Jordy Nelson?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Jordy Nelson?

Post by George1963 on Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:51 am

I moved this over.

Gup, what makes you think he would have taken Nelson in 2008? He'd have been too good for Bill to take.
Just kidding. I only bring it up because I just recently read a story that had the Pats had that pick, (31 or more likely 32 if they were still cheating  Very Happy ) they would have tried to move up to draft............Aquib Talib.
I didn't save the article and I think it was by some NFC west blogger who heard it 5th hand but still, if true it explains a few things.
George1963
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Back to top Go down

Re: Jordy Nelson?

Post by guppy on Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:54 pm

George1963 wrote:I moved this over.

Gup, what makes you think he would have taken Nelson in 2008? He'd have been too good for Bill to take.
Just kidding. I only bring it up because I just recently read a story that had the Pats had that pick, (31 or more likely 32 if they were still cheating  Very Happy ) they would have tried to move up to draft............Aquib Talib.
I didn't save the article and I think it was by some NFC west blogger who heard it 5th hand but still, if true it explains a few things.

I was just saying Jordy Nelson because he was still on the board when it would have been their turn to pick, if they had that pick.  Sure, I have no clue who they actually would have taken.   

But given the showing of brilliance in the past by picking a certain QB from Michigan that nobody else saw the potential, that same drafting brilliance would have most certainly played out again in the '08 draft, and they would have had a playa for years and years to come.  Its like the sun coming up in the morning.  You just know its going to happen.  But, woulda, shoulda, coulda.  That's what that arrogant S.O.B. gets for going all high-tech and using a video camera to record info instead of an old fashion notepad.  All one can say is, "live and learn".
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top