Steelers acting like the Browns

Go down

Steelers acting like the Browns

Post by Guest on Sat Jan 10, 2015 11:11 pm

It's the end of an era in Pittsburgh. LeBeau, 77, had been the Steelers' defensive coordinator since 2004. His units have dropped off in recent years, with Pittsburgh allowing a weekly 353 total yards in 2014, and ranking near the bottom of the league in both sacks (33) and interceptions (11). That, of course, had a lot to do with LeBeau's sub-par personnel. LeBeau, who has been an NFL coach for 42 years, is not expected to retire. LB coach Keith Butler is an in-house candidate to replace LeBeau.

Back to top Go down

Re: Steelers acting like the Browns

Post by diehardsteersfan on Tue Jan 13, 2015 6:09 pm

Dmounts wrote:It's the end of an era in Pittsburgh. LeBeau, 77, had been the Steelers' defensive coordinator since 2004. His units have dropped off in recent years, with Pittsburgh allowing a weekly 353 total yards in 2014, and ranking near the bottom of the league in both sacks (33) and interceptions (11). That, of course, had a lot to do with LeBeau's sub-par personnel. LeBeau, who has been an NFL coach for 42 years, is not expected to retire. LB coach Keith Butler is an in-house candidate to replace LeBeau.

I think promoting someone inside the organization is the opposite of what the Cleveland Brown's do. 

Keith Butler has been promised for several years now, turning down other offers from teams to be their defensive coordinator because he was promised that he would be promoted in time.  How much longer were they suppose to make him wait?  This is his time; the time is right. 

Good luck Dick LeBeau.

diehardsteersfan
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:14 pm

If you're happy with a Browns retread then I'm happy for ya.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:15 am

Dmounts wrote:If you're happy with a Browns retread then I'm happy for ya.
Bruce Arians was a Browns retread and he's done great since getting away from the worst organization in the NFL.. I suspect Keith Butler will be just fine.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:45 pm

Steely wrote:
Bruce Arians was a Browns retread and he's done great since getting away from the worst organization in the NFL.. I suspect Keith Butler will be just fine.
Once you get that Cleveland funk washed off.... anything positive is possible.... LOL. Why Ben Tate might end up being a decent back...now that the Brown is worn off.
Admin
Admin

http://profootballworld.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by diehardsteersfan on Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:08 pm

Admin wrote:
Steely wrote:
Once you get that Cleveland funk washed off.... anything positive is possible.... LOL. Why Ben Tate might end up being a decent back...now that the Brown is worn off.

cheers

diehardsteersfan
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down