Profootballworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Potential QB?

3 posters

Go down

Potential QB? Empty Potential QB?

Post by Gbjerke Fri Dec 06, 2013 6:52 pm

I've mentioned this kid, Jordan Lynch of N. Illinois Univ before but he will be on ESPN2 at 7 pm tonight.  Take a peek if you are channel surfing.
He may/may not be NFL material.  Reminds me of Tebow who I thought was golden watching his college games.  NFL gurus disagreed.  Me thinks I was wrong...ya think?
Anyway, NIU went undefeated in the MAC last year.  Went to the Orange bowl last year and lost to Florida State like 30-10 but Lynch still put up big numbers.  Strong arm and quick, strong legs.
Undefeated again this year and playing Bowling Green for the MAC championship tonight.
The MAC is not any "big boy" conference but they are #14 is the BCS rankings right now and Lynch is mentioned as 1 of 4 potential QB Heisman candidates.  Besides their conference games, they did beat Iowa and Purdue this year so they can play with the semi big boys.
Would be interested in any observations.

Gbjerke

Back to top Go down

Potential QB? Empty Re: Potential QB?

Post by Gbjerke Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:52 pm

Boy, is this board quiet or what.  I'm still semi enthused about this Lynch kid.  May be another Tebow and the NFL gurus will certainly chime in eventually but if you are still digesting your Christmas over eating and just vegging in your recliner on 12-26, turn on ESPN for the Poinsettia Bowl...8:30 I think and take a peek at this kid.
He was the back up QB in his Frosh, Soph year but in his junior and senior year he hit for 470 of 763 passing for 5,800 yards; 60 TD's passing and 13 picks.  He has big time legs and had 570 rush attempts for 3,700 yards and 41 TD's.  Likely Tebow type stats but think he can run like Tebow but is a better passer and is very quick in decision making.
He did finish third in the Heisman this year....not bad considering the competition.
May be too small at 6-0 and 220?
Seriously, take a peek at him if you want some entertainment.
Cheers to all Viking fans.  Hope to see some more action on the board going forward....like who is going to replace Frazier if he is dumped.  
Wishing all a great Christmas.

Gbjerke

Back to top Go down

Post by j82053 Tue Dec 24, 2013 3:28 pm

Thanks Gb, I'll try and take a look at this kid. Sounds like Leslie is gone. I can only wonder who will be the next Vikings head coach. It wouldn't bother me if Spielman gets the ax to. Have a great Christmas.

j82053

Back to top Go down

Post by MrEd4748 Wed Dec 25, 2013 3:07 pm

j82053 wrote:Thanks Gb, I'll try and take a look at this kid. Sounds like Leslie is gone. I can only wonder who will be the next Vikings head coach. It wouldn't bother me if Spielman gets the ax to. Have a great Christmas.
I'd really like to see John "Chucky" Gruden coach the Vikings.  And anyone but Spielman in the front office.

MrEd4748

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 26, 2013 11:58 am

MrEd4748 wrote:
j82053 wrote:Thanks Gb, I'll try and take a look at this kid. Sounds like Leslie is gone. I can only wonder who will be the next Vikings head coach. It wouldn't bother me if Spielman gets the ax to. Have a great Christmas.
I'd really like to see John "Chucky" Gruden coach the Vikings.  And anyone but Spielman in the front office.

Here's who I'm pullin' for, Ed...   Laughing 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down

Post by Gbjerke Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:11 pm

MrEd4748 wrote:

Suspect Shanahan(sp?) will be available also.  Del Rio is another name I have heard about.  Gruden would eb a great choice also.
Then again, if they want to go cheap, I bet Culpepper and T-Jack would be available...LOL

Gbjerke

Back to top Go down

Post by MrEd4748 Thu Dec 26, 2013 1:26 pm

_HD_ wrote:
MrEd4748 wrote:

Here's who I'm pullin' for, Ed...   Laughing 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Sherman looks almost as enthused as Frazier does on the sideline during a game.    Rolling Eyes

MrEd4748

Back to top Go down

Post by j82053 Thu Dec 26, 2013 7:25 pm

Gbjerke wrote:
MrEd4748 wrote:

Suspect Shanahan(sp?) will be available also.  Del Rio is another name I have heard about.  Gruden would eb a great choice also.
Then again, if they want to go cheap, I bet Culpepper and T-Jack would be available...LOL
I wouldn't want Shanny he's toast.

j82053

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down