Bob Kravitz does a (sort of) mea cupla on deflategate

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bob Kravitz does a (sort of) mea cupla on deflategate

Post by guppy on Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:39 pm

Sorry Bobby, but apology DENIED.



You acted as judge and jury and made it sound like the Patriots should be given the death penalty.  You called out Bob Kraft's integrity.  You called for Bill Belichick to be fired.  You said the Patriots should be disqualified from the superbowl.  You told this LIE: "The Patriots have a culture of cheating.".  At the same time, what else did you try to do?  You tried to present yourself as an impartial journalist who was just reporting the news.  Bullshit.



You played both sides of the fence you fraud.  You tried to look impartial while at the same time hating the Patriots.  You never once mentioned other QBs who openly said they doctored the ball.  You never once mentioned the Seahawks who used PEDs.  You never once questioned whether Ryan Grigson complaining about freakin ball pressure was sour grapes.  You never reported any discrepancies in the leaked information that came out in drips and contradicted earlier leaks.  And I'm sure you now have no opinion on the hypocrisy of Jerry "sticky fingers" Rice simply because he's not a Patriot.  But hey, its about that noble concept "integrity of the game", remember?  Never mind, we won't sully the reputation of the great Jerry Rice.  No, you just went full bore and created the anti-Patriots propaganda you wanted to promote, knowing other media idiots would be sucked in to fan the flames.  You tried to pass it all off as unbiased reporting.  Didn't work.



Sorry Bob, but a half-hearted mea culpa doesn't cut it with me.


Deflategate is nothing but a witch hunt born out of certain people's insecurity and jealousy, and you were at the head of the rabid mob with a torch in one hand and a pitch fork in the other.  You didn't fool me with your "independent reporter" charade.





KRAVITZ: A (sort of) mea culpa on DeflateGate


Posted: Feb 10, 2015 11:30 AM EST Updated: Feb 10, 2015 11:50 AM EST
By Bob Kravitz, WTHR Sports
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

INDIANAPOLIS -
As you can imagine, the last two-plus weeks have been pretty intense, filled with torrents of mean tweets and general hatred toward your Humble Correspondent (that would be me). New England fans are among the most vocal and spirited I've ever encountered, and I'm relatively sure I've heard from roughly 75 percent of them.
Before my mea culpa, let me get this out of the way right now:
I am not in the least bit sorry about [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], even if it's cluttered my [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and included vicious shots at me and my family. I got it from a great source. I confirmed it with another great source. I knew with 100 percent certainty that it was right, that there was an investigation into the possibility the Patriots had deflated their footballs, although, until the NFL officially confirmed the investigation the following Monday morning, I wasn't able to relax. That's part of my job, breaking the occasional story.
New England fans can take issue with the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] for having called out the Patriots on this issue; that's their prerogative. They can scream sour grapes, sore losers, whatever they choose, but the facts were immutable: I wrote there was an investigation. There WAS, and IS, an investigation. It's my job to get it right, and I got it right.
End of story.
Here, though, is where New England fans are right to be angry with me, where some media are correct in criticizing me.
I tweeted that if [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] – if 11 of 12 footballs were two pounds-per-square inch deflated below the number mandated by the NFL – then [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], specifically the one belonging to Bill Belichick.
No problem there. That's my opinion. I'm entitled to it, just as you're entitled to rip me.
In ensuing tweets and a column or two, I wrote that if owner Robert Kraft had an ounce of integrity, Belichick would be bounced immediately, draft picks should be forfeited and the Pats should be fined. What I failed to do was make it abundantly clear, “IF the Patriots are found guilty of having tampered with the footballs…'' I failed to understand, at least at the time, that each tweet, taken by itself, is an independent organism, not a part of a continuing narrative.
I thought it was implied, quite strongly, that penalties should only be levied if the Patriots were found guilty of toying with the integrity of the game, but I failed to establish that clearly in those tweets and in my columns. Thus, it appeared I was calling for Belichick's head and other penalties before any investigation was completed. Clearly (or maybe not so clearly), I would never call for [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] to get a life sentence before he got his day in court, and I did not mean to suggest that Belichick and the Patriots should be penalized before an investigation was complete. But that's the way it came out, and for that, I apologize.
I am a professional communicator, and as a professional communicator, I failed miserably there. I'm not one who blames the reader for a misunderstanding; it's incumbent upon me, as a writer or broadcaster, to use my words wisely, whether in a column or a tweet. I have to wear that one. I own that one. .
So there you go.
As far as the investigation, which still continues, let's just say it's a hodgepodge of conflicting reports. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] were significantly deflated. That has neither been confirmed nor denied officially. Ian Rapoport of [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] reported that one ball was significantly deflated and the others were near the proper air pressure or slightly below. That has neither been confirmed nor denied officially. This, ultimately, is what the Wells investigation has to determine, what it's still attempting to discover as it tries to get to the bottom of this matter. Were most of the balls deflated? One? None? And if several were deflated, how did they get that way? Who was, or who were, the responsible parties?
Everything else has been weirdness and general nonsense.
My favorite is the recent talk that the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] were part of some conspiracy to deflate the ball, or balls, in an effort to embarrass the Patriots. ESPN's Adam Schefter recently went on Boston's WEEI and said there are people around the league who believe the Colts concocted this whole thing. I don't doubt that he's telling the truth – I'm sure there are conspiracy theorists out there – but I'm not buying it that it was a massive set-up, not for a second.
Let's put it this way: If the Colts are found guilty of having tampered with the footballs in an effort to undermine the Pats, I'll be vicious in my criticism of the Colts and call for the heads of the offending parties – whether that's Jim Irsay, Ryan Grigson or Chuck Pagano…whoever. That would be even more egregious than anything the Patriots might have done.
I'll also be shocked beyond words.
What all of this shows me that even after 32 years in this business, you can always learn, always grow. I should have chosen my words more precisely, should not have assumed anything, especially while in the vortex of a major story.
That was my error.
We move on. And wait….
avatar
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Posts : 2310
Join date : 2012-11-23
Location : Massachusetts

Back to top Go down

Re: Bob Kravitz does a (sort of) mea cupla on deflategate

Post by guppy on Wed Feb 11, 2015 8:23 am

You're either a liar or a hack amateur journalist.  I think a little of both.


If your boss had any integrity he would fire YOU.

Now how about a mea culpa from your fellow hack Gregg Doyel?
avatar
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Posts : 2310
Join date : 2012-11-23
Location : Massachusetts

Back to top Go down

Re: Bob Kravitz does a (sort of) mea cupla on deflategate

Post by George1963 on Wed Feb 11, 2015 3:50 pm

guppy wrote:You're either a liar or a hack amateur journalist.  I think a little of both.


If your boss had any integrity he would fire YOU.

Now how about a mea culpa from your fellow hack Gregg Doyel?


You've officially lost it now. Did you even read the article you posted? Or anything Kravitz has written or tweeted since this broke? Or are you just going by whatever selected quotes whatever Pats-centric website you choose to get your 'facts' from decides to include?
Get a grip.
As I said before, relax, nothings gonna happen.
BB and TB have said they did nothing wrong, and they never lie.
Case closed.
avatar
George1963
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Posts : 1448
Join date : 2012-06-11
Age : 54
Location : Cheraw SC

Back to top Go down

Re: Bob Kravitz does a (sort of) mea cupla on deflategate

Post by guppy on Wed Feb 11, 2015 8:01 pm

George1963 wrote:
Case closed.



Not yet its not.  After apologies, maybe.

A-hole:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]


A-hole:

Gregg Doyel, a columnist at the Indianapolis Star, published a column saying that if found guilty, the Patriots ought to be taken out of the Super Bowl. “Here’s how it works,” Doyel said. “If you write something and it’s compelling enough, it leaves a mark. Boston went nuts over what I wrote. You know why? Because I left a mark. I’ll take that.”


avatar
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Posts : 2310
Join date : 2012-11-23
Location : Massachusetts

Back to top Go down

Re: Bob Kravitz does a (sort of) mea cupla on deflategate

Post by George1963 on Thu Feb 12, 2015 5:47 am

A-hole:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

He's an A-hole because of that? Why? Is it false?
avatar
George1963
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Posts : 1448
Join date : 2012-06-11
Age : 54
Location : Cheraw SC

Back to top Go down

Re: Bob Kravitz does a (sort of) mea cupla on deflategate

Post by guppy on Thu Feb 12, 2015 9:40 am

George1963 wrote:A-hole:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

He's an A-hole because of that? Why? Is it false?


You really need to find something new to get passionate about.

avatar
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Posts : 2310
Join date : 2012-11-23
Location : Massachusetts

Back to top Go down

Re: Bob Kravitz does a (sort of) mea cupla on deflategate

Post by George1963 on Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:20 am

guppy wrote:
George1963 wrote:A-hole:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

He's an A-hole because of that? Why? Is it false?


You really need to find something new to get passionate about.


And you really need to stop giving nonreponsive responses.
Why does that tweet demonstrate that Bob Kravitz is an a-hole?
Is it because he's saying something bad about the Patriots?
And it doesn't matter to you whether or not it's true?
"He said something about my team that I didn't like" so he's an a-hole?

You posted that McNary, Jackson, and Jackson got arrested.
You're an a-hole.
You have no right in the world to say something that has been widely reported until you show me a videotape of their bookings.
No. You have to bring them to my house and have them tell me themselves that they were arrested.
You're gonna say something like that you better have evidence.
avatar
George1963
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Posts : 1448
Join date : 2012-06-11
Age : 54
Location : Cheraw SC

Back to top Go down

Re: Bob Kravitz does a (sort of) mea cupla on deflategate

Post by guppy on Thu Feb 12, 2015 4:47 pm

George1963 wrote:
guppy wrote:
George1963 wrote:A-hole:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

He's an A-hole because of that? Why? Is it false?


You really need to find something new to get passionate about.


And you really need to stop giving nonreponsive responses.
Why does that tweet demonstrate that Bob Kravitz is an a-hole?
Is it because he's saying something bad about the Patriots?
And it doesn't matter to you whether or not it's true?
"He said something about my team that I didn't like" so he's an a-hole?

You posted that McNary, Jackson, and Jackson got arrested.
You're an a-hole.
You have no right in the world to say something that has been widely reported until you show me a videotape of their bookings.
No. You have to bring them to my house and have them tell me themselves that they were arrested.
You're gonna say something like that you better have evidence.

Now who's lost it. 

A-holeishness is a matter of opinion.  Arrests are a matter of public record.
avatar
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Posts : 2310
Join date : 2012-11-23
Location : Massachusetts

Back to top Go down

Re: Bob Kravitz does a (sort of) mea cupla on deflategate

Post by George1963 on Fri Feb 13, 2015 6:03 am

guppy wrote:
George1963 wrote:
guppy wrote:
George1963 wrote:A-hole:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

He's an A-hole because of that? Why? Is it false?


You really need to find something new to get passionate about.


And you really need to stop giving nonreponsive responses.
Why does that tweet demonstrate that Bob Kravitz is an a-hole?
Is it because he's saying something bad about the Patriots?
And it doesn't matter to you whether or not it's true?
"He said something about my team that I didn't like" so he's an a-hole?

You posted that McNary, Jackson, and Jackson got arrested.
You're an a-hole.
You have no right in the world to say something that has been widely reported until you show me a videotape of their bookings.
No. You have to bring them to my house and have them tell me themselves that they were arrested.
You're gonna say something like that you better have evidence.

Now who's lost it. 

A-holeishness is a matter of opinion.  Arrests are a matter of public record.
No. If I've learned nothing from you it's that opinions are not allowed. Have you seen that record, or are you relying on some one having told you that it exists?
avatar
George1963
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Posts : 1448
Join date : 2012-06-11
Age : 54
Location : Cheraw SC

Back to top Go down

Re: Bob Kravitz does a (sort of) mea cupla on deflategate

Post by guppy on Fri Feb 13, 2015 12:18 pm

George1963 wrote:

If I've learned nothing from you it's that opinions are not allowed.


Inaccurate.  As I (and Tom Brady too) stated previously, everyone is entitled to their opinion.  But what they are not entitled to is their own set of facts.

You are entitled to your opinion.  Bob Kravitz is entitled to his opinion.  But you gents are not entitled to your own facts.  Your opinions are necessarily shaped and constrained by the facts.  However, those facts must be the real ones, not the desired ones.

This "scandal" has not been just about the Patriots unfairly getting zero benefit of the doubt until there is at least a miniscule amount of reasonable proof.  The impulsive and breathless rush to judgment (by many, not all) has actually been much worse than that.  

Now we know how the "witches" of Salem felt.


avatar
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Posts : 2310
Join date : 2012-11-23
Location : Massachusetts

Back to top Go down

Re: Bob Kravitz does a (sort of) mea cupla on deflategate

Post by George1963 on Fri Feb 13, 2015 2:30 pm

guppy wrote:
George1963 wrote:

If I've learned nothing from you it's that opinions are not allowed.


Inaccurate.  As I (and Tom Brady too) stated previously, everyone is entitled to their opinion.  But what they are not entitled to is their own set of facts.

You are entitled to your opinion.  Bob Kravitz is entitled to his opinion.  But you gents are not entitled to your own facts.  Your opinions are necessarily shaped and constrained by the facts.  However, those facts must be the real ones, not the desired ones.

This "scandal" has not been just about the Patriots unfairly getting zero benefit of the doubt until there is at least a miniscule amount of reasonable proof.  The impulsive and breathless rush to judgment (by many, not all) has actually been much worse than that.  

Now we know how the "witches" of Salem felt.


No. The Salem witches weren't witches. The Patriots are cheats. Admitted cheats. Different deal.
avatar
George1963
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Posts : 1448
Join date : 2012-06-11
Age : 54
Location : Cheraw SC

Back to top Go down

Re: Bob Kravitz does a (sort of) mea cupla on deflategate

Post by guppy on Mon Feb 16, 2015 1:51 pm

George1963 wrote:

Now we know how the "witches" of Salem felt.

No. The Salem witches weren't witches. The Patriots are cheats. Admitted cheats. Different deal.

LMAO. 

When?  Over seven years ago because they had a camera man on the sidelines in plain view of 80,000 witnesses that was not against the RULE, but it happened to be in violation of Ray Anderson's (head of game operations) MEMO where he misquoted the actual rule in his memo?  That one?  And also, where the clear intent of the rule and the NFL By-Laws were to prohibit use of taping during THAT same game, and the Patriots NEVER used any tape during the same game it was recorded?  Oh, that big deal?  Ya, BB ignored Ray Anderson's MEMO, and went by the wording of the actual RULE.  So BB and the team was punished and made an example of because Roger saw it as an affront to his authority, and that's why he came down hard.  Roger was not going to lose a battle of egos.  Ya, we all know about that one.  That's your Spygate for you.  That's what that circus was all about.  La Di Freakin Da.  Woop De Dooo.   Most overblown story in the history of journalism.  That's been pretty much proven. 

But moving on, because that camera thing is OLD.  Everyone knows that "cheating" took place a LONG time ago.  And we all know how irrelevant it was.  We all know the Patriots win percentage has been significantly HIGHER after the sideline stopped.  LOL.  Could revenge be any more sweeter for the Pats?  I don't think so.  Too bad all the nerds living in their mother's basements won't be able to screech "They haven't won a superbowl since spygate" anymore.  Hahaha.  I feel bad for them because their minds are so limited they won't be able to come up with anything else and they are gong to disappear into their shells. 

Further,  we all know Bill Cowher said it never made a difference.  We all know Jimmy Johnson did it too.  We all know that Herm Edwards cared so little about it he waved and smiled jokingly at the cameraman.  We all know that Eric Mangini regrets he ever made the complaint in the first place.  We know all these things.  Nevertheless, the Patriots did apologize.  And the apologies were accepted at the owners meeting.  So we know that within the league its been a dead matter for quite a long time now.

Who said, "Winning isn't everything.  Its the only thing."  Oh ya, it was that guy with his name on the trophy.   

Sooooooo, putting that overblown camera circus aside, what else is there?   There must be a lot of instances where they were found to have "cheated".  Funny though, I can't think of one.  I even Googled it. 

Nothing.  

The only thing that came up was the previously discussed phony camera-on-the-sidelines-in-violation-of-a-Ray Anderson-memo-that-misquoted-the-actual-Rule thing.  (Hint for the uninformed:  The memo mentioned "prohibited on the sidelines", whereas the Rule contained no such language about "the sidelines", and in fact, the word, "sidelines" is not found anywhere in the Rule.)

So I guess, by your definition that they ignored Ray Anderson's memo seven years ago, that makes them "cheats".  I'll give you  that.  However, that's all you got.  That's your ENTIRE foundation of your "The Patriots are cheats".     

Sorry pal.  There simply aint no more. 

You certainly are the righteous one though, riding on your high horse.  Hanging on to hate (translation:  frustration over multiple ass kickings of your team) that is far older, and far less relevant, than your own team's more recent disgusting, nauseating actions of tanking of an entire season in order to get the draft choice it wanted.  LMAO.  Pot/kettle?

However, if you want to talk about something more recent, like so-called "deflategate", I've got news for you.  It is far, far more probable that the investigation will find that it was the Colts who tampered with the ball Jackson intercepted in order to frame the Pats, than it is that it will find that the Pats did anything wrong intentionally.  

I don't want you to be shocked.  So get ready for the Indianapolis Cheats, due to their underhanded and criminal attempt to soil the name of the honorable 2015 Superbowl Champions, to be ordered to forfeit some draft picks to said 2015 Superbowl Champions. 



avatar
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Posts : 2310
Join date : 2012-11-23
Location : Massachusetts

Back to top Go down

Re: Bob Kravitz does a (sort of) mea cupla on deflategate

Post by George1963 on Mon Feb 16, 2015 5:01 pm

But moving on, because that camera thing is OLD.  Everyone knows that "cheating" took place a LONG time ago.  And we all know how irrelevant it was.  We all know the Patriots win percentage has been significantly HIGHER after the sideline stopped.



As I pointed out, only at home. Their w/l is actually worse on the road since '07. Does that mean anything to you? Anything at all?

I've also pointed out that their playoff w/l against teams they'd already played that season was significantly LOWER since 2007 than it was prior.  Anything?


Last edited by George1963 on Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:33 am; edited 1 time in total
avatar
George1963
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Posts : 1448
Join date : 2012-06-11
Age : 54
Location : Cheraw SC

Back to top Go down

Re: Bob Kravitz does a (sort of) mea cupla on deflategate

Post by George1963 on Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:48 pm

George1963 wrote:But moving on, because that camera thing is OLD.  Everyone knows that "cheating" took place a LONG time ago.  And we all know how irrelevant it was.  We all know the Patriots win percentage has been significantly HIGHER after the sideline stopped.



As I pointed out, only at home. Their w/l is actually worse on the road since '07. Does that mean anything to you? Anything at all?



However, if you want to talk about something more recent, like so-called "deflategate", I've got news for you.  It is far, far more probable that the investigation will find that it was the Colts who tampered with the ball Jackson intercepted in order to frame the Pats, than it is that it will find that the Pats did anything wrong intentionally. 



You're outta your mind. Really. You'll just grasp at anything at this point, won't you. Including possibly the stupidest bit of speculation to come out of it. And it is the speculation of a Patriots blogger who wrote about Rappaports story. Not from the story itself. In case you didn't know.




(Hint for the uninformed:  The memo mentioned "prohibited on the sidelines", whereas the Rule contained no such language about "the sidelines", and in fact, the word, "sidelines" is not found anywhere in the Rule.)

This is new. What brain surgeon came up with this? Because the sideline is mentioned. Specifically. Both in the 2007 policy manual and in the NFL Constitution and Bylaws.




When?  Over seven years ago because they had a camera man on the sidelines in plain view of 80,000 witnesses that was not against the RULE, but it happened to be in violation of Ray Anderson's (head of game operations) MEMO where he misquoted the actual rule in his memo?  That one?  And also, where the clear intent of the rule and the NFL By-Laws were to prohibit use of taping during THAT same game, and the Patriots NEVER used any tape during the same game it was recorded?  Oh, that big deal?  Ya, BB ignored Ray Anderson's MEMO, and went by the wording of the actual RULE.  So BB and the team was punished and made an example of because Roger saw it as an affront to his authority, and that's why he came down hard.  Roger was not going to lose a battle of egos.  Ya, we all know about that one.  That's your Spygate for you.  That's what that circus was all about.  La Di Freakin Da.  Woop De Dooo.   Most overblown story in the history of journalism.  That's been pretty much proven.



There's a lot I could say about this, including that it's 90% bullshit, (The rules say nothing about actual use during that same game. Not a word. Just the possibility of use) but I'll just say that the people who believe any of it are in a small minority, and you wishing that wasn't the case won't change it.
avatar
George1963
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Posts : 1448
Join date : 2012-06-11
Age : 54
Location : Cheraw SC

Back to top Go down

Re: Bob Kravitz does a (sort of) mea cupla on deflategate

Post by guppy on Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:10 am

George1963 wrote:But moving on, because that camera thing is OLD.  Everyone knows that "cheating" took place a LONG time ago.  And we all know how irrelevant it was.  We all know the Patriots win percentage has been significantly HIGHER after the sideline stopped.



As I pointed out, only at home. Their w/l is actually worse on the road since '07. Does that mean anything to you? Anything at all?


Um, that they're REALLY good at home?  That when they rally around each other and say, "This is OUR HOUSE, protect OUR HOUSE" that they really mean it, and really get psyched up for that, and they're really good at doing it.  And when they go on the road, not as good.  Or, maybe because when they go on the road they don't have that big TV screen outside the stadium at CBS Scene to see replays on from their sidelines (sarcasm).  But whether home or on the road, after 16 games we're still talking double digit wins every year, so we clearly win enough on the road, and we'll take it. 


I've also pointed out that their playoff w/l against teams they'd already played that season was significantly LOWER since 2007 than it was prior.  Anything?

Nothing that any reasonable, objective person can point to and say, "Ah haaaaaa.   This is the reason......"  They've come up short in the playoffs a few times in the 10 years between championships, probably taking teams they've already beaten too much for granted.  Also, the Giants coming up big twice against them hurts big time their W/L playoff record since '07, and that's the biggest reason right there.  And the teams that come in to play them in the playoffs really, really come to play, because playing the Patriots is their superbowl.  Then after spending all that energy to upset the Patriots, those teams usually fail the following week due to a letdown and the fact that they're still high off beating the Pats, and can't duplicate that huge effort in the next game (Jets). 

No real conclusions to draw from the playoff w/l record against teams they already played that season, other than they've chocked a couple of times against Baltimore, and once against the Jets, as well as those pesky Giants.  Those were all very disappointing losses that, on paper, imo should not have happened.  But that's why they play the games.  Kudos to the winners.  Peaks and valleys.  You can't win em all.  Hey, the lowly Celtics actually beat the Best-In-The-East Atlanta Hawks the other day.  Explanation?  Its sports.  People make helmet circus catches.  People drop passes that hit them in the hands that would have preserved possession and a superbowl win, but didn't happen.  People make one-in-a-million catches on their backs after bobbling the ball multiple times to set up first and goals.  Rookies make interceptions at the goal line to stunningly take possession away and secure a victory. 

Championships can be achieved by a QB drafted in the 6th round, throwing to a receiver drafted in the 7th round as a QB who was converted to receiver.  And the team can also benefit from key defensive plays made by a rookie who was not drafted in any round but thrown into the fire in the biggest stage in sports when the guy ahead of him on the depth chart was not getting the job done.  Amazing when you think about it.  Stuff happens.

As the majority of Pats fans in general did after getting their hearts ripped out by amazing efforts put forth by the NY Giants - twice -  we tipped our caps and gave due credit to winner.  We did not whine and look for imaginary conspiracies to blame those devastating losses on.   After losing those heartbreakers the team looked internally for the blame - not outward and started crying that they were somehow unfairly screwed.  We're more into sportsmanship than being sore losers and dreaming up wacky conspiracies.   



         

avatar
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Posts : 2310
Join date : 2012-11-23
Location : Massachusetts

Back to top Go down

Re: Bob Kravitz does a (sort of) mea cupla on deflategate

Post by guppy on Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:17 am

George1963 wrote:


(Hint for the uninformed:  The memo mentioned "prohibited on the sidelines", whereas the Rule contained no such language about "the sidelines", and in fact, the word, "sidelines" is not found anywhere in the Rule.)

This is new. What brain surgeon came up with this? Because the sideline is mentioned. Specifically. Both in the 2007 policy manual and in the NFL Constitution and Bylaws.


It doesn't take a brain surgeon to see whether a word is present in a rule or not, and whether that word is present in a memo referring to that rule, or not.  You just look at the words. 

In any case, the memo ruled the day, and the rest is history.

avatar
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Posts : 2310
Join date : 2012-11-23
Location : Massachusetts

Back to top Go down

Re: Bob Kravitz does a (sort of) mea cupla on deflategate

Post by George1963 on Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:04 pm

guppy wrote:
George1963 wrote:


(Hint for the uninformed:  The memo mentioned "prohibited on the sidelines", whereas the Rule contained no such language about "the sidelines", and in fact, the word, "sidelines" is not found anywhere in the Rule.)

This is new. What brain surgeon came up with this? Because the sideline is mentioned. Specifically. Both in the 2007 policy manual and in the NFL Constitution and Bylaws.


It doesn't take a brain surgeon to see whether a word is present in a rule or not, and whether that word is present in a memo referring to that rule, or not.  You just look at the words. 

In any case, the memo ruled the day, and the rest is history.


Someone said "You can have your own opinion, but you can't have your own facts.". You're wrong Guppy. Like you are about a lot of things when it comes to this. I don't think you make it up, but I think you read something and if it bolsters your case, you accept it as fact without ever try to find out if it is. Which this isn't.
"Sideline" is in the rule The memo before the Jets game was just reminding people of the rule. Because apparently the Sep 2006 memo wasn't enough. Because one team, the team the earlier memo was aimed at, chose to ignore it.
THE RULE, that is.
What you don't know, are ill informed about, or chose to ignore about the Patriots could fill a book. It does, as a matter of fact. A couple of them.




Consitution and Bylaws of the National Football League

Article IX

Prohibited Conduct
Conflicting Interests and Prohibited Conduct

(C)
No member nor any stockholder, director, officer, partner, or employee thereof,
or person holding an interest therein, nor any officer or employee of the League shall:
(14)
Use at any time, from the start to the finish of any game in which a club is a
participant, any communications or information gathering equipment,other than
Polaroid-type cameras or field telephones, including without limitation
videotape machines, telephone tapping or bugging devices, or any other
form of electronic device that might aid a team during the playing of a game.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]



NFL’s Policy Manual for Member Clubs Volume II 2007 Edition


Page A105

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
avatar
George1963
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Posts : 1448
Join date : 2012-06-11
Age : 54
Location : Cheraw SC

Back to top Go down

Re: Bob Kravitz does a (sort of) mea cupla on deflategate

Post by guppy on Tue Feb 17, 2015 3:02 pm

George1963 wrote:


NFL’s Policy Manual for Member Clubs Volume II 2007 Edition




Page A105

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]


Right goofball, Page A105:

"V.   Miscellaneous Rules and Regulations

A.   No video recording devices of any kind are permitted to be in use in the coaches' booth, on the field, or in the locker room during the game."



I looked but I don't see the word "sidelines" there.  Oh well.  Spygate = much ado about nothing.

It will never happen, but if only you would work up the same manufactured outrage over:

Jerry Rice/Joe Montana, and "stickum-gate",
or the Giants faking injuries in the 2013 playoff,
or the 2011 Redskins front loading contracts which resulted in them being docked cap space,
or 2010 the Jets conditioning coach Sal Alosi trying sticking his leg out from the sideline trying to trip Dolphin Nolan Carroll on a full tilt sprint down the field,
or Mike Tomlin stepping on to the field to change the running path of Jacoby Jones in 2013,
or the Denver Broncos who illegally moved $29 Million off their salary caps with the contracts of John Elway, Terrell Davis and others during their Superbowl years,
or the Seahawks being fined in 2012 and 2014 for violations of the practice rules giving themselves more contact practice time than allowed to other teams in the league,
or the Raiders and the Broncos covering themselves in vaseline to give them an advantage over their opponent, 
or the "great" Don Shula who cost Miami a first round draft pick due to being guilty of tampering for negotiating with the Dolphins while he was still head coach of the Baltimore Colts? 

Outraged over any of these things, just to name a few? 
Didn't think so.  
Does it bother you that your owner got behind the wheel while on drugs with a big bundle of cash in a bag in his care (wonder what that was for?)?  He could have killed someone.  Big deal for you?  Naw.  What if Bob Kraft did that?  Oh, we would surely hear from you alright.  If that was Kraft you would be front and center with the handcuffs and the keys to the isolation wing at Walpole Correctional.

None of these things bring out near the amount of condemnation for you that placing a camera on the sideline in plain view does.  Just like all haters, your outrage is quite selective.  "Selective" here means, "Reserved For Patriots Only". 

Hell, look at this most recent witch hunt of a delfategate fiasco.  It has proven that you care far more about the Patriots being accused of cheating, than other teams actually cheating. 

Lets face real facts.  These are the "facts" that lie at the heart of you're being "Still Irked" in the present day by something that most truly knowledgeable football people have long ago put to rest, something that was not really of much significance to begin with:

2010 reg season:  31-28
2011 reg season:  31-24
2012 reg season:  59-24
2014 post season:  43-22
2014 reg season:   42-20
2015 post season:  45-7

Last six meetings:  Patriots 6 wins, Colts 0 wins
Total points:  Patriots 251, Colts 125.

These are the REAL facts that make you obsess over Article IX of the NFL Constitution and By-laws, which no matter what you say, is clearly, by its own words, intended to make the recording illegal for use during that SAME GAME, something which Belichick never did, which was later corroborated by Goodell. 

So ya, I guess in the past the Patriots were guilty of jaywalking.  Absolutely.  Did the crime.  Did the time.  But rest assured, nothing you or your fellow "Still Irked" phonies say can turn a very old Jaywalking walking conviction into a present day First Degree Murder conviction.   Truthfully, y'all look really silly clinging on so desperately and so hard to your manufactured hatred.


You know, as I'm typing and finishing up here, I realize I'm the real sucker here.  I  have allowed myself to be dragged down into the spygate gutter by you.  You have successfully baited me into even discussing this stupid subject.   What's next, discussing secret microphones in shoulder pads?  I won't do it.  I must be nuts.  No, I am nuts.  Why do I even take the time to respond to this ridiculous garbage? 

The Patriots just won the Superbowl fer crissake.  The same legendary coach and legendary QB could walk into the Hall of Fame RIGHT NOW if they both hung it up right now.  Their amazing run has had some bumps in the road, but overall, it has been absolutely historic.  Best of all, they are not done yet.  They will be back again next year.  The pride the fans feel is off the charts.  Rightly so.  In no way does your "they are cheats" nonsense have any negative affect whatsoever.  To me its merely the stuff of spoiled children who throw tantrums when they don't get what their way.   Somebody call a wambulance and order a case of tissues. 

Pats fans could not care less about small minded people who allows their jealousy to let their intellectual honesty go flying out the window.  We're more about looking forward to next year when that new huge XLIX banner is unfurled at Gillette.

XXXVI
XXXVIII
XXXIX
XLIX






avatar
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Posts : 2310
Join date : 2012-11-23
Location : Massachusetts

Back to top Go down

Re: Bob Kravitz does a (sort of) mea cupla on deflategate

Post by George1963 on Tue Feb 17, 2015 4:59 pm

guppy wrote:
George1963 wrote:


NFL’s Policy Manual for Member Clubs Volume II 2007 Edition










Page A105

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]


Right goofball, Page A105:

"V.   Miscellaneous Rules and Regulations

A.   No video recording devices of any kind are permitted to be in use in the coaches' booth, on the field, or in the locker room during the game."



I looked but I don't see the word "sidelines" there.  Oh well.  Spygate = much ado about nothing.

If I say something's illegal in Massachusetts, does that include Boston?

It will never happen, but if only you would work up the same manufactured outrage over:

Jerry Rice/Joe Montana, and "stickum-gate",
or the Giants faking injuries in the 2013 playoff,
or the 2011 Redskins front loading contracts which resulted in them being docked cap space,
or 2010 the Jets conditioning coach Sal Alosi trying sticking his leg out from the sideline trying to trip Dolphin Nolan Carroll on a full tilt sprint down the field,
or Mike Tomlin stepping on to the field to change the running path of Jacoby Jones in 2013,
or the Denver Broncos who illegally moved $29 Million off their salary caps with the contracts of John Elway, Terrell Davis and others during their Superbowl years,
or the Seahawks being fined in 2012 and 2014 for violations of the practice rules giving themselves more contact practice time than allowed to other teams in the league,
or the Raiders and the Broncos covering themselves in vaseline to give them an advantage over their opponent, 
or the "great" Don Shula who cost Miami a first round draft pick due to being guilty of tampering for negotiating with the Dolphins while he was still head coach of the Baltimore Colts? 

Outraged over any of these things, just to name a few? 
Didn't think so.  
Does it bother you that your owner got behind the wheel while on drugs with a big bundle of cash in a bag in his care (wonder what that was for?)?  He could have killed someone.  Big deal for you?  Naw.  What if Bob Kraft did that?  Oh, we would surely hear from you alright.  If that was Kraft you would be front and center with the handcuffs and the keys to the isolation wing at Walpole Correctional.

"You must release Mr Hernandez your honor, because a bunch of people not in the courtroom today have done a bunch of stuff." Pause for laughter.

None of these things bring out near the amount of condemnation for you that placing a camera on the sideline in plain view does.  Just like all haters, your outrage is quite selective.  "Selective" here means, "Reserved For Patriots Only". 

Hell, look at this most recent witch hunt of a delfategate fiasco.  It has proven that you care far more about the Patriots being accused of cheating, than other teams actually cheating. 

Lets face real facts.  These are the "facts" that lie at the heart of you're being "Still Irked" in the present day by something that most truly knowledgeable football people have long ago put to rest, something that was not really of much significance to begin with:

2010 reg season:  31-28
2011 reg season:  31-24
2012 reg season:  59-24
2014 post season:  43-22
2014 reg season:   42-20
2015 post season:  45-7

Last six meetings:  Patriots 6 wins, Colts 0 wins
Total points:  Patriots 251, Colts 125.

No.

2003 post season  24-14
2004 post season  20-13


You remember that don't you That's where the Colts were knocked out of the playoffs by the Patriots when they were ADMITTEDLY CHEATING! In games that may not have been in Foxboro were they not ADMITTEDLY CHEATING! The Patriots may have won those games without their ADMITTED CHEATING, but we'll never know.
Because they were ADMITTEDLY CHEATING!
Irk isn't a strong enough word.


These are the REAL facts that make you obsess over Article IX of the NFL Constitution and By-laws, which no matter what you say, is clearly, by its own words, intended to make the recording illegal for use during that SAME GAME, something which Belichick never did, which was later corroborated by Goodell.

The rule never mentions the purpose of the taping. It just prohibits it.


Show me where Goodell ever corroborated that. Hell, show me where BB ever said it!  I don't think he did. They may have, Goody did say this though;

"This episode represents a calculated and deliberate attempt to avoid long-standing rules designed to encourage fair play and promote honest competition on the playing field,"

I guess I'm not the only man in America who thought it was a big deal, huh.


So ya, I guess in the past the Patriots were guilty of jaywalking.  Absolutely.  Did the crime.  Did the time.  But rest assured, nothing you or your fellow "Still Irked" phonies say can turn a very old Jaywalking walking conviction into a present day First Degree Murder conviction.   Truthfully, y'all look really silly clinging on so desperately and so hard to your manufactured hatred.


You know, as I'm typing and finishing up here, I realize I'm the real sucker here.  I  have allowed myself to be dragged down into the spygate gutter by you.  You have successfully baited me into even discussing this stupid subject.   What's next, discussing secret microphones in shoulder pads?  I won't do it.  I must be nuts.  No, I am nuts.  Why do I even take the time to respond to this ridiculous garbage?

You respond because you know that the vast majority of people don't think it's ridiculous garbage.
That irks you. 


The Patriots just won the Superbowl fer crissake.  The same legendary coach and legendary QB could walk into the Hall of Fame RIGHT NOW if they both hung it up right now.

No they wouldn't.
That irks you too.




XXXVI*
XXXVIII*
XXXIX*
XLIX(* pending, but probable)








Last edited by George1963 on Tue Feb 17, 2015 5:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
George1963
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Posts : 1448
Join date : 2012-06-11
Age : 54
Location : Cheraw SC

Back to top Go down

Re: Bob Kravitz does a (sort of) mea cupla on deflategate

Post by George1963 on Tue Feb 17, 2015 5:05 pm

These are the "facts" that lie at the heart of you're being "Still Irked" in the present day by something that most truly knowledgeable football people have long ago put to rest, something that was not really of much significance to begin with


One other thing, if this is the case, explain the last three weeks to me please.
Never mind, I'll do it for you. Anybody who didn't forget about spygate years ago or who ever thought it was a big deal aren't "truly knowledgeable". In other words, not Patriots fans.
You're welcome.
avatar
George1963
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Posts : 1448
Join date : 2012-06-11
Age : 54
Location : Cheraw SC

Back to top Go down

Re: Bob Kravitz does a (sort of) mea cupla on deflategate

Post by guppy on Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:10 pm

George1963 wrote:


The same legendary coach and legendary QB could walk into the Hall of Fame RIGHT NOW if they both hung it up right now.

No they wouldn't.

Dumbest single post of the year.  And there hasn't been a shortage of contenders either.  Congrats.


...............

Loser Mentality
Dwell forever in your small minded, misdirected, misplaced, ill-informed, ill-advised, misguided, imprudent, fallacious, unsound, erroneous, untrue, flawed, incorrect, erroneous, false, artificially manufactured, artificially simulated, pretend, laughable outrage over some minor jaywalking offense by a historically great football team that you have proven outright owns you, and thus resides firmly in your, as well as other sour grape, sore loser, fake fans' heads.

Winner Mentality
Me and my very happy, ecstatic, content, elated, delighted, overjoyed, thrilled, jubilant, upbeat, blessed, fortunate, and euphoric fellow fans of the honorable, revered, noble, illustrious, righteous, distinguished, celebrated, esteemed, eminent, magnificent, exalted, and honored World Champions of football will continue to kick back and allow the eagerly anticipated year long celebration of sports achievement of the highest magnitude to cascade over us like a crystal clear waterfall as we bask in the joy of a shared victory that will endure through the ages and provide inspiration for generations yet to come.


[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

("Long Live The Difference" if you don't know French.)






avatar
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Posts : 2310
Join date : 2012-11-23
Location : Massachusetts

Back to top Go down

Re: Bob Kravitz does a (sort of) mea cupla on deflategate

Post by guppy on Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:33 pm

George1963 wrote:

I guess I'm not the only man in America who thought it was a big deal, huh.

Not the only one, clearly.  There are a lot of dumb men in America.  You're part of the herd mentality.  Baaaaa baaaaa sheep, follow the herd.  Personally, I'd be too embarrassed to let on to others that I fall in line like an unthinking lemming as a member of the herd.  Its like being a drone, all thoughts totally controlled by some master central brain.  Did you ever see The Borg on Star Trek?  Like those guys.  Drones. 


[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]


Not all are so shallow and whose thoughts are easily controlled though.  Some actually use their brains and are able to separate the relevant from the irrelevant, and don't simply parrot what the
gullible masses blindly accept.

Like this guy:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

avatar
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Posts : 2310
Join date : 2012-11-23
Location : Massachusetts

Back to top Go down

Re: Bob Kravitz does a (sort of) mea cupla on deflategate

Post by guppy on Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:48 pm

George1963 wrote:

One other thing, if this is the case, explain the last three weeks to me please.


Piece of cake. 
"Waaaaa.  Waaaaaa.  Sniff, sniff.  The Patriots always beat my team, and I hate them for that.  I hate that Tom Brady.  I hate his hair.  I hate when he pumps his fist.  I hate when he head butts with his teammates.  I hate when he signals first downIts insulting to me.   I don't need to know the facts.  I don't need no stinkin proof.  The moment the accusation was made, that was my wet dream.  I don't need more and I don't want to hear any more.  Once the accusation was made, that's the moment when my mind was made up."

avatar
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Posts : 2310
Join date : 2012-11-23
Location : Massachusetts

Back to top Go down

Re: Bob Kravitz does a (sort of) mea cupla on deflategate

Post by George1963 on Wed Feb 18, 2015 5:54 am

There are a lot of dumb men in America.  You're part of the herd mentality.  Baaaaa baaaaa sheep, follow the herd.  Personally, I'd be too embarrassed to let on to others that I fall in line like an unthinking lemming as a member of the herd.  Its like being a drone, all thoughts totally controlled by some master central brain.



This, coming from you, is fucking hysterical.
avatar
George1963
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Posts : 1448
Join date : 2012-06-11
Age : 54
Location : Cheraw SC

Back to top Go down

Re: Bob Kravitz does a (sort of) mea cupla on deflategate

Post by George1963 on Wed Feb 18, 2015 6:00 am

Not all are so shallow and whose thoughts are easily controlled though.  Some actually use their brains and are able to separate the relevant from the irrelevant, and don't simply parrot what the gullible masses blindly accept.

Like this guy:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]



[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]





[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]



"Cowher, who now works as an analyst for CBS"
avatar
George1963
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Posts : 1448
Join date : 2012-06-11
Age : 54
Location : Cheraw SC

Back to top Go down

Re: Bob Kravitz does a (sort of) mea cupla on deflategate

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum