So very glad

View previous topic View next topic Go down

So very glad

Post by George1963 on Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:35 am

...that Kraft had the Patriots game flexed in complete contravention of the policy he came up with.

Again.


I don't think the game will mean anything in terms of the Pats playing for a bye since I don't give the Colts much of a chance of winning, but at least we'll get to see if BB throws the game to get the wild card opponent he wants.

Again.


Last edited by George1963 on Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:38 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ?)
avatar
George1963
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Posts : 1448
Join date : 2012-06-11
Age : 54
Location : Cheraw SC

Back to top Go down

Re: So very glad

Post by LRJets on Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:10 pm

George, what happens if the other three teams in the AFCE do not make the playoffs? It sure looks that way, where traditionally I know when the Jets made it, (under Herm and Rex), they played the Pats.

Do the Pats play the wild card (assuming no bye) from another AFC conference?

p.s. I was reading something about it being advantageous for NE to play another team then how it lays at this moment.
avatar
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Posts : 1831
Join date : 2012-01-23
Location : Wellington, Florida

Back to top Go down

Re: So very glad

Post by George1963 on Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:20 pm

LRJets wrote:George, what happens if the other three teams in the AFCE do not make the playoffs? It sure looks that way, where traditionally I know when the Jets made it, (under Herm and Rex), they played the Pats.

Do the Pats play the wild card (assuming no bye) from another AFC conference?

p.s. I was reading something about it being advantageous for NE to play another team then how it lays at this moment.



Denver's gonna win. That's all but certain so leave them out of it. I'm almost that sure that Houston will, and the Ravens should if they try. Which leaves the Pats walking onto the field with nothing to really play for. It would almost be better if they lost because Indy is a better matchup for them. Not saying BB would tank an entire game start to finish, but if it comes down to the very end and losing meant he could get the game he'd prefer, he's done it before.
Don't get me wrong, I'm jealous of Kraft having the clout to get the game shifted to give his team the advantage of knowing what the situation is before they take the field, but the flex is meant to put the best possible games on TV, not to help the team that happens to belong to the more powerful owner.
The more logical game to shift would have been Colts-Texans.
avatar
George1963
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Posts : 1448
Join date : 2012-06-11
Age : 54
Location : Cheraw SC

Back to top Go down

Re: So very glad

Post by LRJets on Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:06 pm

I think it was Denver that NE would like to avoid as per some "expert's" blog. NE is so fortunate to have had Brady because it's always a game. I wonder if the cosmics didn't bring BB and Brady together, would BB be an analyst on ESPN? Oops, the audition might have sent him back to Cleveland or the Montreal Alouettes.

Not taking anything from BB, but Brady came from behind so many times to give him a "W" , BB was served well by Brady, no doubt about it.



avatar
LRJets
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Posts : 1831
Join date : 2012-01-23
Location : Wellington, Florida

Back to top Go down

Re: So very glad

Post by guppy on Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:24 pm

George1963 wrote:
LRJets wrote:George, what happens if the other three teams in the AFCE do not make the playoffs? It sure looks that way, where traditionally I know when the Jets made it, (under Herm and Rex), they played the Pats.

Do the Pats play the wild card (assuming no bye) from another AFC conference?

p.s. I was reading something about it being advantageous for NE to play another team then how it lays at this moment.



Denver's gonna win. That's all but certain so leave them out of it. I'm almost that sure that Houston will, and the Ravens should if they try. Which leaves the Pats walking onto the field with nothing to really play for. It would almost be better if they lost because Indy is a better matchup for them. Not saying BB would tank an entire game start to finish, but if it comes down to the very end and losing meant he could get the game he'd prefer, he's done it before.
Don't get me wrong, I'm jealous of Kraft having the clout to get the game shifted to give his team the advantage of knowing what the situation is before they take the field, but the flex is meant to put the best possible games on TV, not to help the team that happens to belong to the more powerful owner.
The more logical game to shift would have been Colts-Texans.



No rocket science involved George. Simple as one phone call. "Hello Roger, Bob here." LOL. Very Happy
avatar
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Posts : 2310
Join date : 2012-11-23
Location : Massachusetts

Back to top Go down

Re: So very glad

Post by guppy on Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:38 am

What is surprising is how little of a chance you gave the Colts to beat the Texans. You were "almost that sure" ("all but certain") that Houston woud win. You're either overrating Houston, or underrating Indy. I say you seriously underrate Indy. Very dangerous team. The one year turn around is truly stunning. I guess Curtis Painter was really THAT bad. No matter what happens in the playoffs, you've had a successful season. You're playing with house money now. An actual playoff win would be all gravy. Congrats.

Chuckstrong.
avatar
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Posts : 2310
Join date : 2012-11-23
Location : Massachusetts

Back to top Go down

Re: So very glad

Post by George1963 on Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:51 am

No rocket science involved George. Simple as one phone call. "Hello Roger, Bob here." LOL.

Not even sure that the call needs to be made anymore. Roger knows what to do.
avatar
George1963
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Posts : 1448
Join date : 2012-06-11
Age : 54
Location : Cheraw SC

Back to top Go down

Re: So very glad

Post by George1963 on Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:02 am

guppy wrote:What is surprising is how little of a chance you gave the Colts to beat the Texans. You were "almost that sure" ("all but certain") that Houston woud win. You're either overrating Houston, or underrating Indy. I say you seriously underrate Indy. Very dangerous team. The one year turn around is truly stunning. I guess Curtis Painter was really THAT bad. No matter what happens in the playoffs, you've had a successful season. You're playing with house money now. An actual playoff win would be all gravy. Congrats.

Chuckstrong.

Houston has much better players than Indy. Much. My thinking was really pretty simple on this game. Houston can run the ball. The Colts can't stop the run. I thought the Texans would be 2nd and 4 or 5 all day.
I think my big mistake was giving Houston credit for having more heart than they do, which is evidently none. It worked out well though. The Colts won more games this year than I thought they would in the first two, they got a WC game that I think they have a shot at winning, but don't confuse them with a good team yet. Too many holes.
avatar
George1963
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Posts : 1448
Join date : 2012-06-11
Age : 54
Location : Cheraw SC

Back to top Go down

Re: So very glad

Post by guppy on Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:34 pm

Houston can run the ball.



That's up for debate. Sometimes yes, sometimes no.



But I'll say this. I hate all these "experts" and radio talk show guys giving their opinions on who us fans should fear or worry about, who is going to be dangerous in the playoffs, etc. All these guys do is base their opinions on trends. Example, Denver is the hot team now, and therefore, everybody's No. 1 in the power rankings, and favorite to go to, and likely win, the SB (Vegas has the Pats and Broncs as co-favorites to win the SB). Also, now Houston and Baltimore are now garbage because they trended downward towards the end of the season. I don't buy any of it. Its too simplistic to say Denver is the best, and Houston is in trouble -- al because of recent trends. I don't believe in trends for the most part. Trends are pretty much useless IMO. A team can suck one week, and totally turn it around the next, and vice versa. What happened the previous Sunday has pretty much ZERO bearing on what will transpire the next Sunday. Its a week-to-week league. Everybody is 0-0. Its anybody's tournament. I think Belichick is the best at driving this point home. What a team did in the past guarantees absolutely nothing of what they will do next. Not sure all the players always listen, but his basic message is, "take nothing for granted".
avatar
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Posts : 2310
Join date : 2012-11-23
Location : Massachusetts

Back to top Go down

Re: So very glad

Post by guppy on Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:35 pm

[quote="George1963"]No rocket science involved George. Simple as one phone call. "Hello Roger, Bob here." LOL.

Not even sure that the call needs to be made anymore. Roger knows what to do.




Oh, how cynical of you. LOL.
avatar
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Posts : 2310
Join date : 2012-11-23
Location : Massachusetts

Back to top Go down

Re: So very glad

Post by guppy on Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:46 pm

] but don't confuse them with a good team yet. Too many holes.



I don't know. To me, wins over the Vikings, Packers and Texans says something. Plus, the players seem to have genuinely great chemistry with each other, and as a result they are playing loose and free. I liked when Luck said in his post game press conferences after the big comeback victory (over the Lions I think), "Maybe we're too young and we just don't know any better, so we just keep on playing." That was pretty good. I guess he's a keeper, right?
avatar
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Posts : 2310
Join date : 2012-11-23
Location : Massachusetts

Back to top Go down

Re: So very glad

Post by George1963 on Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:52 pm

guppy wrote: Houston can run the ball.



That's up for debate. Sometimes yes, sometimes no.



But I'll say this. I hate all these "experts" and radio talk show guys giving their opinions on who us fans should fear or worry about, who is going to be dangerous in the playoffs, etc. All these guys do is base their opinions on trends. Example, Denver is the hot team now, and therefore, everybody's No. 1 in the power rankings, and favorite to go to, and likely win, the SB (Vegas has the Pats and Broncs as co-favorites to win the SB). Also, now Houston and Baltimore are now garbage because they trended downward towards the end of the season. I don't buy any of it. Its too simplistic to say Denver is the best, and Houston is in trouble -- al because of recent trends. I don't believe in trends for the most part. Trends are pretty much useless IMO. A team can suck one week, and totally turn it around the next, and vice versa. What happened the previous Sunday has pretty much ZERO bearing on what will transpire the next Sunday. Its a week-to-week league. Everybody is 0-0. Its anybody's tournament. I think Belichick is the best at driving this point home. What a team did in the past guarantees absolutely nothing of what they will do next. Not sure all the players always listen, but his basic message is, "take nothing for granted".

If by "trend" you mean winning streak, I gotta believe trends mean something. As much as I hate to agree with the little sociopath on anything, I've heard BB mumble about how important it is to finish the season strong 100 times.
avatar
George1963
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Posts : 1448
Join date : 2012-06-11
Age : 54
Location : Cheraw SC

Back to top Go down

Re: So very glad

Post by guppy on Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:49 am

If by "trend" you mean winning streak, I gotta believe trends mean something. As much as I hate to agree with the little sociopath on anything, I've heard BB mumble about how important it is to finish the season strong 100 times.



Sure I agree that trends mean something. But what I'm sayin is that you never know when one "trend" comes to an abrupt and unexpected end, (Example, Pats absolutely destroying Houston on Monday night after most experts picked the Texans to win the game as they were perceived to be the "more physical" team), and a new "trend" begins. It could happen at any time, usually unexpected. One of the best bits of evidence of BB's long term view of a season is that he always says the season does not even really begin until after Thanksgiving. The players buy into it.
avatar
guppy
1st Round Pick
1st Round Pick

Posts : 2310
Join date : 2012-11-23
Location : Massachusetts

Back to top Go down

Re: So very glad

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum