Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

George told me to enjoy it for one year only

3 posters

Go down

George told me to enjoy it for one year only Empty George told me to enjoy it for one year only

Post by guppy Mon Oct 27, 2014 4:55 pm

Man, it is fun watching this guy. 

But George, I don't want it to be for just one year. Sad   

Look at Alshon Jeffery, all depressed and stuff.  Love it.  Dude shouldn't have entered the "No Fly Zone".  

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

George told me to enjoy it for one year only Empty Re: George told me to enjoy it for one year only

Post by George1963 Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:56 pm

guppy wrote:Man, it is fun watching this guy. 

Look at Alshon Jeffery, all depressed and stuff.  Love it.  Dude shouldn't have entered the "No Fly Zone".  

Well, I didn't see a minute of the game so I don't know who was covering who when, but Jeffery's on my fantasy team and Cutler was 5/8 for 59 yards, a TD and a 124.48 rating when he threw to him so......yea.
George1963
George1963
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

George told me to enjoy it for one year only Empty Re: George told me to enjoy it for one year only

Post by guppy Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:02 pm

George1963 wrote:
guppy wrote:Man, it is fun watching this guy. 

Well, I didn't see a minute of the game so I don't know who was covering who when, but Jeffery's on my fantasy team and Cutler was 5/8 for 59 yards, a TD and a 124.48 rating when he threw to him so......yea.

Well, I don't care if 24 was covering 17 on that play, or not. 

24 is steadily showing week by week that he is the player I expected to see.  What was the name of that old Rod Stewart song?  Oh ya, "Every picture tells a story don't it"

guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:01 pm

George1963 wrote:

After checking, it was actually Brandon Marshall that Revis was covering and broke up that play, which was then followed by the finger wag, which translated is, "No, no, no.  Don't you be coming in my space trying that again." 

So, point well taken.  Apparently, from his body language as it appears in the photo, Jeffery was bummed about the pass to his teammate getting broken up. 
Or, maybe he was just bummed because Cutler threw to a blanketed Marshall instead of to him who was open.
Either way, the contrast in emotions of the two made for a cool photo.
guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by George1963 Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:14 am

guppy wrote:
George1963 wrote:

After checking, it was actually Brandon Marshall that Revis was covering and broke up that play, which was then followed by the finger wag, which translated is, "No, no, no.  Don't you be coming in my space trying that again." 

So, point well taken.  Apparently, from his body language as it appears in the photo, Jeffery was bummed about the pass to his teammate getting broken up. 
Or, maybe he was just bummed because Cutler threw to a blanketed Marshall instead of to him who was open.

Ok then. If BB has recovered from the madness of playing zone and is letting Revis do his thing, which is covering the most dangerous outside guy,  Cutler was 3/10 for 39 yards, a pick, and a robust 2.08 QBR when throwing to Marshall.
That sounds more like it.
George1963
George1963
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Rick Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:30 am

George1963 wrote:
guppy wrote:
George1963 wrote:

Ok then. If BB has recovered from the madness of playing zone and is letting Revis do his thing, which is covering the most dangerous outside guy,  Cutler was 3/10 for 39 yards, a pick, and a robust 2.08 QBR when throwing to Marshall.
That sounds more like it.
He had, but they went back to the zone for the Bears. Teams have been doing it all year, that's why the Jeffery/Marshall vertical production is down so much this year.
Watever works.

Revis Island wasn’t needed on Sunday. After playing almost strictly man-to-man coverage in wins over the Bengals, Bills, and Jets, the Patriots switched back to zone coverage for most of Sunday’s game, with Revis sticking to the left side and Browner on the right. The game plan was simple: Jam the receivers at the line of scrimmage, knock them off their routes, take away the deep ball, and make Cutler beat them with 12-play drives. Obviously, he didn’t.

Rick

Back to top Go down

Post by guppy Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:56 pm

Manning will pick a zone defense apart if they are foolish enough to go there.  They are not that stupid.

How much is the defensive game plan is Bill Belichick, and how much is Matt Patricia?  Why have a D-Coordinator unless you're going to give him the opportunity to do his job.  Just looking at the sideline, it looks to me like Patricia does have some independence.

One other thing.  Alfonso Dennard was a healthy scratch for the Bears game.  Keep it that way.  He can't cover any of Denver's receivers, and he got destroyed in the AFCC game last year after Talib went out.  Keep him off the field please.
guppy
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down