Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

JB on BB...

Go down

JB on BB... Empty JB on BB...

Post by diehardsteersfan Wed Aug 05, 2015 4:01 pm

Jerome Bettis talking about the skills they seen with Big Ben as a quarterback.  Reading between the lines, you can understand that Bill Cowher really never let Ben have the opportunities that Mike Tomlin has given him.  Remembering back, I seen many games where Ben was having to hand the ball off and 1st and 2nd down many times forcing Ben to throw 3rd and long many times to give them a chance.  

“We knew he was special. You could see it. He was limited in terms of his opportunities. It wasn’t even a question mark. When you have players like that, even if numbers don’t say it, you see it. Some of the passes he threw, I was like, ‘Whoa.’ I’ve been around some quarterbacks, but he’s different – like, even having the thought to throw to that particular guy. I’m glad now he’s getting the chance to showcase that.” – Jerome Bettis

diehardsteersfan
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

JB on BB... Empty Re: JB on BB...

Post by Guest Sun Aug 09, 2015 6:44 pm

diehardsteersfan wrote:Jerome Bettis talking about the skills they seen with Big Ben as a quarterback.  Reading between the lines, you can understand that Bill Cowher really never let Ben have the opportunities that Mike Tomlin has given him.  Remembering back, I seen many games where Ben was having to hand the ball off and 1st and 2nd down many times forcing Ben to throw 3rd and long many times to give them a chance.  

“We knew he was special. You could see it. He was limited in terms of his opportunities. It wasn’t even a question mark. When you have players like that, even if numbers don’t say it, you see it. Some of the passes he threw, I was like, ‘Whoa.’ I’ve been around some quarterbacks, but he’s different – like, even having the thought to throw to that particular guy. I’m glad now he’s getting the chance to showcase that.” – Jerome Bettis
I don't care for Bettis opinion on anything. Bettis pretty much said the reason why Kordell Stewart failed in Pittsburgh was because of Bill Cowher.. Never mind the fact that Stewart was and still is a terrible QB... Stewart sucked in college and I'm still trying to figure out why anybody thought he would be a good QB in the NFL. After hearing that from Bettis, I don't listen to his football opinions at all.

Back to top Go down

Post by diehardsteersfan Sun Aug 09, 2015 8:49 pm

Steely wrote:
diehardsteersfan wrote:Jerome Bettis talking about the skills they seen with Big Ben as a quarterback.  Reading between the lines, you can understand that Bill Cowher really never let Ben have the opportunities that Mike Tomlin has given him.  Remembering back, I seen many games where Ben was having to hand the ball off and 1st and 2nd down many times forcing Ben to throw 3rd and long many times to give them a chance.  

I don't care for Bettis opinion on anything. Bettis pretty much said the reason why Kordell Stewart failed in Pittsburgh was because of Bill Cowher.. Never mind the fact that Stewart was and still is a terrible QB... Stewart sucked in college and I'm still trying to figure out why anybody thought he would be a good QB in the NFL. After hearing that from Bettis, I don't listen to his football opinions at all.

I never heard Bettis saying that about Kordell.  From what I could tell and what I heard from Tomczac, Kordell Stewart didn't put enough mental preparation into the game of football.  He was always in amazing shape but he couldn't seem to read a defense.

diehardsteersfan
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 09, 2015 9:36 pm

diehardsteersfan wrote:
Steely wrote:

I never heard Bettis saying that about Kordell.  From what I could tell and what I heard from Tomczac, Kordell Stewart didn't put enough mental preparation into the game of football.  He was always in amazing shape but he couldn't seem to read a defense.
Here you go Diehard.. Read this for yourself to see how much of an idiot Bettis is.. Kordell Stewart didn't need any help in failing. He was simply an awful quarterback.. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down

Post by diehardsteersfan Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:00 pm

Steely wrote:
diehardsteersfan wrote:
Steely wrote:

Here you go Diehard.. Read this for yourself to see how much of an idiot Bettis is.. Kordell Stewart didn't need any help in failing. He was simply an awful quarterback.. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Ridiculous.  Kordell would have been probably cut by any other team after a few years of his horrible play.  If I was the coach, I would have gave him the option of playing 100% wide receiver or being cut and Bettis actually thought he was deserving of being the starting quarterback. Wow!

diehardsteersfan
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum