Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bettis offers advice to Wallace

Go down

Bettis offers advice to Wallace Empty Bettis offers advice to Wallace

Post by leejr Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:53 am

Bettis offers some advice to Mike Wallace

August, 10, 2012
Aug 10
12:45
PM ET
By [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | ESPN.

There have been reports that Steelers wide receiver [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] isn't listening to [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. But there's another Bus trying to reach Wallace these days.

Former Steelers running back Jerome Bettis thinks Wallace can get a long-term deal if he's willing to play by the team's rules.

"I think when you go through the history of the Steelers, they do things a bit differently," Bettis told the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. "And when you look at in relationship to their stars, they still stay one way. They're firm in their resolve and the way they do things. All you have to do is go back to Hines Ward."

Bettis added, "His situation, he had a holdout before his last contract. He wanted X amount of dollars, and they were one way. At the end of the day, they told Hines he needed to come into camp before they would consummate a deal. And Hines had to come in, and he came in, and once he came in, they were able to work the deal out."

Wallace has refused to report to Steelers training camp because he's unwilling to sign his $2.7 million restricted free-agent tender. The Steelers refuse to negotiate with Wallace on a new deal until he shows up and signs his tender.

"The problem is, you know, Mike doesn't really understand the concept of how the Steelers work, and so he's got to kind of figure that out," Bettis said. "Once he figures that out and comes in, I think they'll work a deal out
leejr
leejr
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Bettis offers advice to Wallace Empty Re: Bettis offers advice to Wallace

Post by Guest Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:09 pm

I hope Wallace can get his head out of his arse, and just get with the program. In the meantime, He's missing out on valuable practice time.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:39 am

lynnaandj wrote:I hope Wallace can get his head out of his arse, and just get with the program. In the meantime, He's missing out on valuable practice time.

Ben says that the Steelers need to get Wallace signed so that's good enough for me to be convinced that he has an important role for the Steelers.

Back to top Go down

Post by leejr Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:01 am

Even though Wallace production felled below of what we know he's capable of doing,they need him,or someone like him to stretch the field. What he brings to the field is a lot of attn. That opens up ave.for the other receivers. Steelers to be successful,they will need a deep threat.If we think Ben want to continue to throw those nickel,and dime passes no way. You have to spread a D to be successful in this league
leejr
leejr
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down