Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TO and T Jack gone....

2 posters

Go down

TO and T Jack gone.... Empty TO and T Jack gone....

Post by Toddseahawks Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:31 pm

It appears to me that Pete is finally making the real deal moves. I agree on both of the moves. Wish them both well..but...it time to keep the better players. I like our chances this year! cheers
Toddseahawks
Toddseahawks
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

TO and T Jack gone.... Empty I'll be a bit more regular once the season gets underway next week.

Post by Shard Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:04 pm

Well, I think the TO release was more about the media circus and the fact that while he is an asset that has payoff potential if we have any serious reciever issues (Rice, Edwards, or Ben seriously hurt), we are really seriously deep at a position many naive NFL pundits presume a Seahawk weakness, with a stable of young players on the cusp of major breakthrough in the NFL. Pete wants to develop the youth as much as possible (on a sidenote - I see a very high draft pick or two being used on receivers next year).

TJ had to go. That was practically guaranteed in the manner in which he was installed last year. I thank him for his effort and pain, and I wish him nothing but the best, but he was always a stop-gap at best.

I really feel that we are are stacked for a deep and serious run. A bit more 1983, than 2004, (9-7, possibly 10-6, with a wildcard slot if not an outright division title, and a couple playoff games) and probably not 2005, but that may again be on the near horizon! We'll fill the probowl with alternates next year! (and probably heavily flavor it - on both sides of the ball - this year).

Now, I've just about capped off my pre-season pre-diction quota for this year, but let me step out on a limb here just a little bit on this third one and give an opinion on the season opener in arizona next weekend.

Seattle 28 - Cardinals 13

Seattle's score comes the hard way, with at least 2 defensive scores, at least 2 field goals, and >180 yards on the ground (not including kick returns).

So let it be written,

So let it be done!

farao

(oh, let me add some broader background rest of NFC west after week one: Arizona (obviously) 0-1, Fortywhiners 0-1, Rams 1-0 (surprise! congrats Sam B.!))

(edit II - ARghhhh! I must have been drunk!!! The Rams beat Detroit, in detroit! oh well, 3-4 isn't too bad.)

Last edited by Shard on Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:26 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : minor fix and divisional wrap up)
Shard
Shard

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum