Opinions on draft

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Opinions on draft

Post by Gbjerke on Thu May 01, 2014 7:30 pm

So, the board is super quiet and it's time to consider who should be at the top of our list for draftees.
Any thoughts out there?
QB?  which one?
Corner(s)?
A monster tackle for the right side?
My original thought was to go for a QB but it is rare indeed for a rookie to light it up and a ton of big names coming out of college over the years have failed miserably....Ryan Leaf etc.  It's a crapshoot to me.  Johnny Football gets a lot of press but he is small and runs a lot....me thinks he will not last a season without being injured.
Our right side of the "O" line needs a tackle and let's face it, neither Ponder or Casell had a lot of time to throw.  Maybe with protection they could be average(+)?
Better minds than mine will decide but curious as to others thoughts.

Gbjerke

Back to top Go down

Re: Opinions on draft

Post by Guest on Thu May 01, 2014 8:47 pm

Gbjerke wrote:So, the board is super quiet and it's time to consider who should be at the top of our list for draftees.
Any thoughts out there?
QB?  which one?
Corner(s)?
A monster tackle for the right side?
My original thought was to go for a QB but it is rare indeed for a rookie to light it up and a ton of big names coming out of college over the years have failed miserably....Ryan Leaf etc.  It's a crapshoot to me.  Johnny Football gets a lot of press but he is small and runs a lot....me thinks he will not last a season without being injured.
Our right side of the "O" line needs a tackle and let's face it, neither Ponder or Casell had a lot of time to throw.  Maybe with protection they could be average(+)?
Better minds than mine will decide but curious as to others thoughts.

Gbjerke, I'm not sure there are any Viking posters left from the past couple years or so. Unfortunately, the only 'fun' I have these days is visiting the rocket scientist and self assured blowhards on the Packer board.

Now as to the draft....well, I have stated that I don't see Minny drafting a QB in the first round. Just not enough there to justify it that early (and I don't want to see another Ponder reach). I am happy so far with the depth the Vikes added to the DL. As to the OL...yes, the RT needs to be addressed and I wasn't impressed with Kalil's sophmore performance at LT. So indeed depth would help there also. I am still concerned with DB's more than LB's, but it's close as to the greater need. Hopefully the Vikings, now with Zimmer at the helm will not get caught up in the QB fever (too early) and focus on the many various needs noted here.

Thor

Back to top Go down

Post by j82053 on Fri May 02, 2014 10:36 am

I would like to see the Vikes get a QB in the 2nd or 3rd round. With the first pick I'm ok with a LB or a DB. OL line should get some consideration for sure. I think Cassel will do fairly well this year as long as the protection improves. Hopefully the coaching is better than last year, which I think it will be.

j82053

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top