Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jordan White, 7th round

2 posters

Go down

Jordan White, 7th round Empty Jordan White, 7th round

Post by wassejet Wed May 16, 2012 12:42 pm

WR, Western Michigan. The name just jogged my memory. I recall seeing him play in a TV game this season (or maybe the season before as a junior.) He stuck out because he was definitely the most dominant offensive player on the field. This year he caught 140 passes for almost 2000 yds (tops in NCAA.) He is not a speedster, however, he could end up being a Jericho Cotchery type receiver. Good pick for a 7th rounder.

wassejet
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Jordan White, 7th round Empty Re: Jordan White, 7th round

Post by Guest Wed May 16, 2012 3:45 pm

He definitely looks like he can help the team, much more so than last years 7th round WR. I feel better about the late round picks this year than I have in recent memory. Well, many years we didn't have too many picks. :-) But I always remember thinking of a lot of the late guys, that they didn't inspire much confidence, and most never amounted to much. Besides White, they have Ganaway, a big back who was very productive playing behind RG3, the 2 safeties who look like they can help the position (Allen was rated a 3-4th rounder most places I saw), and the other Robert Griffin, who has some bulk and can maybe help out the O line depth (although he's the least exciting prospect to me).

Back to top Go down

Post by wassejet Thu May 17, 2012 10:24 am

MrBlonde49 wrote:He definitely looks like he can help the team, much more so than last years 7th round WR. I feel better about the late round picks this year than I have in recent memory..........

I was curious to know why a guy who broke (actually shattered), most of Greg Jennings records at WMU was still available in the 7th round. Turns out he had ACL tears in both knees. Spent one year redshirted and one year extra in college on medical hardship. He's 24 years old. Nevertheless, he came back from those injuries to put up impressive numbers. The scouting report says he lacks a burst, but has everything else you'd want in a pro receiver including size (6'0", 215), hands, route running, running after the catch and toughness over the middle. Not much of a gamble using a seven pick on him. I'm excited to see what this guy can bring.

wassejet
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Post by LRJets Thu May 17, 2012 11:36 am

I'm surprised the Jets didn't really address nor make a priority of a tackle in the draft. Now this new OL coach has a touch of Rex in him declaring Wayne Hunter will stay a Jet as long as their building stands.* He (Dave Guglielmi) swears Ducasse is not bust. We shall see.

* Rex: Sanchez is our QB as long as I'm here.

Rex is on a slippery slope and especially the way the Jets leaders have fallen for Tebow. As Jets fans, suffering Jets fans, we have to hold back feelings since both QBs are good guys, and would want the best player for the position.
LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by wassejet Thu May 17, 2012 12:04 pm

LRJets wrote:I'm surprised the Jets didn't really address nor make a priority of a tackle in the draft. Now this new OL coach has a touch of Rex in him declaring Wayne Hunter will stay a Jet as long as their building stands.* He (Dave Guglielmi) swears Ducasse is not bust. We shall see.....

I believe that if you have strong players in the skill positions, then a weaknesses in the line can be overcome. We don't ask who plays RT for QB's like Manning, Brady, Rodgers and/or Favre. They have the skills to compensate. We have a new OC who is a guy who, in my mind, has a better understanding of offenses as a whole than Schottenheimer does, who I felt was a strong QB coach, but weak on other aspects of offenses. We need Sanchez to play like a top echelon QB (the reason he was drafted where he was), then it won't matter so much who plays RT.

wassejet
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 17, 2012 12:08 pm

wassejet wrote:I believe that if you have strong players in the skill positions, then a weaknesses in the line can be overcome. We don't ask who plays RT for QB's like Manning, Brady, Rodgers and/or Favre. They have the skills to compensate. We have a new OC who is a guy who, in my mind, has a better understanding of offenses as a whole than Schottenheimer does, who I felt was a strong QB coach, but weak on other aspects of offenses. We need Sanchez to play like a top echelon QB (the reason he was drafted where he was), then it won't matter so much who plays RT.

It's kind of like the chicken and the egg. If Sanchez gets hit as much as he did last season, it's almost impossible to be top echelon. I am also hopeful that the new streamlined offense will improve the protection, and that Hunter, Ducasse or someone will step up the play at RT. The coaching staff and Tanny are pretty muchbetting their jobs on this. If the same protection issues are there again, leading to another non-playoff year, Woody will likely clean house, and justifiably so. They HAVE to get this right. The season hinges on it

Back to top Go down

Post by LRJets Thu May 17, 2012 1:48 pm

I believe that if you have strong players in the skill positions, then a weaknesses in the line can be overcome.

Wass, I can agree with you ..to a point. Yes, I cannot see a Manning or Brady getting hit and being so confused as Sanchez was against the Ravens last season. You could see that in high school or even college where the skill levels can be so dramatically mis-matched.

But in the NFL or NBA, they say the difference in success as a whole can be the intangibles. You know I have used the Ravens game last season as a yardstick for a complete collapse of the Jets like I have never witnessed. Even Brady looked like a rag doll at times,a play here or there; but the Jets-Ravens game was embarrassing to watch and see the Jets lose their dignity never seen since Charley Winner was the coach.

The line was like a wet tissue.
LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by wassejet Thu May 17, 2012 5:16 pm

MrBlonde49 wrote:It's kind of like the chicken and the egg. If Sanchez gets hit as much as he did last season, it's almost impossible to be top echelon. I am also hopeful that the new streamlined offense will improve the protection, and that Hunter, Ducasse or someone will step up the play at RT. The coaching staff and Tanny are pretty muchbetting their jobs on this. If the same protection issues are there again, leading to another non-playoff year, Woody will likely clean house, and justifiably so. They HAVE to get this right. The season hinges on it

With Ryan as coach, the Jets have had one of the top defenses in the league all three years. That should count in his favor when considering whether he should be let go or not. Defense goes a long way to building a successful team and I think it's a lot harder to build a good offense as opposed to a good defense. If the defense plays well and the offense improves over last year, I can live with that even if they don't make the playoffs.

wassejet
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Post by wassejet Thu May 17, 2012 5:29 pm

LRJets wrote:....You know I have used the Ravens game last season as a yardstick for a complete collapse of the Jets like I have never witnessed. Even Brady looked like a rag doll at times,a play here or there; but the Jets-Ravens game was embarrassing to watch and see the Jets lose their dignity never seen since Charley Winner was the coach.

The line was like a wet tissue.

An embarassment like that can happen to any team. With the Jets however, the problems witnessed that day were endemic throughout the season. I thought the 45-3 loss to the Pats the prior season was much more embarassing than the Ravens game. The difference was that Jets bounced back from that debacle big time. No such rebound last year.

wassejet
Undrafted
Undrafted

Back to top Go down

Post by LRJets Thu May 17, 2012 5:35 pm

An embarassment like that can happen to any team. With the Jets however, the problems witnessed that day were endemic throughout the season. I thought the 45-3 loss to the Pats the prior season was much more embarassing than the Ravens game. The difference was that Jets bounced back from that debacle big time. No such rebound last year.

Beating the Pats after a 45-3 drubbing was great! Playoffs too!

As far as the Ravens game, we know Mangold was out, and I think the Jets would have at least looked more respectful than that debacle. What the heck happened to their top-rated OL from '09?
LRJets
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 20, 2012 6:46 pm

With all the microscopes players are diagnosed through these days, one wonders if Fred Biletnekoff would have even had a second look.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down