as the starting LT on a team whose fortunes are built entirely on the right arm of the golden QB...

Back to top Go down

Post by milani Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:41 pm

A lot of prognosticators have penciled the 9ers in for the SB this season. You would probably know what the pulse is reading. I guess the media has that feeling that we had after the 1995 season. We needed just a few more pieces in the puzzle to take over the throne from Dallas then and we got them in 1996.

The 9ers must feel they have added those pieces and are ready to take over for the Saints, Packers, and GMEN. But if a 9-7 team can get to and win the SB then someone else can be had, too.
milani
milani
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by JnC4GB Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:58 pm

I picked the 9ers this week too, but it wouldn't surprise me to be dead wrong and the Packers shred their vaunted D. They have a good D, no question, but they also got fat stat-wise playing in a division that from top-to-bottom pretty much blows on Offense.
Should be an interesting game.
JnC4GB
JnC4GB
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:06 pm

[quote="_HD_"]
duck wrote:I'm surprised at the swagger now being evidenced by the Niner media and their fans. Everyone seems to think beating the Packers is a done deal. Then again, that's typical for the Niners. Their organization and fan base are bipolar. When they are down, nobody gives a shit about them; however, when they show signs of life, everyone hops on the bandwagon and puffs them up to unrealistic proportions.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]]

I find it to be a fair assessment, Duck... It's a part of the reason I picked the 9ers to win this game. *Destroy* is hyperbolic--we can hope, anyway--but there is no denying that the strength of their team -vs- the weakness of ours is a mismatch that is bound to be exploited by the opposition... As I've said before--I'm far from sold on Newhouse as the starting LT on a team whose fortunes are built entirely on the right arm of the golden QB...

Oh, no question the Smith-Newsome match up dramatically favors the Niners. But you picked up on the word choice "destroy" too. My point is that there is a LOT of overconfidence coming from the Niner fan base and media. You got a taste of it from the media (trust me, there's more) but what I hear that you can't is the buzz on the street. The old time Niner fans are more reserved. They're not the ones bloviating. It's the new Niner bandwagoners who just came out of the woodwork last season.

I hope the Pack brings its A game and shows the Niners they're not quite there yet. The young pups in their fan base need a slap on the nose with a rolled up newspaper.
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by duck Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:10 pm

JnC4GB wrote:I picked the 9ers this week too, but it wouldn't surprise me to be dead wrong and the Packers shred their vaunted D. They have a good D, no question, but they also got fat stat-wise playing in a division that from top-to-bottom pretty much blows on Offense.
Should be an interesting game.

Yup. The Niners ambushed everyone last year with an incredibly easy schedule.

I'm not saying they're not good... but they're not as good as everyone is giving them credit for. They still don't have what it takes to be a legit contender, IMHO, because they don't have an elite QB. They're a throwback team, winning with defense and a running game. That will only get you so far in today's version of the NFL.
duck
duck
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by RingoCStarrQB Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:41 am

Go ahead and pick the Niners.......I am going with the Pack (don't forget we have Woodson and Matthews to disrupt everything). And I am totally confident that our new starting DB is up for the challenge. Pickett is there too. Woodson will totally shut down Vernon. Our new LBs should be good for a few 3 and outs due to real NFL tackling ability (not that shit we saw last year). And the big intangible is: Walden won't be on the field.......that is a BIG plus for the Packers D.

This ain't no party.......this ain't no disco........this ain't no foolin around. This is Kickoff Weekend at Lambeau Field. If any of your guys on this board think there will be a letdown......c'mon fellas.......go get your extraction tools...........please go get your extraction tools before you suffocate. What kind of Packer fans are you anyway. Ringo 13-3

Packers 34..........Niners 20. GO PACK
RingoCStarrQB
RingoCStarrQB
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by milani Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:49 am

Walden won't be on the field.......that is a BIG plus for the Packers D.

Neither will Mike Neal and I think that is a big plus. Now that they let the bounty prisoners out of jail we should make an attempt on re-signing Hargrove if he clears waivers and cut Neal.
milani
milani
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by RingoCStarrQB Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:54 pm

Yeah.........both Walden -AND- Neal. Some believe Walden is up for the challenge when he returns. We shall see won't we. I bet Sherman is happy too.
RingoCStarrQB
RingoCStarrQB
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

The vibe in the Bay Area Empty West Coast Football fans

Post by ffaralli Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:26 pm

All this talk in SF and what Duck says about them reminds me of a quote by Howie Long when he played for the Raiders.

Some years ago they went to Buffalo, and at halftime were beating the Bills 38-0. As the Raiders ran off the field at halftime, the Bills fans pelted them with bottles and cans.

A reporter asks Long if that didn't show poor sportsmanship from the Buffalo fans. Long's quote was "these fans back East are passionate fans. They really care about their team and football. Back in California, all the fans care about is where they're going to get their quiche on Monday."

That about says it all.

FF

ffaralli

Back to top Go down

Post by MB20 Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:49 pm

ffaralli wrote:All this talk in SF and what Duck says about them reminds me of a quote by Howie Long when he played for the Raiders.

Some years ago they went to Buffalo, and at halftime were beating the Bills 38-0. As the Raiders ran off the field at halftime, the Bills fans pelted them with bottles and cans.

A reporter asks Long if that didn't show poor sportsmanship from the Buffalo fans. Long's quote was "these fans back East are passionate fans. They really care about their team and football. Back in California, all the fans care about is where they're going to get their quiche on Monday."

That about says it all.

FF

To be fair, their football fans shoot each other over preseason games out there. Their baseball fans can hold their own in a good old-fashioned gunfight, too.

MB20
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by KBen Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:14 pm

MB20 wrote:
ffaralli wrote:All this talk in SF and what Duck says about them reminds me of a quote by Howie Long when he played for the Raiders.

That about says it all.

FF

To be fair, their football fans shoot each other over preseason games out there. Their baseball fans can hold their own in a good old-fashioned gunfight, too.

fuckin Cali turds dont know how to have a good ol fashioned friendly fist fight anymore eh ?
Wink
KBen
KBen

Back to top Go down

Post by KBen Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:21 pm

milani wrote:Walden won't be on the field.......that is a BIG plus for the Packers D.

Neither will Mike Neal and I think that is a big plus. Now that they let the bounty prisoners out of jail we should make an attempt on re-signing Hargrove if he clears waivers and cut Neal.

Hargrove was cut cuz he didn't do shit when he had his chance in 4 preseason games.
Neal healthy played well and wasnt cut because of it.
With all respect, you are soooooo off kilter it would be cruel to rip on you.
Up the med dosage, you are falling behind reality again....
KBen
KBen

Back to top Go down

Post by MB20 Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:30 pm

KBen wrote:
MB20 wrote:

That about says it all.

FF

fuckin Cali turds dont know how to have a good ol fashioned friendly fist fight anymore eh ?
Wink

Holy shit, KBen- your avatar just instantly made you my favorite poster Very Happy

MB20
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down