Anylizing the draft.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Anylizing the draft.

Post by rodevos1 on Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:48 am

I think Luck might be trying to fill too big of shoe's in Indy - so I see a possible bust if they cut Manning loose without a mentor for him.
For RG3 - solid bust and a drop n the draft. About the only positive I see for any team that signs him is, "he can slide on the run"! LOL
If the Vikes draft OT Kalill, I dont see him playing as a starter very long being that he's only had one solid year in College as a starter and since he's just a jr. he will have a long road ahead of him in the NFL. Ponders life is in jeopardy. If it wasn't for Frazier trying to make himself look like a tough guy by cutting McKinnie free without any chance to get something out of the deal, we wouldn't be having to look for a OT to begin with.
If the Vikings go Corner here, I'll be surprised and it might just make us a little happier about the Defense.
If they draft Blackmon, which I don't think they'll do, I'll be happy as a fly on shit.
avatar
rodevos1

Posts : 69
Join date : 2012-02-19

Back to top Go down

Re: Anylizing the draft.

Post by rodevos1 on Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:56 am

I think Luck might be trying to fill too big of shoe's in Indy - so I see a possible bust if they cut Manning loose without a mentor for him.

For RG3 - solid bust and a drop n the draft. About the only positive I see for any team that signs him is, "he can slide on the run"! LOL

If the Vikes draft OT Kalill, I dont see him playing as a starter very long being that he's only had one solid year in College as a starter and since he's just a jr. he will have a long road ahead of him in the NFL. Ponders life is in jeopardy. If it wasn't for Frazier trying to make himself look like a tough guy by cutting McKinnie free without any chance to get something out of the deal, we wouldn't be having to look for a OT to begin with.

If the Vikings go Corner here, I'll be surprised and it might just make us a little happier about the Defense But leaves us another year with average Receivers.

If they draft Blackmon, which I don't think they'll do, I'll be happy as a fly on shit.
avatar
rodevos1

Posts : 69
Join date : 2012-02-19

Back to top Go down

Re: Anylizing the draft.

Post by jjnet328 on Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:12 pm

They're going to trade the pick and load up which is probably best. They won't have a shot at the receiver. Rams are gonna snatch em at #2.

jjnet328

Posts : 19
Join date : 2012-01-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Anylizing the draft.

Post by rodevos1 on Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:06 pm

jjnet328 wrote:They're going to trade the pick and load up which is probably best. They won't have a shot at the receiver. Rams are gonna snatch em at #2.

I wish the Vikings could get Blackman then, we wouldn't need to go look for another #1 for a few years. They could find one in free agency if they wanted to spend the money. If they trade the 3rd pick and get more players I wouldn't be opposed to that but, since they can get away with paying a rookie cheaper than a 4 yr Vet they need to get whatever they can plus a player or two. That 3rd pick is gold right now so lets hope Fraizer and Speilman don't fuck it up.
avatar
rodevos1

Posts : 69
Join date : 2012-02-19

Back to top Go down

Re: Anylizing the draft.

Post by Gbjerke on Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:46 pm

rodevos1 wrote:
jjnet328 wrote:They're going to trade the pick and load up which is probably best. They won't have a shot at the receiver. Rams are gonna snatch em at #2.

I wish the Vikings could get Blackman then, we wouldn't need to go look for another #1 for a few years. They could find one in free agency if they wanted to spend the money. If they trade the 3rd pick and get more players I wouldn't be opposed to that but, since they can get away with paying a rookie cheaper than a 4 yr Vet they need to get whatever they can plus a player or two. That 3rd pick is gold right now so lets hope Fraizer and Speilman don't fuck it up.

I'm torn on the issue. We so need an OT and secondary help so to swap #3 for more picks makes sense. However if Blackmon is available at #3, I don't think we can pass on him. He is just so damn impressive and plays a lot bigger that his 6'0".

I can only assume the Vikes will test the waters before the draft as to a swap. I'd hate to see them hang onto this pick and if Blackmon goes to the Rams, the brain trust puts their heads together and blows the time limit. Don't laugh, it happened a few years ago.

Me...cynical???? For sure!

Gbjerke

Posts : 118
Join date : 2012-02-06

Back to top Go down

wtf???

Post by rodevos1 on Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:32 am

This site seems erratic.


Last edited by rodevos1 on Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:43 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : because it sucked)
avatar
rodevos1

Posts : 69
Join date : 2012-02-19

Back to top Go down

Re: Anylizing the draft.

Post by rodevos1 on Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:34 am

Gbjerke wrote:
rodevos1 wrote:
jjnet328 wrote:They're going to trade the pick and load up which is probably best. They won't have a shot at the receiver. Rams are gonna snatch em at #2.

I wish the Vikings could get Blackman then, we wouldn't need to go look for another #1 for a few years. They could find one in free agency if they wanted to spend the money. If they trade the 3rd pick and get more players I wouldn't be opposed to that but, since they can get away with paying a rookie cheaper than a 4 yr Vet they need to get whatever they can plus a player or two. That 3rd pick is gold right now so lets hope Fraizer and Speilman don't fuck it up.

I'm torn on the issue. We so need an OT and secondary help so to swap #3 for more picks makes sense. However if Blackmon is available at #3, I don't think we can pass on him. He is just so damn impressive and plays a lot bigger that his 6'0".

I can only assume the Vikes will test the waters before the draft as to a swap. I'd hate to see them hang onto this pick and if Blackmon goes to the Rams, the brain trust puts their heads together and blows the time limit. Don't laugh, it happened a few years ago.

Me...cynical???? For sure!



I wonder what the 3rd pick could actually be worth to a little more of a desperate team.
The Vikings actually are a little desperate but their not so far off
that they couldn't fix any of their problems. They seem to fuck
everything up almost each and every single draft by taking a player they
really don't need to take. So maybe if they get an opt out ( trade )
and still remain a little high in the draft they could pursue "another"
trade to get more draft picks. I'm a firm believer in getting more
bodies in camp to select from but then again I'm not so biased as to not
think there isn't a gem floating around in Free Agency either where
they could fill a void they otherwise couldn't do it in the draft.

One thing that irritates the shit out of me is when the Vikings blow
off resigning a Veteran player when he's becoming a restricted Agent
until hes a bonified Unrestricted free Agent who finally decides, "I'll
test the market" like Ray Edwards did and so many others did.
avatar
rodevos1

Posts : 69
Join date : 2012-02-19

Back to top Go down

Re: Anylizing the draft.

Post by rodevos1 on Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:41 am

Man this website is starting to suck
avatar
rodevos1

Posts : 69
Join date : 2012-02-19

Back to top Go down

Re: Anylizing the draft.

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum