Celebrating mediocrity

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Celebrating mediocrity

Post by Admin on Sun Jul 12, 2015 3:17 pm

Admin wrote:
guppy wrote:
Admin wrote:Last I heard 6 is more than 4...[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]


Very true.  6 is more than 4.  I never claimed otherwise.  (Nice rings by the way.) 

I respect history.  And I recognize the accomplishments of other teams.  Including the Steelers six SB championships of course.

What I don't respect is crying, making phoney excuses, and throwing baseless accusations at other teams just because I'm disappointed that they beat my team.  That's not the way to view sports -- in my opinion.  Its distasteful and its whimpy -- in my opinion.  I don't like talking about Jerry Rice's use of stickum, or the Niners linemen using silicone on their jerseys.  I do it only as a reaction.  But I don't like doing it.  Jerry Rice was a tremendous football player.  I enjoyed watching him.  But he embarrassed himself with his momentary hypocrisy calling the Pats cheaters over some miniscule air pressure shortage in a ball, and worse, that the alleged "shortage" has not even been proven to the result of someone's deliberate action, as opposed to natural conditions.  (If you're comparing the "crimes", using stickum and silicone is MUCH worse.)  Now in 2015 there have been about a billion critical comments about Rice and the Niners, whereas last year in 2014 there were zero.  Its all unnecessary drama imo.  It didn't have to come up.  But this is the road he took himself (and the rest of us) down by being a hypocrite.     

NE lost two heartbreakers in the SB to the Giants, as the entire world knows.  I didn't, and don't, blame the refs.  I didn't, and don't, claim the Giants got "favoritism", or any other such bullshit.  I didn't, and don't, make excuses, or make up garbage to say "NE was robbed".  The Giants were simply better - twice.  They made the plays to win (Tyree, Manningham).  Lucky or not, it doesn't matter.  They MADE those plays. Bottom line, the Giants made more plays, and that's why they won.  (Even Terrell Suggs showed some class and said the same thing after the Pats beat the Ravens. "They made one more play than we did", he said.) 

That's the way it works.  When you lose, you tip your cap to the winner and hope for a better outcome in the rematch -- in my humble opinion of course.
In other words.... you don't like anyone to say anything bad about your team.... other than that you're ok?  LMFAO at your homeristic view of the world. I been a Steelers fan since BEFORE 1974. I guarantee you my team has cheated at some point in time. I don't condone it... but am realistic enough to know it goes on. YOu.... You claim that your team is above anything like that..... even when the allegations keep piling up. Dude, sorry..... but when there is smoke, there is usually fire. LOL...I'm waiting to hear the retort on this...
avatar
Admin
Admin

Posts : 1323
Join date : 2012-01-21
Location : Everywhere

http://profootballworld.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Celebrating mediocrity

Post by guppy on Sun Jul 12, 2015 9:49 pm

Admin wrote:
Admin wrote:
guppy wrote:
Admin wrote:Last I heard 6 is more than 4...[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]


Very true.  6 is more than 4.  I never claimed otherwise.  (Nice rings by the way.) 

I respect history.  And I recognize the accomplishments of other teams.  Including the Steelers six SB championships of course.

What I don't respect is crying, making phoney excuses, and throwing baseless accusations at other teams just because I'm disappointed that they beat my team.  That's not the way to view sports -- in my opinion.  Its distasteful and its whimpy -- in my opinion.  I don't like talking about Jerry Rice's use of stickum, or the Niners linemen using silicone on their jerseys.  I do it only as a reaction.  But I don't like doing it.  Jerry Rice was a tremendous football player.  I enjoyed watching him.  But he embarrassed himself with his momentary hypocrisy calling the Pats cheaters over some miniscule air pressure shortage in a ball, and worse, that the alleged "shortage" has not even been proven to the result of someone's deliberate action, as opposed to natural conditions.  (If you're comparing the "crimes", using stickum and silicone is MUCH worse.)  Now in 2015 there have been about a billion critical comments about Rice and the Niners, whereas last year in 2014 there were zero.  Its all unnecessary drama imo.  It didn't have to come up.  But this is the road he took himself (and the rest of us) down by being a hypocrite.     

NE lost two heartbreakers in the SB to the Giants, as the entire world knows.  I didn't, and don't, blame the refs.  I didn't, and don't, claim the Giants got "favoritism", or any other such bullshit.  I didn't, and don't, make excuses, or make up garbage to say "NE was robbed".  The Giants were simply better - twice.  They made the plays to win (Tyree, Manningham).  Lucky or not, it doesn't matter.  They MADE those plays. Bottom line, the Giants made more plays, and that's why they won.  (Even Terrell Suggs showed some class and said the same thing after the Pats beat the Ravens. "They made one more play than we did", he said.) 

That's the way it works.  When you lose, you tip your cap to the winner and hope for a better outcome in the rematch -- in my humble opinion of course.
In other words.... you don't like anyone to say anything bad about your team....Not the case.

  Say whatever "bad" you want, I don't care.  Just don't make stuff up that is not proven to be true.  Or, don't be a hypocrite and condemn the Patriots for violations that are not even in the same ballpark as the violations of others, but yet you have nothing to say about those others.  The "outrage" against the Patriots by you - and others like you - is in no way consistent with any "outrage" against any other teams violations.  The "outrage" against the Patriots for alleged minor violations that have no bearing on the actual game, is artificially manufactured and not genuine in my opinion.  Your phony, made-up "outrage" is for one reason, and one reason only, and it has nothing to do with the alleged violation itself (a half a psi for godsakes).  Your outrage is reserved for the Patriots, and the Patriots ONLY, because THEY WIN.

other than that you're ok?  LMFAO at your homeristic view of the world. I been a Steelers fan since BEFORE 1974. I guarantee you my team has cheated at some point in time. I don't condone it... but am realistic enough to know it goes on. YOu.... You claim that your team is above anything like that..... even when the allegations keep piling up.

"allegations keep piling up"?  LOL.  You make it sound like there are dozens.  Tell me about this big "pile", and the ones that were actually proven and penalties were imposed.   We all know "having a camera in the wrong location gate".  That one was NINE YEARS AGO.  Penalties were paid.  NEXT?  (Can't use psi gate.  Its not over yet.  We'll have to wait for the end of the process.)  So, other than the 9 year old "camera in the wrong location gate", what else is in your pile?

Dude, sorry..... but when there is smoke, there is usually fire.

That's a sorry-ass standard to judge people by imo. 
Actually, there was no fire.  But just for giggles, lets say there was.  Tell me one thing.  Who got burned by this fire?  How badly?  Draw the connection for me from the "fire" to whatever "damage" you claim was caused by that fire. 

I want to know.  Was this a big fire?  A small fire?  A fire that really didn't burn anyone?  Or a fire that threatened to burn the NFL to the ground before it was put out by somebody's heroic action?  You've got to give me some context.  How bad was it?
avatar
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Posts : 2310
Join date : 2012-11-23
Location : Massachusetts

Back to top Go down

Re: Celebrating mediocrity

Post by Admin on Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:01 am

guppy wrote:
Admin wrote:
Admin wrote:
guppy wrote:
Admin wrote:Last I heard 6 is more than 4...[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]


Very true.  6 is more than 4.  I never claimed otherwise.  (Nice rings by the way.) 

I respect history.  And I recognize the accomplishments of other teams.  Including the Steelers six SB championships of course.

What I don't respect is crying, making phoney excuses, and throwing baseless accusations at other teams just because I'm disappointed that they beat my team.  That's not the way to view sports -- in my opinion.  Its distasteful and its whimpy -- in my opinion.  I don't like talking about Jerry Rice's use of stickum, or the Niners linemen using silicone on their jerseys.  I do it only as a reaction.  But I don't like doing it.  Jerry Rice was a tremendous football player.  I enjoyed watching him.  But he embarrassed himself with his momentary hypocrisy calling the Pats cheaters over some miniscule air pressure shortage in a ball, and worse, that the alleged "shortage" has not even been proven to the result of someone's deliberate action, as opposed to natural conditions.  (If you're comparing the "crimes", using stickum and silicone is MUCH worse.)  Now in 2015 there have been about a billion critical comments about Rice and the Niners, whereas last year in 2014 there were zero.  Its all unnecessary drama imo.  It didn't have to come up.  But this is the road he took himself (and the rest of us) down by being a hypocrite.     

NE lost two heartbreakers in the SB to the Giants, as the entire world knows.  I didn't, and don't, blame the refs.  I didn't, and don't, claim the Giants got "favoritism", or any other such bullshit.  I didn't, and don't, make excuses, or make up garbage to say "NE was robbed".  The Giants were simply better - twice.  They made the plays to win (Tyree, Manningham).  Lucky or not, it doesn't matter.  They MADE those plays. Bottom line, the Giants made more plays, and that's why they won.  (Even Terrell Suggs showed some class and said the same thing after the Pats beat the Ravens. "They made one more play than we did", he said.) 

That's the way it works.  When you lose, you tip your cap to the winner and hope for a better outcome in the rematch -- in my humble opinion of course.
In other words.... you don't like anyone to say anything bad about your team....Not the case.

  Say whatever "bad" you want, I don't care.  Just don't make stuff up that is not proven to be true.  Or, don't be a hypocrite and condemn the Patriots for violations that are not even in the same ballpark as the violations of others, but yet you have nothing to say about those others.  The "outrage" against the Patriots by you - and others like you - is in no way consistent with any "outrage" against any other teams violations.  The "outrage" against the Patriots for alleged minor violations that have no bearing on the actual game, is artificially manufactured and not genuine in my opinion.  Your phony, made-up "outrage" is for one reason, and one reason only, and it has nothing to do with the alleged violation itself (a half a psi for godsakes).  Your outrage is reserved for the Patriots, and the Patriots ONLY, because THEY WIN.

other than that you're ok?  LMFAO at your homeristic view of the world. I been a Steelers fan since BEFORE 1974. I guarantee you my team has cheated at some point in time. I don't condone it... but am realistic enough to know it goes on. YOu.... You claim that your team is above anything like that..... even when the allegations keep piling up.

"allegations keep piling up"?  LOL.  You make it sound like there are dozens.  Tell me about this big "pile", and the ones that were actually proven and penalties were imposed.   We all know "having a camera in the wrong location gate".  That one was NINE YEARS AGO.  Penalties were paid.  NEXT?  (Can't use psi gate.  Its not over yet.  We'll have to wait for the end of the process.)  So, other than the 9 year old "camera in the wrong location gate", what else is in your pile?

Dude, sorry..... but when there is smoke, there is usually fire.

That's a sorry-ass standard to judge people by imo. 
Actually, there was no fire.  But just for giggles, lets say there was.  Tell me one thing.  Who got burned by this fire?  How badly?  Draw the connection for me from the "fire" to whatever "damage" you claim was caused by that fire. 

I want to know.  Was this a big fire?  A small fire?  A fire that really didn't burn anyone?  Or a fire that threatened to burn the NFL to the ground before it was put out by somebody's heroic action?  You've got to give me some context.  How bad was it?
LMAO. I can type several words and make you go into a rant!  I' stop..... next thing ya know you will have someone ban my stances because they offend you.
avatar
Admin
Admin

Posts : 1323
Join date : 2012-01-21
Location : Everywhere

http://profootballworld.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Celebrating mediocrity

Post by guppy on Tue Jul 14, 2015 1:55 pm

Admin wrote:

LMAO. I can type several words and make you go into a rant!  I' stop..... next thing ya know you will have someone ban my stances because they offend you.

Now I'm confused.  In a post by you above you said you were looking forward to my retort.  Now you are acting like you want me to shut up.  Which is it?  Do I retort or do I shut up?

Your stances definitely do not "offend" me.  However, The Truth may be a little offended by them.

Tell me something.  Tom Brady has a 15 year established track record in this league as a player, and as a person.  What conduct by him in those past 15 years would lead a reasonable person to conclude that he would order or instruct equipment guys to intentionally take air pressure out of balls after the refs approved the balls?  What conduct has he demonstrated in the past that would make you reasonably conclude that is something that he would actually do? 

Do you think he would actually risk that?  He's a smart guy.  Do you really think he would not be afraid that the equipment guys might write a book someday and out him?  Do you really think he is that stupid?  It makes no sense.

There is a 15 year track record for us to look at and examine.  There must be some past incident that you can point to, and say, "Ah ha.  See?  TB did xyz back in 20xx or whatever, therefore, it would not surprise me that in 2015 he would order equipment guys to deflate balls on the sly just before the start a championship game."  Again, it makes no sense.

15 track record.  Anything?

 
avatar
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Posts : 2310
Join date : 2012-11-23
Location : Massachusetts

Back to top Go down

Re: Celebrating mediocrity

Post by Admin on Tue Jul 14, 2015 6:29 pm

guppy wrote:
Admin wrote:

LMAO. I can type several words and make you go into a rant!  I' stop..... next thing ya know you will have someone ban my stances because they offend you.

Now I'm confused.  In a post by you above you said you were looking forward to my retort.  Now you are acting like you want me to shut up.  Which is it?  Do I retort or do I shut up?

Your stances definitely do not "offend" me.  However, The Truth may be a little offended by them.

Tell me something.  Tom Brady has a 15 year established track record in this league as a player, and as a person.  What conduct by him in those past 15 years would lead a reasonable person to conclude that he would order or instruct equipment guys to intentionally take air pressure out of balls after the refs approved the balls?  What conduct has he demonstrated in the past that would make you reasonably conclude that is something that he would actually do? 

Do you think he would actually risk that?  He's a smart guy.  Do you really think he would not be afraid that the equipment guys might write a book someday and out him?  Do you really think he is that stupid?  It makes no sense.

There is a 15 year track record for us to look at and examine.  There must be some past incident that you can point to, and say, "Ah ha.  See?  TB did xyz back in 20xx or whatever, therefore, it would not surprise me that in 2015 he would order equipment guys to deflate balls on the sly just before the start a championship game."  Again, it makes no sense.

15 track record.  Anything?

 
LMAO!!.. it isn't about Tom Brady, though YOU say it is. That's the big trouble here.... it has to be what YOU say it is. It could not possibly be what anyone else says- especially if they say Tom Terrific isn't terrific.... then you will go full blow defensive and post pages worth of what most of us would call tripe.... and expect us to accept it..... THAT"S what's funny.  HELL.... I'd give you some respect if you would have said "yea, he did it... so effin what?"   Then, I could see your point, understand your loyalty. Now... you amuse me... mildy.
avatar
Admin
Admin

Posts : 1323
Join date : 2012-01-21
Location : Everywhere

http://profootballworld.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Celebrating mediocrity

Post by guppy on Wed Jul 15, 2015 11:54 am

Admin wrote:


15 track record.  Anything?

 
LMAO!!.. it isn't about Tom Brady, though YOU say it is. That's the big trouble here.... it has to be what YOU say it is. It could not possibly be what anyone else says- especially if they say Tom Terrific isn't terrific.... then you will go full blow defensive and post pages worth of what most of us would call tripe.... and expect us to accept it..... THAT"S what's funny.  HELL.... I'd give you some respect if you would have said "yea, he did it... so effin what?"   Then, I could see your point, understand your loyalty. Now... you amuse me... mildy.


Here is some more (mild) amusement for you:

In other words, you can point to NOTHING in TB's 15 year history that would lead a reasonable person to conclude this is something he would possibly do.   So, despite no prior history of improper conduct over a 15 year period, lets just now conveniently assume he cheated this time because that will take the "Golden Boy" down a few pegs.  And we'd all like to see that, right?  We love to see people at the top fall.  It shows they're human just like the rest of us.  So we actually celebrate their fall.  (Tiger Woods come to mind?)

You call my information "tripe".  It is still valid information.  By calling it "tripe", it is simply you taking the easy way out.  Its much easier to name call and pretend you speak for the masses than deal with individual specifics. 

Goodell has made the most microscopic "probable" - but definitely not "proven" - infraction into the biggest "cheating" scandal in NFL history.  An indiscernible 0.4 psi has been put on the level of international espionage.  Why?  Because of a calculated move to undermine the Patriots because a team was not supposed to be this dominant in the salary cap era, and to deflect attention away from other much more serious issues the NFL would prefer to hide.  And if Goodell and his minions need to stain the otherwise SPOTLESS LEGACY of one of the best ambassadors in league history to do it, then so be it.  Its nothing but a smokescreen, and you, like so many, fall for it.  But the joke is on the fans of the NFL who are now polarized on one side or the other.  That's your NFL for you. 

Again, any other team, any other QB, and you could not care less about 0.4 psi.  And I dare say as well, any other team, or any other QB, and the league could not care less also.  The league has NEVER cared about a fraction of a psi in the past - ever.  This witch hunt was intended for one specific witch, and one specific witch only -- the one that has been messing up their plans for parity and a new and different winner every year. 

avatar
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Posts : 2310
Join date : 2012-11-23
Location : Massachusetts

Back to top Go down

Re: Celebrating mediocrity

Post by George1963 on Wed Jul 15, 2015 6:05 pm

This witch hunt was intended for one specific witch, and one specific witch only -- the one that has been messing up their plans for parity and a new and different winner every year. 



You really believe the NFL wanted this? That any of this plays to their advantage?
Guppy, one of their marquee franchises being caught cheating, AGAIN, in a championship game is the last thing in the world they would want.
Of all the stupid crap you've come up with, the league setting up the patriots to take them down a notch might be the stupidest.
avatar
George1963
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Posts : 1448
Join date : 2012-06-11
Age : 54
Location : Cheraw SC

Back to top Go down

Re: Celebrating mediocrity

Post by guppy on Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:09 pm

George1963 wrote:This witch hunt was intended for one specific witch, and one specific witch only -- the one that has been messing up their plans for parity and a new and different winner every year. 



You really believe the NFL wanted this? That any of this plays to their advantage?
Guppy, one of their marquee franchises being caught cheating, AGAIN, in a championship game is the last thing in the world they would want.
Of all the stupid crap you've come up with, the league setting up the patriots to take them down a notch might be the stupidest.

Does using the word "cheating" make you feel better?  They didn't "cheat" "AGAIN".  They broke a rule 9 years ago, which I call filming from the wrong location gate.  They didn't "cheat" in a game.  They broke a rule that had to do with a method of scouting.  Anyone who knows anything about what the whole issue was about knows it was pretty stupid.  They paid the price for that.  Lost a first rounder  (Could have been Jordy Nelson who was available when it would have been their turn had it not been taken away).  They didn't film anyone's practice, EVER.  But I still see people claiming it.  No doubt that's OK with you.  They're "cheaters" so therefore they spied on other people's practices.  Right?  Probably been doing for years and years.  Right?  Filming those practices is the one and only reason they ever won a superbowl.  Right?

Maybe the conspiracy theory is stupid, and I'm only throwing it out there half heartedly.  But the fact remains that during the 95 year history of the NFL, the question of whether air pressure inside a football changes during game conditions never even registered a blip on the league's radar.  In all of league history balls were inflated before kickoff, and then they simply played the games.  They did  this for 95 years generally oblivious to the fact that footballs starting at the high end (13.5) on a warm day would rise above 13.5; and equally oblivious to the fact that footballs starting at the low end (12.5) on a cold day would easily shrink below 12.5.

Now, suddenly in 2015, because
it involves the evil Patriots, them of spygate infamy, the NFL is giving the subject of air pressure an extreme degree of importance, treating any miniscule deviation below the minimum not as a the result of atmospheric conditions, but as presumptive "proof" that someone was cheating.  The league office manned by ex NY Jets kick started this whole fiasco by leaking blatantly false psi information to ESPN.  The league knew the information was false, but disgustingly let it hang out there for months so as to shape the anti-Patriot narrative.  Its pretty pathetic when even the President of the United States makes a joke about it based on the erroneous and uncorrected leak. 

The results of air pressure testing should have been deemed by Wells to be too inconclusive as "proof" of cheating.  That's what a reasonable investigator would have concluded.  Instead, after being paid millions of dollars, Wells - and hired gun Exponent of second-hand-smoke-doesn't-cause-cancer fame - massaged and tinkered and made leaps of logic and assumptions and disregarded the best recollection of referee Walt Anderson just enough to "conclude" that cheating "probably" occurred, and that TB was "probably" "generally aware" of it. 

Whew.  After taking millions in fees we can't look bad by coming up with nothing, can we?  Despite all the overreaching for conclusions, Wells found no actions or conduct attributable to TB, only "probable" general awareness of something.  Then for punishment, instead of a $25,000 fine, or a mere warning like was giving to the Vikings and Panthers for heating balls, we get what?  The largest punishment in history?  Huh?  General awareness of a puff of air is now considered as a more serious blemish on the league's so-called "integrity" than sexual assault and domestic violence committed by its players?  What the f*ck planet am I on?

Then when it comes to TB's appeal it is treated completely different than other appeals.  Although Goodell had the prerogative to keep those other appeals for himself, he declined and passed them off to a neutral arbitrator.  He didn't have to.  But he did.  Now with TB he does the opposite.  Really?  He keeps that one for himself.  Why?  And he passed off this bullshit to us that he can be "impartial" on ruling the 4 games given (cough, cough) by Troy Vincent, as if to create the pretense that he is reviewing Vincent's decision.  He did admit he "approved" Vincent's decision, but he said whoever signed the letter issuing the penalty was not relevant.  Therefore there is no question he is merely reviewing himself.  I'm sorry, but to me, that is not a "review"; that is not an "appeal".  I know its in the CBA, but that does not make it any less offensive to any notion of fair and due process imo.  The very nature of an appeal in every context that I have ever seen or read about is that the underlying decision is reviewed on appeal by a new person who did not take part or play a role in the original decision.   When the next collective bargaining negotiations come around, this farce of a provision simply cannot stand.  The union screwed up big time letting this happen.  I have no doubt it will be repealed eventually because it is a joke.

In claiming that this whole circus is about "the integrity of the game", the league has shown it has NO integrity.

Witch hunt?

Its just no fun to burn the junior varsity witches.  They don't really bother us too much.  We need to burn the biggest and baddest witches in order to bring purity back to our lives.  You know?  The ones whose evil black magic is the cause of our crops failing and our livestock dying. 

We need to burn THEM
avatar
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Posts : 2310
Join date : 2012-11-23
Location : Massachusetts

Back to top Go down

Re: Celebrating mediocrity

Post by George1963 on Thu Jul 16, 2015 8:36 am

So, just so we're clear, you do believe that the NFL wanted to defame their most successful franchise?
Why? I'd be really interested in the fantasy you come up with to explain that.
avatar
George1963
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Posts : 1448
Join date : 2012-06-11
Age : 54
Location : Cheraw SC

Back to top Go down

Re: Celebrating mediocrity

Post by George1963 on Thu Jul 16, 2015 8:54 am


Then when it comes to TB's appeal it is treated completely different than other appeals.  Although Goodell had the prerogative to keep those other appeals for himself, he declined and passed them off to a neutral arbitrator.  He didn't have to.  But he did.



You can cite four appeals he passed off. I can give you 50 he heard himself. He's taken himself out of it when there was a question about the process. There wasn't in this case.



I know its in the CBA, but that does not make it any less offensive to any notion of fair and due process imo.



This is the most laughable thing to me. Who said the CBA was fair? The players got gored on the last deal. It goes even farther back than that. To the almost absolute authority that ALL 32 OWNERS gave to the commissioner after, well you know, on matters of discipline.

Here's the thing, the NFLPA says they'll take this to a venue shopped federal court unless Brady skates. The only case I can see them making is that the 2011 CBA is illegal.
The Kraft deal.
The one that D Smith negotiated and Tom Brady agreed to.
Saying that a deal that you signed is unfair only after it bites you in the ass four years out never works.
Even a Boston judge knows that.
avatar
George1963
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Posts : 1448
Join date : 2012-06-11
Age : 54
Location : Cheraw SC

Back to top Go down

Re: Celebrating mediocrity

Post by guppy on Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:06 am

George1963 wrote:So, just so we're clear, you do believe that the NFL wanted to defame their most successful franchise?
Why? I'd be really interested in the fantasy you come up with to explain that.

So, just so we're clear, do you believe that the NFL made a Mt. Everest out of an ant hill in this unique case of air pressure (an issue that has never been on their radar before, ever), and applied "discipline" fairly and evenhandedly?  In other words, that they treated this case the exact same as they would have if it involved some team other than the Patriots (the team that has messed up their plans for parity in the cap era)?  I know we have no other cases that are truly comparable, again, because miniscule drops or rises in air pressure in a ball is nothing they ever cared about before.  So there is no "apples to apples" comparisons available. 

Therefore, we have to speculate.   So here goes, I'll speculate.  If the exact same (cough, cough) "facts" involved some franchise other than "their most successful one", this would not even be a footnote that anyone (including you) would give a half a crap about.  NO ONE WOULD CARE.  I believe that. 

I get to say that the same way you get to say that you "believe" Belichick "must have known" about this so-called "issue" of ball pressure, even though the (cough, cough) "Report" says he did not. 

If you get to grant yourself the liberty of believing something simply because that's what you want to believe despite no factual evidence to support it, then I get to exercise that same liberty too.

avatar
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Posts : 2310
Join date : 2012-11-23
Location : Massachusetts

Back to top Go down

Re: Celebrating mediocrity

Post by George1963 on Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:49 pm

guppy wrote:
George1963 wrote:So, just so we're clear, you do believe that the NFL wanted to defame their most successful franchise?
Why? I'd be really interested in the fantasy you come up with to explain that.

So, just so we're clear, do you believe that the NFL made a Mt. Everest out of an ant hill in this unique case of air pressure (an issue that has never been on their radar before, ever), and applied "discipline" fairly and evenhandedly?  In other words, that they treated this case the exact same as they would have if it involved some team other than the Patriots (the team that has messed up their plans for parity in the cap era)?  I know we have no other cases that are truly comparable, again, because miniscule drops or rises in air pressure in a ball is nothing they ever cared about before.  So there is no "apples to apples" comparisons available. 

Therefore, we have to speculate.   So here goes, I'll speculate.  If the exact same (cough, cough) "facts" involved some franchise other than "their most successful one", this would not even be a footnote that anyone (including you) would give a half a crap about.  NO ONE WOULD CARE.  I believe that. 

I get to say that the same way you get to say that you "believe" Belichick "must have known" about this so-called "issue" of ball pressure, even though the (cough, cough) "Report" says he did not. 

If you get to grant yourself the liberty of believing something simply because that's what you want to believe despite no factual evidence to support it, then I get to exercise that same liberty too.


You've been doing that since day 1. And "factual evidence"? Disabuse yourself of the idea that this is a court of law. By the COLLECTIVELY BARGAINED STANDARD, they're caught.
Kraft already conceded that. Stop being a pussy.

I'm addressing that to Brady.
avatar
George1963
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Posts : 1448
Join date : 2012-06-11
Age : 54
Location : Cheraw SC

Back to top Go down

Re: Celebrating mediocrity

Post by guppy on Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:42 pm

George1963 wrote:
Kraft already conceded that.

All Kraft did was decide it was not good business going forward to sue your own business partners......which he's right, it is not.

His decision had to due purely with what's in the best interest of the business of the Patriots franchise as one of 32 franchises doing business together, and zero to do with "copping" or "conceding" anything. 

You well know that too (whether you have the honesty to admit it or not). 

avatar
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Posts : 2310
Join date : 2012-11-23
Location : Massachusetts

Back to top Go down

Re: Celebrating mediocrity

Post by guppy on Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:11 pm

George1963 wrote:


Stop being a pussy.

I'm addressing that to Brady.

You think an ultra-competitive athlete who has risen up by virtue of his sheer willpower and determination to become a four time Superbowl Champion while owning nearly every post season record in history for a QB is a pussy?


Learn some insight from Randy Moss and grow up:

 

avatar
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Posts : 2310
Join date : 2012-11-23
Location : Massachusetts

Back to top Go down

Re: Celebrating mediocrity

Post by George1963 on Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:35 am

guppy wrote:
George1963 wrote:
Kraft already conceded that.

All Kraft did was decide it was not good business going forward to sue your own business partners......which he's right, it is not.

Bob Kraft didn't want to sue people he's in business with? You're joking, right? OK so it's not good to sue your business partners. Why is it ok for Brady to do it?


His decision had to due purely with what's in the best interest of the business of the Patriots franchise as one of 32 franchises doing business together, and zero to do with "copping" or "conceding" anything.

Sure. 

You well know that too (whether you have the honesty to admit it or not). 

avatar
George1963
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Posts : 1448
Join date : 2012-06-11
Age : 54
Location : Cheraw SC

Back to top Go down

Re: Celebrating mediocrity

Post by George1963 on Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:37 am

guppy wrote:
George1963 wrote:


Stop being a pussy.

I'm addressing that to Brady.

You think an ultra-competitive athlete who has risen up by virtue of his sheer willpower and determination to become a four time Superbowl Champion while owning nearly every post season record in history for a QB is a pussy?


Yea. From crying over not getting drafted high all the way to not taking his punishment like a man.

Pussy.




avatar
George1963
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Posts : 1448
Join date : 2012-06-11
Age : 54
Location : Cheraw SC

Back to top Go down

Re: Celebrating mediocrity

Post by guppy on Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:35 am

George1963 wrote:


Bob Kraft didn't want to sue people he's in business with? You're joking, right?

No.

OK so it's not good to sue your business partners. Why is it ok for Brady to do it?


Um, because Tom is the wronged employee, and has no business partners to answer to.
 
Kraft, on the other hand, is the employer; one who is also a member of a consortium of financially connected, similar employers with overall common interests, and thus has substantial need of "working together" and getting along with the other members for the benefit and overall well being of not only the individual consortium members, but also the consortium itself as a whole.  

Vastly different considerations depending on whose shoes you are standing in. 

................
I remember the old days.  When talk was about the actual game of football; like heated debates about who was better Brady or Manning, whether signing Randy Moss for a a 4th round pick was a good move, whether Corey Dillon would be a good Patriot, what's up with Troy Brown playing defense and Mike Vrabel playing offense, is the offense too pass happy, why can't we run the ball, can the O-Line protect the QB, etc.

Now its all about minutiae and artificially manufactured, blown out of proportion, meaningless conspiracy theories. 

Instead of saluting success, we obsess over coming up with phoney excuses for throwing mud at it, all because of pettiness and envy.  Now that's what I would call being a pussy.   

Just a shame.



avatar
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Posts : 2310
Join date : 2012-11-23
Location : Massachusetts

Back to top Go down

Re: Celebrating mediocrity

Post by guppy on Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:43 am

George1963 wrote:



From crying over not getting drafted high


That's not "crying".  That's called having a chip on your shoulder for being "slighted" -- real or imagined, makes no difference -- as a method of motivating yourself day after day, month after month, year after year. 

Its actually brilliant.  Whatever the sport, all the great ones do it in one form or another. 



[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

avatar
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Posts : 2310
Join date : 2012-11-23
Location : Massachusetts

Back to top Go down

Re: Celebrating mediocrity

Post by George1963 on Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:35 pm

Bob Kraft didn't want to sue people he's in business with? You're joking, right?

No.



Do about three seconds of research and find out how he got the team. Or sole control of the stadium. Or every damn thing he's done since the hostile takeover of his father in laws company.
Bob Kraft doesn't want to sue people he's in business with?

If you're not joking about that you're lying or ignorant.


It's what he does.
avatar
George1963
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Posts : 1448
Join date : 2012-06-11
Age : 54
Location : Cheraw SC

Back to top Go down

Re: Celebrating mediocrity

Post by George1963 on Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:50 pm

OK so it's not good to sue your business partners. Why is it ok for Brady to do it?

Um, because Tom is the wronged employee, and has no business partners to answer to.
 
Kraft, on the other hand, is the employer; one who is also a member of a consortium of financially connected, similar employers with overall common interests, and thus has substantial need of "working together" and getting along with the other members for the benefit and overall well being of not only the individual consortium members, but also the consortium itself as a whole



Does Brady do business with Kraft? Because you know if he sues the NFL he's suing Kraft, right? The fact that Kraft would be 1/32 of the defendants in the case aside, Bradys ONLY case would be to invalidate the 2011 deal. The Kraft deal. But you shouldn't sue people your in business with.
Like Kraft.
Who's involved in litigation as we speak WITH HIS SON!
But he hates lawyers.
I remember him saying that.
Why can't owners and players get together and lock the lawyers out.
Just three of us Harvard Business School grad owners and three of the college dropout player reps getting together could iron this whole thing out.
The guy lives for litigation and he rolled because he realized he HAD NO CASE!!
Brady should accept that and not let the union use him for their beef with the commissioner.


Last edited by George1963 on Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
George1963
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Posts : 1448
Join date : 2012-06-11
Age : 54
Location : Cheraw SC

Back to top Go down

Re: Celebrating mediocrity

Post by George1963 on Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:10 pm


From crying over not getting drafted high


That's not "crying".  That's called having a chip on your shoulder for being "slighted" -- real or imagined, makes no difference -- as a method of motivating yourself day after day, month after month, year after year.



We'll have to agree to disagree on this one.

Sure looks like a pussy crying to me, but what do I know?


[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
avatar
George1963
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Posts : 1448
Join date : 2012-06-11
Age : 54
Location : Cheraw SC

Back to top Go down

Re: Celebrating mediocrity

Post by guppy on Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:39 pm

George1963 wrote:


We'll have to agree to disagree on this one.


The Number One Secret to Becoming an Alpha Male:

Keeping a chip on your shoulder.

Training video just for you below.

No need to thank me.  Don't mention it.

Eye of the Tiger.   TB12's key to unparalleled long term success and victory over opponents and competitors trying to knock him off his perch at the top.

Stay hungry.  Don't lose that chip on your shoulder. 

Like Brady.


avatar
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Posts : 2310
Join date : 2012-11-23
Location : Massachusetts

Back to top Go down

Re: Celebrating mediocrity

Post by George1963 on Tue Jul 28, 2015 4:56 pm

guppy wrote:
George1963 wrote:


We'll have to agree to disagree on this one.


The Number One Secret to Becoming an Alpha Male:

Keeping a chip on your shoulder.

Training video just for you below.

No need to thank me.  Don't mention it.

Eye of the Tiger.   TB12's key to unparalleled long term success and victory over opponents and competitors trying to knock him off his perch at the top.

Stay hungry.  Don't lose that chip on your shoulder.

Never ever stop cheating. 

Like Brady.


avatar
George1963
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Posts : 1448
Join date : 2012-06-11
Age : 54
Location : Cheraw SC

Back to top Go down

Re: Celebrating mediocrity

Post by guppy on Thu Jul 30, 2015 6:33 pm

George1963 wrote:
guppy wrote:
George1963 wrote:


We'll have to agree to disagree on this one.


The Number One Secret to Becoming an Alpha Male:

Keeping a chip on your shoulder.

Training video just for you below.

No need to thank me.  Don't mention it.

Eye of the Tiger.   TB12's key to unparalleled long term success and victory over opponents and competitors trying to knock him off his perch at the top.

Stay hungry.  Don't lose that chip on your shoulder.

Never ever stop crying, whining and bellyaching. 

Like George.


avatar
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Posts : 2310
Join date : 2012-11-23
Location : Massachusetts

Back to top Go down

Re: Celebrating mediocrity

Post by George1963 on Sat Aug 01, 2015 4:13 pm

Never ever stop crying, whining and bellyaching. 

Like George.



I think you mistake laughing for crying. My dislike for the Patriots has been replaced by amusement.
Like their friday (surprise surprise) dump on their joke of an anti Wells report web site.

This whole thing isn't about what lying, cheating dbags they they are, it's about Chris Mortenson and Kelly Naqi.
Deflect much?
What a joke.
avatar
George1963
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Posts : 1448
Join date : 2012-06-11
Age : 54
Location : Cheraw SC

Back to top Go down

Re: Celebrating mediocrity

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum