Best player on the Patriots

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Best player on the Patriots

Post by George1963 on Mon Dec 01, 2014 3:42 pm

Darrelle Revis played a hell of a game. He's had a hell of a season.


I just saw him on sportscenter saying Nelson pushed off on the long TD. (He didn't)



Right before he said he wasn't using that for an excuse. (He was.)



Then why even bring it up? (Because he can't even admit to himself that he got smoked.)



Shut up Darrelle, or my man-crush will be over.
avatar
George1963
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Posts : 1448
Join date : 2012-06-11
Age : 54
Location : Cheraw SC

Back to top Go down

Re: Best player on the Patriots

Post by guppy on Mon Dec 01, 2014 5:46 pm

If Darrelle says there was a push off, there was a push offYou don't question the man.


[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]


But Jordy's little push off just before he made he cut was, as Darrelle said, part of ...



           "the game within the game"














"He got a little separation with a push-off, but that’s the game within the game," Revis said. "It is what it is... Push-off, not push-off, call or no call, you’ve got to play. It was a great game. They made more plays than we did."







Yes, great game.  And I will say all is still going according to plan.  Bwahaaaaahaaa. The Pats have now successfully lulled GB into a false sense of security by not showing them the real Superbowl game plan, and letting them have this one and get all full of themselves.  Now the Pack will be ripe for the picking in the February rematch when the Patriots show them a completely new and different look that will have their heads spinning.  (This is all I can reveal at this time.) 



Apollo Creed (Green Bay) may have won this first bout, but All American Rocky Balboa (New England) is setting his sights on the rematch for all the marblesAll according The Grand Plan.  Heh heh heh.
avatar
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Posts : 2310
Join date : 2012-11-23
Location : Massachusetts

Back to top Go down

Re: Best player on the Patriots

Post by guppy on Tue Dec 02, 2014 1:41 pm

Not the best look at the play, but best I could come up with.


Would have loved to have seen how the second half played out if only this play hadn't happened.


Should be on "NFL Turning Point", cause the momentum turned right there.  Third and two.  Ugh.


By the way, as I told you, if the Pats first round draft choice was not taken away due to spygate, Jordy Nelson was on the board when it would have been the Pats turn to pick.  If that draft pick hadn't been taken away by the Sheriff, Jordy might have been a Patriot.  He's everything I would want in a receiver.


[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Posts : 2310
Join date : 2012-11-23
Location : Massachusetts

Back to top Go down

Re: Best player on the Patriots

Post by George1963 on Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:11 pm

By the way, as I told you, if the Pats first round draft choice was not taken away due to spygate, Jordy Nelson was on the board when it would have been the Pats turn to pick.  If that draft pick hadn't been taken away by the Sheriff, Jordy might have been a Patriot.  He's everything I would want in a receiver.


Revis kinda gave up after Nelson caught that. Didn't notice that before.
They didn't need a WR in that draft. Kenny Phillips would have been their guy. Should have been anyway. Assuming they didn't trade the pick for 2 7ths and a third in 2008.
BTW, there was a much better wideout on the board at 31 that year. Much MUCH better. I thought so then and it's proven out.
avatar
George1963
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Posts : 1448
Join date : 2012-06-11
Age : 54
Location : Cheraw SC

Back to top Go down

Re: Best player on the Patriots

Post by George1963 on Tue Dec 02, 2014 5:34 pm

He's everything I would want in a receiver.


I can't disagree there. As an owner, I love the guy!


Hee hee. I'm an NFL owner. I need me a jet and a 20 year old girlfriend.
avatar
George1963
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Posts : 1448
Join date : 2012-06-11
Age : 54
Location : Cheraw SC

Back to top Go down

Re: Best player on the Patriots

Post by guppy on Tue Dec 02, 2014 6:14 pm

George1963 wrote:
Hee hee. I'm an NFL owner. I need me a jet and a 20 year old girlfriend.

And a pair of Air Force One sneakers.  Very Happy


[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Posts : 2310
Join date : 2012-11-23
Location : Massachusetts

Back to top Go down

Re: Best player on the Patriots

Post by guppy on Tue Dec 02, 2014 6:15 pm

George1963 wrote:
Assuming they didn't trade the pick for 2 7ths and a third in 2008.

LOL.  Touche.


BTW, there was a much better wideout on the board at 31 that year. Much MUCH better. I thought so then and it's proven out.

Tell me.
avatar
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Posts : 2310
Join date : 2012-11-23
Location : Massachusetts

Back to top Go down

Re: Best player on the Patriots

Post by guppy on Tue Dec 02, 2014 6:45 pm

George1963 wrote:

Revis kinda gave up after Nelson caught that. Didn't notice that before.

I don't know if he kinda gave up.  Sometimes you just have to tip your cap to the other guy.  That one play aside, Revis did a great job on him all game long.  He's phenomenal.  Jordy can fly, and eventually he's going to get one, even against your man crush, and he did on that play.  It was a killer.


BTW, how did you like that phantom 12 men on the field penalty against NE?  When the camera showed and still shot of the Pats and they counted them, and it came to 11, that was truly embarrassing for that referee crew.  They eventually reversed it because they had no choice, but jeez.   And also, they didn't call the most blatant offensive push off by a Packer receiver you'll ever see.  I'm sure you remember it if you watched the whole game.  Jim Nance and even that jerk Phil Sims even said so, and the replay showed how blatant it was.  But no whistle.  I know the game was in Lambeau, and the edge goes to the home team Packers.  But, "come on man".  Ed Hockuli sucks.  I hate him, his children, his grandchildren, and his dog, and I hope he never refs another Patriots game, ever.

 
avatar
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Posts : 2310
Join date : 2012-11-23
Location : Massachusetts

Back to top Go down

Re: Best player on the Patriots

Post by George1963 on Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:00 pm

guppy wrote:
George1963 wrote:
Assuming they didn't trade the pick for 2 7ths and a third in 2008.

LOL.  Touche.


BTW, there was a much better wideout on the board at 31 that year. Much MUCH better. I thought so then and it's proven out.

Tell me.
DeSean Jackson. Puny,and kind of a dbag, but he'll do anything you need him to do.
I thought Eddie Royal was better coming out too. He's good, but Nelson has been better.
avatar
George1963
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Posts : 1448
Join date : 2012-06-11
Age : 54
Location : Cheraw SC

Back to top Go down

Re: Best player on the Patriots

Post by George1963 on Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:07 pm

guppy wrote:
George1963 wrote:

Revis kinda gave up after Nelson caught that. Didn't notice that before.

I don't know if he kinda gave up.  Sometimes you just have to tip your cap to the other guy.  That one play aside, Revis did a great job on him all game long.  He's phenomenal.  Jordy can fly, and eventually he's going to get one, even against your man crush, and he did on that play.  It was a killer.


BTW, how did you like that phantom 12 men on the field penalty against NE?  When the camera showed and still shot of the Pats and they counted them, and it came to 11, that was truly embarrassing for that referee crew.  They eventually reversed it because they had no choice, but jeez.   And also, they didn't call the most blatant offensive push off by a Packer receiver you'll ever see.  I'm sure you remember it if you watched the whole game.  Jim Nance and even that jerk Phil Sims even said so, and the replay showed how blatant it was.  But no whistle.  I know the game was in Lambeau, and the edge goes to the home team Packers.  But, "come on man".  Ed Hockuli sucks.  I hate him, his children, his grandchildren, and his dog, and I hope he never refs another Patriots game, ever.

 
I didn't see the 12 man thing.Heard about it on the radio. A lot. I must have been peeing.
There were bad calls going both ways, no more than usual though.
The best one was Edelman calling his own penalty. Run through the DB then appeal to one, two, three officials until one finally says "Sure, why not?"
avatar
George1963
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Posts : 1448
Join date : 2012-06-11
Age : 54
Location : Cheraw SC

Back to top Go down

Re: Best player on the Patriots

Post by guppy on Wed Dec 03, 2014 9:00 am

George1963 wrote:


There were bad calls going both ways, no more than usual though.

I pretty much agree with the idea that bad calls generally go both ways, and over the long run, even out.  I was only being half serious with my little rant. 

But you do agree with me regarding the blatant and obvious offensive shove by the GB receiver that wasn't called.  That one was not subtle.  It was not hand fighting.  Just a pure shove to the defender to push him out of the way to get open.  I've seen Gronk get called for like one tenth the shove that that one was.  Should have been called.  But whatever, one bad non call didn't change the outcome.

On the throw to Gronk in the endzone that would have put the Pats up with just a couple of minutes to go that he couldn't hold on to and went incomplete, you could make a case for pass interference.  Not saying it was PI, but it would not be unreasonable to make a case for it.  The defender had his hands all over Gronk and did not turn his head around to look for the ball. 

Between receiver and defensive back, I say, Let em play.....as long as you're consistent, and how much contact you let go is applied equally to both sides.

avatar
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Posts : 2310
Join date : 2012-11-23
Location : Massachusetts

Back to top Go down

Re: Best player on the Patriots

Post by George1963 on Wed Dec 03, 2014 9:59 am

guppy wrote:
George1963 wrote:


There were bad calls going both ways, no more than usual though.

I pretty much agree with the idea that bad calls generally go both ways, and over the long run, even out.  I was only being half serious with my little rant. 

But you do agree with me regarding the blatant and obvious offensive shove by the GB receiver that wasn't called.  That one was not subtle.  It was not hand fighting.  Just a pure shove to the defender to push him out of the way to get open.  I've seen Gronk get called for like one tenth the shove that that one was.  Should have been called.  But whatever, one bad non call didn't change the outcome.

On the throw to Gronk in the endzone that would have put the Pats up with just a couple of minutes to go that he couldn't hold on to and went incomplete, you could make a case for pass interference.  Not saying it was PI, but it would not be unreasonable to make a case for it.  The defender had his hands all over Gronk and did not turn his head around to look for the ball. 

Between receiver and defensive back, I say, Let em play.....as long as you're consistent, and how much contact you let go is applied equally to both sides.


That's not the way the league is anymore. I had a guy who worked for them tell me years ago that they made periodic rule changes to keep the scoring at 43 points a game.
That's completely out the door now I guess. Fantasy football has brought in a whole new fan base and they're catering to them. Scoring sells.


avatar
George1963
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Posts : 1448
Join date : 2012-06-11
Age : 54
Location : Cheraw SC

Back to top Go down

Re: Best player on the Patriots

Post by guppy on Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:40 am

George1963 wrote:

Fantasy football has brought in a whole new fan base and they're catering to them. Scoring sells.



"Show me the money."

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Posts : 2310
Join date : 2012-11-23
Location : Massachusetts

Back to top Go down

Re: Best player on the Patriots

Post by George1963 on Wed Dec 03, 2014 11:38 am

guppy wrote:
George1963 wrote:

Fantasy football has brought in a whole new fan base and they're catering to them. Scoring sells.



"Show me the money."

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]


Eef. That's skin crawly to me. That was Mike Vanderjacts move. To his credit though, he'd do it before a kick.
avatar
George1963
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Posts : 1448
Join date : 2012-06-11
Age : 54
Location : Cheraw SC

Back to top Go down

Re: Best player on the Patriots

Post by George1963 on Wed Dec 03, 2014 11:53 am

I've seen Gronk get called for like one tenth the shove that that one was.


When? The guy's only been called for 5 PIs in his career. I know that as a Pats fan 1 seems like too much, but come on. I've seen him pick guys up and throw them, then go about his business.
And I don't remember the specific play you're talking about, but I'll take your word for it. It's the way things are now.
avatar
George1963
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Posts : 1448
Join date : 2012-06-11
Age : 54
Location : Cheraw SC

Back to top Go down

Re: Best player on the Patriots

Post by guppy on Wed Dec 03, 2014 1:10 pm

George1963 wrote:



Eef. That's skin crawly to me. That was Mike Vanderjacts move. To his credit though, he'd do it before a kick.




Oh ya, Vanderjacts did do that.   You're the only one who has pointed that out.  Have not read it anywhere.  Johnny Football is a plagerizer.
avatar
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Posts : 2310
Join date : 2012-11-23
Location : Massachusetts

Back to top Go down

Re: Best player on the Patriots

Post by George1963 on Thu Dec 04, 2014 5:54 am

guppy wrote:
George1963 wrote:



Eef. That's skin crawly to me. That was Mike Vanderjacts move. To his credit though, he'd do it before a kick.




Oh ya, Vanderjacts did do that.   You're the only one who has pointed that out.  Have not read it anywhere.  Johnny Football is a plagerizer.
My sarcasim detector has always been pretty weak. Has this been mentioned? Maybe a few thousand times?
avatar
George1963
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Posts : 1448
Join date : 2012-06-11
Age : 54
Location : Cheraw SC

Back to top Go down

Re: Best player on the Patriots

Post by guppy on Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:16 am

George1963 wrote:


My sarcasim detector has always been pretty weak. Has this been mentioned? Maybe a few thousand times?


Well, there is only so much NFL data my brain can process.   Got to stay focused on the task at hand.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Posts : 2310
Join date : 2012-11-23
Location : Massachusetts

Back to top Go down

Re: Best player on the Patriots

Post by guppy on Tue Dec 09, 2014 1:57 pm

Somebody's got a shadow that he can't shake.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Posts : 2310
Join date : 2012-11-23
Location : Massachusetts

Back to top Go down

Re: Best player on the Patriots

Post by George1963 on Tue Dec 09, 2014 8:27 pm

guppy wrote:Somebody's got a shadow that he can't shake.


Colts have a little cap space next year.  Very Happy
avatar
George1963
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Posts : 1448
Join date : 2012-06-11
Age : 54
Location : Cheraw SC

Back to top Go down

Re: Best player on the Patriots

Post by guppy on Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:32 pm

George1963 wrote:
guppy wrote:Somebody's got a shadow that he can't shake.


Colts have a little cap space next year.  Very Happy


It will be very interesting to see what happens next year.  His whole way of doing business is that its always been about business, and he is Darrell Revis, Incorporated.  We all know the Pats have a certain reputation about spending, i.e., not overspending.  But if there was ever a player to not nickle and dime, its this guy.  After getting the first 4 games this year under his belt, where he really was kinda ordinary (Browner didn't play in the first 4 games, so that may have some relationship), he has been absolutely sensational since.  In the last six games, just look at the top WRs he has shut down.  I won't even bother naming them.  He's changed everything for this defense, and everyone knows it.
  
avatar
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Posts : 2310
Join date : 2012-11-23
Location : Massachusetts

Back to top Go down

Re: Best player on the Patriots

Post by George1963 on Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:36 pm

guppy wrote:
George1963 wrote:
guppy wrote:Somebody's got a shadow that he can't shake.


Colts have a little cap space next year.  Very Happy


It will be very interesting to see what happens next year.  His whole way of doing business is that its always been about business, and he is Darrell Revis, Incorporated.  We all know the Pats have a certain reputation about spending, i.e., not overspending.  But if there was ever a player to not nickle and dime, its this guy.  After getting the first 4 games this year under his belt, where he really was kinda ordinary (Browner didn't play in the first 4 games, so that may have some relationship), he has been absolutely sensational since.  In the last six games, just look at the top WRs he has shut down.  I won't even bother naming them.  He's changed everything for this defense, and everyone knows it.
  
Special player, no doubt.
avatar
George1963
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Posts : 1448
Join date : 2012-06-11
Age : 54
Location : Cheraw SC

Back to top Go down

Re: Best player on the Patriots

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum