Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

McKnight Loses 3rd Down Job To Powell

2 posters

Go down

McKnight Loses 3rd Down Job To Powell Empty McKnight Loses 3rd Down Job To Powell

Post by LRJets Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:49 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
September 5, 2012, 9:00 AM EDT

The Jets’ “ground and pound” offense will include a surprise when it comes to pounding out the remaining yards needed for a first down when the orange stick shows 3. Bilal Powell has won the job as third-down tailback over Joe McKnight, according to Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News.

I think McKnight has been playing well but what do I know? I thought the Jets would address the offensive tackle position in the off-season.
LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

McKnight Loses 3rd Down Job To Powell Empty Re: McKnight Loses 3rd Down Job To Powell

Post by IrishJets1129 Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:19 pm

Not Surprised by that I pretty much knew it was going to go that way Greene as the starter and Powell as the back up and McKnight as the 3rd back. I thought Powell did a pertty nice job in the pre-season. I think they will used McKnight more as the kick return and punter return then as a RB.
IrishJets1129
IrishJets1129
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

McKnight Loses 3rd Down Job To Powell Empty Re: McKnight Loses 3rd Down Job To Powell

Post by Guest Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:40 am

Powell deserves it. He looked good this preseason. McKnight will still be there if needed, but can concentrate on trying to lead the league in return average again

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down