When games really matter...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

When games really matter...

Post by Guest on Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:28 pm

The Steelers own the Colts.

The sooner you come to that realization, the better you are going to be able to cope with reality Stampy. lol!

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: When games really matter...

Post by George1963 on Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:09 pm

DiehardSteelersfan wrote:The Steelers own the Colts.

The sooner you come to that realization, the better you are going to be able to cope with reality Stampy. lol!


Yawn!!

Sleep
avatar
George1963
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Posts : 1448
Join date : 2012-06-11
Age : 54
Location : Cheraw SC

Back to top Go down

Re: When games really matter...

Post by Guest on Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:41 pm

George1963 wrote:
DiehardSteelersfan wrote:The Steelers own the Colts.

The sooner you come to that realization, the better you are going to be able to cope with reality Stampy. lol!


Yawn!!

Sleep



That's right, you go back to sleep again. Smile Sorry I woke you up.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: When games really matter...

Post by Stampede on Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:04 am

DiehardSteelersfan wrote:The Steelers own the Colts.

The sooner you come to that realization, the better you are going to be able to cope with reality Stampy. lol!

Reminds me of a post Rags wrote over on the Jets board about how I, a Colts fan, had some nerve to talk smack to Steelers fans. I guess Rags never realized that the Colts were 2-1 against the Steelers in the Manning era with their lone loss coming on a Mike Vandershank miss of a chip shot. Then again Rags never was big on facts.

Stampede

Posts : 109
Join date : 2012-02-29

Back to top Go down

Re: When games really matter...

Post by Guest on Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:10 pm

Stampede wrote:
DiehardSteelersfan wrote:The Steelers own the Colts.

The sooner you come to that realization, the better you are going to be able to cope with reality Stampy. lol!

Reminds me of a post Rags wrote over on the Jets board about how I, a Colts fan, had some nerve to talk smack to Steelers fans. I guess Rags never realized that the Colts were 2-1 against the Steelers in the Manning era with their lone loss coming on a Mike Vandershank miss of a chip shot. Then again Rags never was big on facts.



I think it is "you" who never seems to grasp that fact that whenever the Colts play the Steelers in a meaningful game, where it is "do or die"- win and move on or lose and go home, you guys go home. Please try and wrap your brain around this fact because I'm getting tired of repeating this to you year-after-year.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: When games really matter...

Post by George1963 on Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:53 pm

DiehardSteelersfan

I think it is "you" who never seems to grasp that fact that whenever the Colts play the Steelers in a meaningful game, where it is "do or die"- win and move on or lose and go home, you guys go home.




Like the Steelers and the Jags?
avatar
George1963
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Posts : 1448
Join date : 2012-06-11
Age : 54
Location : Cheraw SC

Back to top Go down

Re: When games really matter...

Post by Guest on Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:41 pm

George1963 wrote:DiehardSteelersfan

I think it is "you" who never seems to grasp that fact that whenever the Colts play the Steelers in a meaningful game, where it is "do or die"- win and move on or lose and go home, you guys go home.




Like the Steelers and the Jags?



I have no problem giving credit to a fan from another team when they deserve it. I just don't understand fans (Stamp) who simply win a couple of games against a team that has litterly owned them for decades spouting off because of those couple of wins. Still, using the one playoff game the Jags won against the Steelers in the final seconds only because the NFL refs did not see a clear holding call is weak at best.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: When games really matter...

Post by George1963 on Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:23 am

DiehardSteelersfan wrote:
George1963 wrote:DiehardSteelersfan

I think it is "you" who never seems to grasp that fact that whenever the Colts play the Steelers in a meaningful game, where it is "do or die"- win and move on or lose and go home, you guys go home.




Like the Steelers and the Jags?



I have no problem giving credit to a fan from another team when they deserve it. I just don't understand fans (Stamp) who simply win a couple of games against a team that has litterly owned them for decades spouting off because of those couple of wins. Still, using the one playoff game the Jags won against the Steelers in the final seconds only because the NFL refs did not see a clear holding call is weak at best.


The Steelers went 75 years without ever losing to the same team twice in the same season until they ran into the buzzsaw that is the Jacksonville Jaguars.
avatar
George1963
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Posts : 1448
Join date : 2012-06-11
Age : 54
Location : Cheraw SC

Back to top Go down

Re: When games really matter...

Post by Guest on Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:27 pm

George1963 wrote:
DiehardSteelersfan wrote:
George1963 wrote:DiehardSteelersfan

I think it is "you" who never seems to grasp that fact that whenever the Colts play the Steelers in a meaningful game, where it is "do or die"- win and move on or lose and go home, you guys go home.




Like the Steelers and the Jags?



I have no problem giving credit to a fan from another team when they deserve it. I just don't understand fans (Stamp) who simply win a couple of games against a team that has litterly owned them for decades spouting off because of those couple of wins. Still, using the one playoff game the Jags won against the Steelers in the final seconds only because the NFL refs did not see a clear holding call is weak at best.



Yea, well the NFL really screwed up when they brought the Jaguars and the Panther's into the league. They basically set it up to give those two teams a huge advantage to begin winning right away. That's why you'll never see a new franchise again be able to do what those two teams were able to accomplish in the first few years of their existence.


The Steelers went 75 years without ever losing to the same team twice in the same season until they ran into the buzzsaw that is the Jacksonville Jaguars.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: When games really matter...

Post by Stampede on Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:13 pm

How many "meaningful" games are you referring to Die? Off the top of my head I can only remember the Colts and Steelers meeting twice in the playoffs in the last 20+ years. '96 (when the refs handed you the game ) and '05. Real big sample size there.

Stampede

Posts : 109
Join date : 2012-02-29

Back to top Go down

Re: When games really matter...

Post by Guest on Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:07 pm

Stampede wrote:How many "meaningful" games are you referring to Die? Off the top of my head I can only remember the Colts and Steelers meeting twice in the playoffs in the last 20+ years. '96 (when the refs handed you the game ) and '05. Real big sample size there.

I hope you realize that I am just yanking your chain. I have the utmost respect for the Colts organization especially their uncanny ability to pick QB's. Andrew Luck looks almost as good as Roethlisberger in his rookie season. Let's see if he can go all the way to the AFC Championship game until he loses his first game like Ben. Smile

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: When games really matter...

Post by George1963 on Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:22 am

Yea, well the NFL really screwed up when they brought the Jaguars and
the Panther's into the league. They basically set it up to give those
two teams a huge advantage to begin winning right away. That's why
you'll never see a new franchise again be able to do what those two
teams were able to accomplish in the first few years of their existence.


I'll assume you're being serious about this and not just making excuses for the Jags utter dominance of the Steelers in "win or go home" games. Wink

The Bucs and Seahawks started out with similar "advantages" to the ones the Jags and Panthers did.
The Browns and Texans did after.
It took years for any of those teams to even work their way up to mediocre.
1995 was the exception, not the rule.


Last edited by George1963 on Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:37 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Wrong word and year)
avatar
George1963
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Posts : 1448
Join date : 2012-06-11
Age : 54
Location : Cheraw SC

Back to top Go down

Re: When games really matter...

Post by Guest on Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:29 pm

George1963 wrote:Yea, well the NFL really screwed up when they brought the Jaguars and
the Panther's into the league. They basically set it up to give those
two teams a huge advantage to begin winning right away. That's why
you'll never see a new franchise again be able to do what those two
teams were able to accomplish in the first few years of their existence.


I'll assume you're being serious about this and not just making excuses for the Jags utter dominance of the Steelers in "win or go home" games. Wink

The Bucs and Seahawks started out with similar "advantages" to the ones the Jags and Panthers did.
The Browns and Texans did after.
It took years for any of those teams to even work their way up to mediocre.
1995 was the exception, not the rule.

Wrong, wrong, wrong! The Jags and Panthers go huge advantage over all the rest of the new teams. That's why the NFL did not let teams after the Jags and Panthers have those advantages. When those two teams came into the league, teams had to give up a couple of their players off of their roster. It never happened after that.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: When games really matter...

Post by George1963 on Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:53 pm

DiehardSteelersfan wrote:
George1963 wrote:

The Bucs and Seahawks started out with similar "advantages" to the ones the Jags and Panthers did.
The Browns and Texans did after.
It took years for any of those teams to even work their way up to mediocre.
1995 was the exception, not the rule.

Wrong, wrong, wrong! The Jags and Panthers go huge advantage over all the rest of the new teams. That's why the NFL did not let teams after the Jags and Panthers have those advantages. When those two teams came into the league, teams had to give up a couple of their players off of their roster. It never happened after that.

Um, no.

The Cleveland Browns had spent three years with its operations suspended after Art Modell had taken the Browns' organization and players to Baltimore, Maryland to form the Baltimore Ravens at the end of the 1995 NFL season.
Upon returning to the league, in order to become competitive with
existing teams, the Browns were awarded the first pick in the 1999 NFL Draft,
and the league gave the Browns the opportunity to select current
players from the other teams. That selection was provided by the 1999 National Football League Expansion Draft, held on February 9, 1999. 130 players were left unprotected by their teams for the Browns to draft.[1]

The Browns took 37 guys off other teams. Some of them big names.


The 2002 National Football League Expansion Draft was the most recent National Football League (NFL) draft in which a new expansion team, named the Houston Texans, selected its first players.
In this draft, held months before the regular draft, the existing
franchises listed players from which the Texans could select to switch
to the new team. This was the second expansion draft after the NFL had
instituted the salary cap,
which limited the total amount teams could spend on the their roster of
players. Teams placed many quality players on the list who had large
contracts, as the Texans were required to assume the contracts of those
players if selected.[6][7] The Texans selected three players with a total salary-cap value of $14.9 million from the Jacksonville Jaguars, who were $23 million over the cap; three players with a total salary-cap value of $14.1 million from the New York Jets, who were $16 million over the cap; and two players with a total salary-cap value of $7.1 million from the Baltimore Ravens, who were $23 million over the cap.[8] The list included 155 NFL players,[9][10] 25 of whom were Pro Bowl players. The draft took place live and aired on ESPN. The Texans drafted a total of nineteen players.
avatar
George1963
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Posts : 1448
Join date : 2012-06-11
Age : 54
Location : Cheraw SC

Back to top Go down

Re: When games really matter...

Post by Guest on Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:26 pm

George1963 wrote:
DiehardSteelersfan wrote:
George1963 wrote:

The Bucs and Seahawks started out with similar "advantages" to the ones the Jags and Panthers did.
The Browns and Texans did after.
It took years for any of those teams to even work their way up to mediocre.
1995 was the exception, not the rule.

Wrong, wrong, wrong! The Jags and Panthers go huge advantage over all the rest of the new teams. That's why the NFL did not let teams after the Jags and Panthers have those advantages. When those two teams came into the league, teams had to give up a couple of their players off of their roster. It never happened after that.

Um, no.

The Cleveland Browns had spent three years with its operations suspended after Art Modell had taken the Browns' organization and players to Baltimore, Maryland to form the Baltimore Ravens at the end of the 1995 NFL season.
Upon returning to the league, in order to become competitive with
existing teams, the Browns were awarded the first pick in the 1999 NFL Draft,
and the league gave the Browns the opportunity to select current
players from the other teams. That selection was provided by the 1999 National Football League Expansion Draft, held on February 9, 1999. 130 players were left unprotected by their teams for the Browns to draft.[1]

The Browns took 37 guys off other teams. Some of them big names.


The 2002 National Football League Expansion Draft was the most recent National Football League (NFL) draft in which a new expansion team, named the Houston Texans, selected its first players.
In this draft, held months before the regular draft, the existing
franchises listed players from which the Texans could select to switch
to the new team. This was the second expansion draft after the NFL had
instituted the salary cap,
which limited the total amount teams could spend on the their roster of
players. Teams placed many quality players on the list who had large
contracts, as the Texans were required to assume the contracts of those
players if selected.[6][7] The Texans selected three players with a total salary-cap value of $14.9 million from the Jacksonville Jaguars, who were $23 million over the cap; three players with a total salary-cap value of $14.1 million from the New York Jets, who were $16 million over the cap; and two players with a total salary-cap value of $7.1 million from the Baltimore Ravens, who were $23 million over the cap.[8] The list included 155 NFL players,[9][10] 25 of whom were Pro Bowl players. The draft took place live and aired on ESPN. The Texans drafted a total of nineteen players.



Well I was wrong then. Man, I hate it when I am wrong!

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: When games really matter...

Post by Guest on Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:30 pm

Stampede wrote:How many "meaningful" games are you referring to Die? Off the top of my head I can only remember the Colts and Steelers meeting twice in the playoffs in the last 20+ years. '96 (when the refs handed you the game ) and '05. Real big sample size there.



That's right, twice! And don't complain about my refs. It costs big-time money to get those calls. lol!

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: When games really matter...

Post by Toddseahawks on Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:18 pm

DiehardSteelersfan wrote:
Stampede wrote:How many "meaningful" games are you referring to Die? Off the top of my head I can only remember the Colts and Steelers meeting twice in the playoffs in the last 20+ years. '96 (when the refs handed you the game ) and '05. Real big sample size there.



That's right, twice! And don't complain about my refs. It costs big-time money to get those calls. lol!





I have never made excuse for the super bowl. But i will go on the record...the hawks where so f ed in the hole....it turned the tide of the game....it was a joke. I dare the steelers refs to pull that shit this year....we are back!!!! Seahawks are unstoppable this year....write that shit down. Real deal....
avatar
Toddseahawks
7th Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Posts : 869
Join date : 2012-01-23

Back to top Go down

Re: When games really matter...

Post by Guest on Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:39 pm

Toddseahawks wrote:
DiehardSteelersfan wrote:
Stampede wrote:How many "meaningful" games are you referring to Die? Off the top of my head I can only remember the Colts and Steelers meeting twice in the playoffs in the last 20+ years. '96 (when the refs handed you the game ) and '05. Real big sample size there.



That's right, twice! And don't complain about my refs. It costs big-time money to get those calls. lol!





I have never made excuse for the super bowl. But i will go on the record...the hawks where so f ed in the hole....it turned the tide of the game....it was a joke. I dare the steelers refs to pull that shit this year....we are back!!!! Seahawks are unstoppable this year....write that shit down. Real deal....



If those calls went Seahawks way instead of the Steelers, we would have a right to complain too. Just plain downright too close to call. The real grevious call IMO was the push off in the end zone that took your touchdown away. In truth, there were ticky-tacky calls that the Seahawks used to justify losing that game. I don't think there was any doubt that we had the better team. I've never seen Ben play such a bad game and that was all because of nerves. You seen him play the very next season on how good he really is as a quarterback and if his nerves didn't effect him- that game wouldn't have been close. Sorry Todd, I hope this doesn't piss you off.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: When games really matter...

Post by George1963 on Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:58 am

DiehardSteelersfan wrote:


Well I was wrong then. Man, I hate it when I am wrong!

I know. I was wrong once. It blows.
avatar
George1963
3rd Round Pick
3rd Round Pick

Posts : 1448
Join date : 2012-06-11
Age : 54
Location : Cheraw SC

Back to top Go down

Re: When games really matter...

Post by Guest on Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:31 pm

George1963 wrote:DiehardSteelersfan wrote:


Well I was wrong then. Man, I hate it when I am wrong!

I know. I was wrong once. It blows.




Just once? Wow, let's go to Vegas so we can make some money. Smile

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: When games really matter...

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum