Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Seahawks Draft Thoughts A-Z: The Letter "C"

2 posters

Go down

Seahawks Draft Thoughts A-Z: The Letter "C"  Empty Seahawks Draft Thoughts A-Z: The Letter "C"

Post by Shard Thu May 24, 2012 10:09 pm

Seahawks Draft Thoughts A-Z: The Letter "C"

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

...It is widely known, and oftentimes widely criticized, that Pete Carroll and John Schneider do not follow convention. They do not follow the "collective draft-nik shared consciousness of player value" when selecting and grading players. This makes people, who don't follow the regime closely extremely uncomfortable.

In Win Forever, Chapter 19, Carroll quotes Jerry Garcia of the Grateful Dead. A reporter asked Jerry, "How do you feel about being possibly the greatest rock-and-roll band of all time?"

Jerry's response was, "No, man. That's not how we think of ourselves at all. We don't want to be the best ones doing something - we want to be the only ones doing it." Pete Carroll always held onto that thought: the only ones doing it. Pete likes the idea of being the only ones doing something...

Sorry! anytime I can fit a quote containing valid NFL information and a statement from Jerry Garcia, I consider the day's efforts complete!
Shard
Shard

Back to top Go down

Seahawks Draft Thoughts A-Z: The Letter "C"  Empty Re: Seahawks Draft Thoughts A-Z: The Letter "C"

Post by Toddseahawks Thu May 24, 2012 10:23 pm

Shard wrote:Seahawks Draft Thoughts A-Z: The Letter "C"

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

...It is widely known, and oftentimes widely criticized, that Pete Carroll and John Schneider do not follow convention. They do not follow the "collective draft-nik shared consciousness of player value" when selecting and grading players. This makes people, who don't follow the regime closely extremely uncomfortable.

In Win Forever, Chapter 19, Carroll quotes Jerry Garcia of the Grateful Dead. A reporter asked Jerry, "How do you feel about being possibly the greatest rock-and-roll band of all time?"

Jerry's response was, "No, man. That's not how we think of ourselves at all. We don't want to be the best ones doing something - we want to be the only ones doing it." Pete Carroll always held onto that thought: the only ones doing it. Pete likes the idea of being the only ones doing something...

Sorry! anytime I can fit a quote containing valid NFL information and a statement from Jerry Garcia, I consider the day's efforts complete!

Agreed. And i can smoke on to that as well. LOL
Toddseahawks
Toddseahawks
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Seahawks Draft Thoughts A-Z: The Letter "C"  Empty Re: Seahawks Draft Thoughts A-Z: The Letter "C"

Post by Shard Sat May 26, 2012 12:12 am

Toddseahawks wrote:

Agreed. And i can smoke on to that as well. LOL

Nah man, its not about you smoking the smoke, its about the spirit of smoke refining your essence, releasing your inner hawk to soar above the 1.3 acre battlefield.

Beware the Raptor,

Fear the Talon!

I haven't toked since the sixties, but I can relate to the experience,...man!

afro
Shard
Shard

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down