The catch that wasn't !

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The catch that wasn't !

Post by JhnK307 on Tue Jan 13, 2015 2:01 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
JhnK307
Undrafted
Undrafted

Posts : 201
Join date : 2012-09-30

Back to top Go down

Re: The catch that wasn't !

Post by JhnK307 on Tue Jan 13, 2015 2:07 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
JhnK307
Undrafted
Undrafted

Posts : 201
Join date : 2012-09-30

Back to top Go down

Re: The catch that wasn't !

Post by milani on Tue Jan 13, 2015 6:16 pm

It's a tough one no matter which way the result goes. But if you live by a rule you can die by a rule. But let's not just change this rule just because it cost Jerry's team a game.
No one agreed to change the rule for Calvin Johnson several years ago. And certainly no one cared about Bert Emmanuel back in 1999. How about eliminating illegal contact downfield so DBs and safeties can hit the Bryants, the Calvins, and the Randy Mosses just like they do in college. Earn your catch the way Fred Bellitnokoff, Raymond Berry, and Max McGee did once upon a time.
avatar
milani
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Posts : 1617
Join date : 2012-08-27
Age : 64
Location : Iowa

Back to top Go down

Re: The catch that wasn't !

Post by CatalinaMinx on Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:56 am

Ok, well water under the bridge now but when he first caught the ball he was standing and he took three steps BEFORE he fell. The rule didn't apply here...clearly the ref was a moron. That all said. Go Seahawks!
avatar
CatalinaMinx
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Posts : 1431
Join date : 2012-12-09
Location : Lone Star State

Back to top Go down

Re: The catch that wasn't !

Post by milani on Tue Jan 20, 2015 7:08 pm

CatalinaMinx wrote:Ok, well water under the bridge now but when he first caught the ball he was standing and he took three steps BEFORE he fell. The rule didn't apply here...clearly the ref was a moron. That all said. Go Seahawks!

Going to the ground is going to the ground. Righting yourself after a catch is a common football move and he did not do that no matter how acrobatic he was.
avatar
milani
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Posts : 1617
Join date : 2012-08-27
Age : 64
Location : Iowa

Back to top Go down

Re: The catch that wasn't !

Post by Admin on Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:09 pm

milani wrote:It's a tough one no matter which way the result goes. But if you live by a rule you can die by a rule. But let's not just change this rule just because it cost Jerry's team a game.
No one agreed to change the rule for Calvin Johnson several years ago. And certainly no one cared about Bert Emmanuel back in 1999. How about eliminating illegal contact downfield so DBs and safeties can hit the Bryants, the Calvins, and the Randy Mosses just like they do in college. Earn your catch the way Fred Bellitnokoff, Raymond Berry, and Max McGee did once upon a time.
I'm diggin on that.... but of course you know that means a return to exciting battles with scores of 7-3.... just saying.
avatar
Admin
Admin

Posts : 1323
Join date : 2012-01-21
Location : Everywhere

http://profootballworld.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The catch that wasn't !

Post by milani on Wed Jan 21, 2015 6:35 pm

Admin wrote:
milani wrote:It's a tough one no matter which way the result goes. But if you live by a rule you can die by a rule. But let's not just change this rule just because it cost Jerry's team a game.
No one agreed to change the rule for Calvin Johnson several years ago. And certainly no one cared about Bert Emmanuel back in 1999. How about eliminating illegal contact downfield so DBs and safeties can hit the Bryants, the Calvins, and the Randy Mosses just like they do in college. Earn your catch the way Fred Bellitnokoff, Raymond Berry, and Max McGee did once upon a time.
I'm diggin on that.... but of course you know that means a return to exciting battles with scores of 7-3.... just saying.

I'll take it. Two of Lombardi's greatest wins came by a score of 9-7 and 16-7 and I was at arm's length from the TV for 3 hours a piece.
avatar
milani
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Posts : 1617
Join date : 2012-08-27
Age : 64
Location : Iowa

Back to top Go down

Re: The catch that wasn't !

Post by throttleplate on Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:40 pm

i had a dream last night that i fielded the onside kick.
avatar
throttleplate
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Posts : 829
Join date : 2012-01-23
Location : Philippines

Back to top Go down

Re: The catch that wasn't !

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum