Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Avril FA Coming up

Go down

Avril FA Coming up Empty Avril FA Coming up

Post by Guest Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:09 pm

Here's a contract I'd like to see for Avril. 7 yrs 100M, constructed like this. Signing bonus 20M, 1st year 1.5M, 2nd 3M, 3rd 4.5M, 4th 7.0M, 5th 10.M, 6th 13.0M, 7th 20.0M, plus 10M irf he gets 30 sacks in any three consecutive season, 5M for an All Pro selection, and 1M for each TD he scores. If they franchise him the cap hit will be about 10M this year. If they get a contract similar to what I suggest they'll have him for about 4-7M each for the first three years, and they could easily guarantee the first three years.

Back to top Go down

Avril FA Coming up Empty I like it.

Post by meiden Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:10 am

He gets some front loaded assurance of decent money and if he continues to contribute could be well rewarded on the back side.

meiden
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Avril FA Coming up Empty Avril FA Coming UP

Post by Guest Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:17 pm

I like it.

Post meiden on Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:10 am
He gets some front loaded assurance of decent money and if he continues to contribute could be well rewarded on the back side. >>> • An "exclusive" franchise player -- not free to sign with another club -- is offered a minimum of the average of the top five salaries at the player's position as of April 16, or 120 percent of the player's previous year's salary, whichever is greater. one other option to signing Avril to a long term contract is to offer him the minimum of the top five players from last season. • If the player is offered a minimum of the average of the top five salaries of last season at his position, or 120 percent of the player’s previous year’s salary, he becomes a “non-exclusive” franchise player and can negotiate with other clubs. His old club can match a new club's offer, or receive two first-round draft choices if it decides not to match. The signing period for non-exclusive franchise players to sign with new clubs is March 3 through November 9 (10th week of the season). However, my thinking is they need to either sign him to something they can readily afford or let him walk. He isn't irreplaceable, move LoJack over there, and bring back Turk McBride, he's on the market as a FA, and draft a DE like they did willie Young. Besides they can utilize Suh over there 15-20 snaps a game. Face it, Avril is not in the Allen, Peppers and Mario Williams, et al class.

Back to top Go down

Avril FA Coming up Empty Re: Avril FA Coming up

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down