Penn State Imortalized

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Penn State Imortalized

Post by rodevos1 on Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:45 pm

60 Mill fine, stripped of their wins, titles etc. since "98". Makes the Saints and Patsies look like they "got off easy". LOL Of course, they are "innocent" and, we all know that by now since thats what weve been told by their fans but, being that Petrino took the biggest hit by losing all his wins - after he's dead makes it seem a little more extravagant. I suppose this is whats gonna happen to those that cover shit up, especially when a pedophile is involved. Suspect
I hope Sandusky is proud of his moments he took and probably shared with them little College boys. Seeing that guy led to a squad car with a fagy smirk on his face made me wanna puke but, covering the shit up and all that obviously wasn't worth it in the long run for Penn State - idiots!
If you ask me, I think everything they received was justifiable along with everything that was taken from them.

IMO,... The punishment fit the crime here thats for sure.
rodevos1

Back to top Go down

Mixed feelings here...

Post by Gbjerke on Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:18 pm

Personally, I'm not so sure the punishment fits the crime as to Paterno. The biggy here is that there appears to be no question he knew about it and did not dump Sandusky IMMEDIATELY. No question that should have been done and I blame him for not doing so. It is dubious as hell if he used the excuse of telling his "higher ups"...that just does not cut it and I don't excuse him for this at all so he bears a huge responsibiity in this regard.

On the flip side, his record of graduating his players is pretty damn admirable and he ran a clean program for many years and the only thing unclean is the Sandusky fiasco. That's the aspect I cannot handle. Lots of positives from him but the one negative sinks him.

I'm still on the fence on his statue being removed. He did so much good for Penn State and then failed so miserably with the Sandusky matter. I feel for the Paterno family as Joe put his life into the program with great success and the accolades were abundant. Hard to see his legacy so tarnished by the Sandusky matter.

I am so on the fence with it all. Have never been a Penn State fan and never followed them until they joined the Big 10 but always thought Joe Pa was super genuine. Most disappointing.

Gbjerke

Back to top Go down

Re: Penn State Imortalized

Post by Guest on Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:49 pm

Paterno could of gave a shit about those raped kids. He wasn't a stupid man he knew what was going on and so did every top administrator on campus. They should have been dealt the death penalty.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:29 pm

Thor11 wrote:
Gbjerke wrote:Personally, I'm not so sure the punishment fits the crime as to Paterno. The biggy here is that there appears to be no question he knew about it and did not dump Sandusky IMMEDIATELY. No question that should have been done and I blame him for not doing so. It is dubious as hell if he used the excuse of telling his "higher ups"...that just does not cut it and I don't excuse him for this at all so he bears a huge responsibiity in this regard.

On the flip side, his record of graduating his players is pretty damn admirable and he ran a clean program for many years and the only thing unclean is the Sandusky fiasco. That's the aspect I cannot handle. Lots of positives from him but the one negative sinks him.

I'm still on the fence on his statue being removed. He did so much good for Penn State and then failed so miserably with the Sandusky matter. I feel for the Paterno family as Joe put his life into the program with great success and the accolades were abundant. Hard to see his legacy so tarnished by the Sandusky matter.

I am so on the fence with it all. Have never been a Penn State fan and never followed them until they joined the Big 10 but always thought Joe Pa was super genuine. Most disappointing.

Completely agree with Gbjerke's take on this subject. Very much on the fence about Paterno's long term legacy. Sure he dropped the ball w/Sandusky....but the impact he had on college football and student/ athletes not only at Penn St, but around the country, just can't be tossed in a garbage dump. If you feel it should,..fine. I just can't dissmiss his accomplishments so easlily...JMO

i personaly think paterno and penn state got hosed in this deal if the police had done their due dilligence in 99 when a mother reported that this evil pile of dog dropping did this to he son this would have been over then. yea more could have been done but acting now against paterno and the others besides sandusky is like closing the fridge door after all the food has spoiled taking away wins is plain stupid that victumizes every athelete who fought for those wins every fan that rooted for them. the 40 mill fine i have no problem with but the rest just makes more victums that had nothing to do with this i doubt we will ever see a coach last as long as paterno did. those day6s are long gone now teams will be lucky to have a guy for five years ten at the most the ncaa shopuld be ashamed of them selves for most of their actions in this case . now if paterno had been molesting kids its a far differnt thing. but like i said a lot more could have been done but the same can be said every where we are a country of people who look the other way untill it becomes news worthy. i dont see the govenment going after the cardinals and pope for not doing more about the priest molesting boys its just a sad day when such a beloved figure like joe pa gets this kind of treatment . and no i have never been a penn state fan. like i said its a sad sad day
Thor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:36 pm

Rumor has it paterno held this over the schools head to his job.

Back to top Go down

Post by rodevos1 on Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:59 am

i personaly think paterno and penn state got hosed in this deal if the
police had done their due dilligence in 99 when a mother reported that
this evil pile of dog dropping did this to he son this would have been
over then. yea more could have been done but acting now against paterno
and the others besides sandusky is like closing the fridge door after
all the food has spoiled taking away wins is plain stupid that
victumizes every athelete who fought for those wins every fan that
rooted for them. the 40 mill fine i have no problem with but the rest
just makes more victums that had nothing to do with this i doubt we will
ever see a coach last as long as paterno did. those day6s are long gone
now teams will be lucky to have a guy for five years ten at the most
the ncaa shopuld be ashamed of them selves for most of their actions in
this case . now if paterno had been molesting kids its a far differnt
thing. but like i said a lot more could have been done but the same can
be said every where we are a country of people who look the other way
untill it becomes news worthy. i dont see the govenment going after the
cardinals and pope for not doing more about the priest molesting boys
its just a sad day when such a beloved figure like joe pa gets this kind
of treatment . and no i have never been a penn state fan. like i said
its a sad sad day
Thor

I can agree with you on this Thor. He was a godsend to this School but, turning his head and not calling the Police was his downfall. And, like you said,; If the Cops would have done due diligence back in "99" Sandusky would have been a bitch behind a Prison walls by now.
Still, one thing that eludes most of us is the fact that this was a college and, isnt it a fact that 99.9% of the students there are already adults over the age of consent and mentally - intelligent enough to calculate their own decisions when it comes to a queer jumping on their backs in a shower stall? I mean for fucks sake,... they could have said "NO Get the fuck outta here". Too me, this is all as funny as a couple of fuck'n hairlips chit-chat'n on a salesfloor trying to buy a car, seriously,....them guys all had the choice to either,..walk outta there, yell and scream or whatever or punch the fuk'n shit outta the guy. Personally I think I would have punched him smack in the face and kicked him so many times his eyes would have popped outta his face. Then I'd have worried about the repercussions later on but already knowing that he was a pervert to begin with would have already won the case for anybody.
Ok,...to be quite frank with you, I don't even know if I know who is a queer. I do have a lot of friends etc. but, I guess to me, if they are not dressed in womans clothing then how the fuck would I know if their gay or whatever to begin with. I would assume that for most people too. Oh well, the way I see it, I'm secure enough to know I can handle myself appropriately in a situation like that by saying; You have a choice buddy, ...1st choice is, you can turn around and leave asap or suffer in a pool of your own blood. 2nd choice,...........there isn't one and, you have only a second or two to make your way away from me or 1st choice is a happin'in in the blink of an eye.
So anyway, the way I see it them kids or young college men - had a choice to say "NO". But instead let the guy fag off on'm and later on have regrets about it. Thats the way I understand this all as happening anyway.
Yeah, I think Patrino took the major hit on this. And no, really I think the School should have kept his statue out there at the least, he was a hearo too that School but, wasnt the guy who did this shit but instead, he did help to harbor it so some fault here has to be shared - according the the NCAA. I suppose it was just too much for Sandusky to want to stop back when he was first warned though. And like a little kid taking cookies outta the cookie jar, he eventually was going to get caught. And from what I understand the guy just didn't even care anymore. A way to curb his appetite may be by neutering the fucker though. lol
I remember listening to the news the night they broke the news about the fines etc. the students looked like they were in utter shock and,...rightfully so, this kind of shit shouldn't happen to begin with, it just isnt normal IMO!
rodevos1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top