Someone agrees with me

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Someone agrees with me

Post by George1963 on Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:36 am

Finally. Somebody else thinks Aqib Talib is a middle of the road JAG.
I swear, I could never understand why people loved this guy. Pats fans I could see. It's been a while since they've seen an actual NFL caliber cornerback, but the press? I actually heard a guy on TV use the word "splendid" when describing him this season. I nearly puked.
Bleacher Report Ranks him the 29th best corner in the league.
They have Dennard at 70, Browner at 38 and Revis 2nd BTW.

29. Aqib Talib, New England Patriots

Former New England Patriots and new Denver Broncos cornerback Aqib Talib (6’1”, 205 lbs, six seasons) had an inconsistent season in 2013. His long arms and physicality allowed him to be effective against bigger receivers such as Jimmy Graham when given help from the defense around him. However, Talib struggled later in the season against quicker receivers in space. His feet can be too heavy at times, and he loses some of his composure when asked to turn and sprint with receivers.

Effort is a concern with Talib when defending the run. Because of his stout build and aggressive nature in coverage, you would expect him to be stronger than he actually is against the blocks of receivers and tight ends.

Talib isn’t a bad tackler. He uses his arms well and has the strength to knock receivers backward or to the ground. His technique can be sloppy, but his physical prowess compensates for those reckless plays more often than not.

Talib was a decent starter for the Patriots last season, but he couldn't offer what Darrelle Revis does to the defense. If he can stay healthy, he will be a valuable contributor for the Broncos, but he needs to face the right type of receivers to be consistently effective.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
George1963
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Re: Someone agrees with me

Post by guppy on Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:40 am

George1963 wrote:Finally. Somebody else thinks Aqib Talib is a middle of the road JAG.
I swear, I could never understand why people loved this guy. Pats fans I could see. It's been a while since they've seen an actual NFL caliber cornerback, but the press? I actually heard a guy on TV use the word "splendid" when describing him this season. I nearly puked.
Bleacher Report Ranks him the 29th best corner in the league.
They have Dennard at 70, Browner at 38 and Revis 2nd BTW.

29. Aqib Talib, New England Patriots

Former New England Patriots and new Denver Broncos cornerback Aqib Talib (6’1”, 205 lbs, six seasons) had an inconsistent season in 2013. His long arms and physicality allowed him to be effective against bigger receivers such as Jimmy Graham when given help from the defense around him. However, Talib struggled later in the season against quicker receivers in space. His feet can be too heavy at times, and he loses some of his composure when asked to turn and sprint with receivers.

Effort is a concern with Talib when defending the run. Because of his stout build and aggressive nature in coverage, you would expect him to be stronger than he actually is against the blocks of receivers and tight ends.

Talib isn’t a bad tackler. He uses his arms well and has the strength to knock receivers backward or to the ground. His technique can be sloppy, but his physical prowess compensates for those reckless plays more often than not.

Talib was a decent starter for the Patriots last season, but he couldn't offer what Darrelle Revis does to the defense. If he can stay healthy, he will be a valuable contributor for the Broncos, but he needs to face the right type of receivers to be consistently effective.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top