Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Starks removed from PUP list

Go down

Starks removed from PUP list Empty Starks removed from PUP list

Post by Guest Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:32 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
August 14th, 2012

Mark Kaboly | Tribune Review

The Steelers are thin at left tackle, but will get a big boost today when veteran Max Starks was removed from the physically unable to perform list.

Under new CBA rules, Starks will be limited and unable to practice for three days meaning he won’t be able to practice fully until Friday when the Steelers close out camp. Starks won’t play against the Colts this weekend.

Sunday will mark seven months since Starks had the ACL repaired in his right knee. Starks injured his knee during the wild-card loss to Denver. ACL surgery typically takes 7-9 months to fully heal.

The Steelers signed Starks July 17 – a week before the start of training camp – to provide depth to a young and inexperienced offensive line that includes rookie second-round pick Mike Adams.

With Adams out for a couple of weeks with a knee injury, the Steelers shuffled Marcus Gilbert from right tackle to left tackle and inserted Ramon Foster into the starting lineup at right tackle.

The Steelers will work Starks into the mix slowly with the hopes of moving Gilbert back to right tackle for good. Starks had been working out daily with associate strength and conditioning Coach Marcel Pastoor during the first three weeks of training camp.

Back to top Go down

Starks removed from PUP list Empty Re: Starks removed from PUP list

Post by foghorn Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:28 pm

DiehardSteelersfan wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
August 14th, 2012

Mark Kaboly | Tribune Review

The Steelers are thin at left tackle, but will get a big boost today when veteran Max Starks was removed from the physically unable to perform list.

Under new CBA rules, Starks will be limited and unable to practice for three days meaning he won’t be able to practice fully until Friday when the Steelers close out camp. Starks won’t play against the Colts this weekend.

Sunday will mark seven months since Starks had the ACL repaired in his right knee. Starks injured his knee during the wild-card loss to Denver. ACL surgery typically takes 7-9 months to fully heal.

The Steelers signed Starks July 17 – a week before the start of training camp – to provide depth to a young and inexperienced offensive line that includes rookie second-round pick Mike Adams.

With Adams out for a couple of weeks with a knee injury, the Steelers shuffled Marcus Gilbert from right tackle to left tackle and inserted Ramon Foster into the starting lineup at right tackle.

The Steelers will work Starks into the mix slowly with the hopes of moving Gilbert back to right tackle for good. Starks had been working out daily with associate strength and conditioning Coach Marcel Pastoor during the first three weeks of training camp.
I think this is good news. The o-line NEEDS to work as a unit to develop the chemistry required to work together in games. The patch work job that has been going on is holding the offense BACK. Adams will, in my opinion, eventually work into the lineup. Having Max in there soon, should speed up the unit developing process. Yea, I heard all the comments about the Eagles game. BIG DEAL! It is nothing more than a practice against different bodies. Same for this coming Sunday night. That is what preseason games are about, Practice and finding which people can best fill your roster. I trust in the Steeler way. It has served us well for quite a while.
foghorn
foghorn
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:20 pm

From what I see the steelers are changing from what made them ELITE.

Back to top Go down

Post by foghorn Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:57 pm

Dmounts wrote:From what I see the steelers are changing from what made them ELITE.
It wouldn't matter if they signed 6 all pro linemen.... you'd still find something to talk down about. Your bias comes thru loud and clear here. In fact... I'm just being stupid for even replying to it. You seem to hate the Steelers and waste no opportunity to say it.
foghorn
foghorn
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:25 pm

Hate is being kind.

Back to top Go down

Post by foghorn Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:28 pm

Dmounts wrote:Hate is being kind.
LMFAO!! Nailed it didn't I? That's a difference between you & I.... I don't hate the Browns. I do root against them, however. But I respect the efforts....... as futile as they have been lately. lol! lol!
foghorn
foghorn
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:02 pm

foghorn wrote:
Dmounts wrote:Hate is being kind.
LMFAO!! Nailed it didn't I? That's a difference between you & I.... I don't hate the Browns. I do root against them, however. But I respect the efforts....... as futile as they have been lately. lol! lol!

:::Big Snickers:::

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down